Canada Serving Canada.

OCO event Honey Moon Cruise Jun 17-19

Old 04-02-2016, 10:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default OCO event Honey Moon Cruise Jun 17-19

Hello OCO members,

Flo and I had an amazing time in Rwanda and are now back in town. We have planned a 3 day/2 night cruise, june 17 thru to 19th, friday to sunday to commemorate our Marital union among friends and so we thought it would be appropriate to call it the "Honey Moon Cruise"

Friday:

The central meeting point is Tim Hortons, Prescott, ON at 9am on friday the 17th. From there, we will proceed to the Ogdensburg border crossing and head to Lake Placid, NY. We will arrive early afternoon. Since it's hard to predict our arrival time, I haven't made restaurant reservations for lunch. We can decide where we want to eat when we get there, the same goes for supper. After lunch, we head for white face mountain. The park admission for 1 car and 2 adults is $19 us dollars. The drive and the climb of white face will take up the rest of the afternoon after which we head back to Lake Placid where we can check in the hotel.

I booked in the quality Inn, 2125 Saranac Ave, Lake Placid. I was assured there was plenty of rooms left but was unable to get a better rate as I could not confirm how many parties would accompany us. I booked the room thru "choice Hotels" for $115 US dollars to give you an idea.

Feel free to roam about downtown Lake Placid the rest of the evening or suggest someting we can do as a group.. you never know! We will reconvein the following morning at the breakfast table.*

Saturday:

Please be ready to depart from the hotel by 830am. We will be traveling E-SE on HW 3, 89, 93, 101 then 95 going thru Manchester, Portsmouth and arrive York Beach area late afternoon. I figure we will probably want to check in at the hotel first.*

The Hotel we booked is the Microtel Inn, 6 Market Place dr. York, ME 03909. Lots of rooms left at the time of this writing!

I have planned dinner at the Sun and Surf restaurant that evening so I need to know who will attend to make reservations. If time permits, we could cruise along the sea shore or walk the stretch of Long Beach just outside the restaurant weather permitting of course.

Sunday:

After breakfast, We should aim to depart the Hotel by 9am. We will journey thru the sea side roads to arrive to our final destination: Old Orchard Beach where we will spend the better part of the day after which we will part ways at our leasure.

Note: Make sure you carry a valid passport. I would also recommend that you carry $100 US dollars and a credit card

We are looking forward to this cruise and hope you are too! If you have questions, don't hesitate and contact me.

Cheers!

Flo and Mario

Old 04-05-2016, 12:39 PM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: OCO event Honey Moon Cruise Jun 17-19

We are looking forward to this cruise and hope you are too!
Congratulations Mario to you and Flo. Count us in!
Have been to Lake Placid a number of times, including past Crossfire meets. Great scenery, restaurants, taverns, shopping....look forward to the weekend.