Commercial Sponsor Classifieds In order to post in this forum you must be a Commercial Sponsor. If you are not a commercial sponsor you will need to buy a sponsorship to create new threads in this section.
View Poll Results: Are you interested in custom leather seat cover replacements?
For Base coupe or roadster
33.33%
For Limited coupe or roadster
41.03%
SRT6 coupe or roadster
25.64%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Katzkin Leather Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Katzkin Leather Seat Covers

I have just signed up as a Katzkin dealer. These are the people who supply most of the car dealers with aftermarket leather seating. It replaces the original covers and is as close to factory or custom as it gets.

The currently offer leather for the base Crossfire roadster and coupe. This is a great opportunity to not only have leather seats but to have them totally custom made to your design. You can choose the color, grain, pattern, leather or suede, contrast stitching, piping, logo etc. You can have it all one color or like the Limited model, have dual colors. You can even have sued inserts like the SRTs.

They do not currently offer replacement covers for the Limited and SRT, however if I make a healthy investment up front and buy the pattern we can get those models included. A great way to freshen up a set of tired seats or custom your own. Even logos can be added.

I plan to take no more than a $25-$50 markup for forum members.

You can take a tour and actually "build" your own seats at Katzkin Leather Interiors

If you have any questions you can PM me.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:58 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Katzkin Leather Seat Covers

These are great covers. I've had them on other cars.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:32 PM

Could we have a little more info and maybe a picture of a base model with them installed to see fit and finish. I have seen these katzkins before and they are nice, but with the design of the seat in the base, I think it would be difficult to get something to lay correctly and would like to see. Also, some pricing for the base set would be nice since it is established, I realize there are many options, but a ballpark would be nice just so people have some sort of an idea where to start. Thanks Karl.

John

Old 08-20-2009, 02:24 PM

They did not have any pictures, however they are a direct replacement for the standard seat covers and headrest. They should lay just as flat as the originals.

There is the following statement added to the base covers "A DOUBLE ARROW PLASTIC EXTRUSION MUST BE REMOVED FROM FB CLOTH & SEWN ON THE KIT"

My base cost for leather surface/vinyl sides all one color with no contrast stitching is $513. I priced another with two colors contrast piping in all leather and that was $714. In each case there will be slightly different costs due to the custom nature of the covers. These are not off the shelf parts. Go through and send me a PM on your design and I can get you a price. Remember these are my costs and do not include my minimal markup or shipping.

I think it is a great way to make a very unique car even more so with a set of custom covers made to YOUR order. Please look at their site and go through the process of "building" your seat covers. It show a graphic representation.

If I see there is enough interest, I will pay the $5000 (minimum) pattern fee for the Limited and SRT models. I tried a cream colored leather with suede inserts and contrast black piping and it looked AWESOME.

Karl

PS Look at their Rawlings leather covers with baseball glove leather and heavy contrast stitching and the Rawlings tag on the seats. They are killer. Saw them at SEMA last year, absolutely gorgeous.

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Could we have a little more info and maybe a picture of a base model with them installed to see fit and finish. I have seen these katzkins before and they are nice, but with the design of the seat in the base, I think it would be difficult to get something to lay correctly and would like to see. Also, some pricing for the base set would be nice since it is established, I realize there are many options, but a ballpark would be nice just so people have some sort of an idea where to start. Thanks Karl.

John

Last edited by SRT SIX; 08-26-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:45 PM

excellent work, thanks for the quick reply.

Any idea what exactly is takes to install these or what exactly this statement entails: "A DOUBLE ARROW PLASTIC EXTRUSION MUST BE REMOVED FROM FB CLOTH & SEWN ON THE KIT"

I would hate to spend $600-$800 on new covers and end up having to pay someone to install them to get them to fit correctly, especially when I just last week got a quote from a high end custom interior shop here in town to do both out the door for $1,000 in premium leather and alcantara.....

I would like very much to see pictures and talk to someone who has done this before I would consider pulling the trigger.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:43 PM

I understand your concerns. Katzkin is the leader out there and have been for years. Because I just got authorized, I don't have pictures for you. Any Crossfires that were done would be by another authorized Katzkin distributor and would most likely not want to send me any pictures of their install.

Would there be costs involved installing them? I would suppose so. I also went to a local with a decent reputation and was quoted $1200 just to replace the smooth leather but use my Alcantara inserts.

I did a top of the line example on the Katzkin dealer website with full glove leather, not just the seating surfaces, with suede inserts and contrast piping. the total came to $1174

As I stated each application will cost differently, because each will essentially be unique.

Bottom line, it is your vehicle and you have to be comfortable with your choices. My goal is to bring quality product to forum members at reasonable prices. Always has been and always will be.

After reading my response, I want to make it clear that I am not berating anyone. I, like most all of you, have a passion for these special cars. If I can make your "permagrin" a little broader, then I am happy.

Thanks to all!

Karl

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
excellent work, thanks for the quick reply.

Any idea what exactly is takes to install these or what exactly this statement entails: "A DOUBLE ARROW PLASTIC EXTRUSION MUST BE REMOVED FROM FB CLOTH & SEWN ON THE KIT"

I would hate to spend $600-$800 on new covers and end up having to pay someone to install them to get them to fit correctly, especially when I just last week got a quote from a high end custom interior shop here in town to do both out the door for $1,000 in premium leather and alcantara.....

I would like very much to see pictures and talk to someone who has done this before I would consider pulling the trigger.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:18 PM

OK, I am officially freaking out!!!

Just got my dealer kit by FedEx. Katzkin is the exclusive aftermarket supplier to Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, all GM cars, Rawlings and Foose (yeah the Overhaulin' guy) In addition they have full programs for Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, Kia and many more. They have specific trim kits for big trucks, hybrids, you name it they seem to have it. Just about every option you can think of from heated cores to LiquiCell pressure reducing comfort covers.

I am not limited to the Crossfire (though that is my primary concern) If you have a vehicle you want a custom interior for, Katzkin probably has them.

They have been around since 1983 and are the leading supplier of aftermarket leather seating for vehicles.

Visit their site or PM me for details.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:54 PM

Please check out the custom seat configurator at | KATZKIN SEAT COLOR SELECTOR |

The seat shown is generic, but you will get a good idea.

here are some sample pics (The Rawlings cover is claimed to even smell like a baseball glove)

Sorry I could not find any with the Crossfire. As you can see they completely replace the OEM covers and look factory stock other than the fact you can almost infinitely choose your options.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:15 PM

Here is a video of the installation on a Ford F150 Super Cab. Obviously a lot more work than our cars.

How to Install Katzkin Leather Video ? 5min.com

Old 07-16-2010, 03:42 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whatever happened to the magic seat gel?

Old 07-16-2010, 03:44 AM

I bought a sample. Not impressed. The "material" was about 1/8" thick and I could not discern the difference between it and plain.

Originally Posted by cszkalak
Whatever happened to the magic seat gel?

Old 11-17-2010, 08:00 PM

hello there.. thank you for this post.. i have been looking for katzkin dealers because i am a fan of custom leather seat covers and i have been thinking of having more sets made... do you have any pictures or samples that we can maybe look at? thanks

Old 11-17-2010, 09:25 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by charlierickman
hello there.. thank you for this post.. i have been looking for katzkin dealers because i am a fan of custom leather seat covers and i have been thinking of having more sets made... do you have any pictures or samples that we can maybe look at? thanks
I don't think Karl ever became a dealer....but, I am sure he will chime in soon...

Old 11-17-2010, 09:42 PM

oh alright. thanks anyway!

Old 11-17-2010, 10:31 PM

Sorry, but as you can see by the lack of interest in the posts, there just was no way I could maintain my dealership.

They make a great product and I suggest you visit their site and get a local referral.

Thanks for the inquiry,

Karl

Originally Posted by charlierickman

Old 11-17-2010, 10:53 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SRT SIX
Please look at their site and go through the process of "building" your seat covers. It shows a graphic representation.
It doesn't list the XFire as a choice. 300 is the only Chrysler.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:54 AM

Old 11-18-2010, 04:59 AM

They only offered custom leather seat covers for the base models (they came stock with cloth). I tried to see if there was enough interest to expand to the Limited and SRT6s but Katzkin wanted a $5K up front investment. Demand here did not warrant it.

Originally Posted by Joliet John
It doesn't list the XFire as a choice. 300 is the only Chrysler.