Crossfire Awards and Trophies Post a photo of an award or trophy won with your Crossfire

Mopar Show

Old 09-15-2013, 10:39 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Mopar Show

Just got back from the Mopar Muscle of Northeast Pa car show and have mixed feelings. It was a nicely run and well attended show and I was in a class that included 3 Vipers,3 Crossfires as well as other assorted SRT's and anything considered Special Interest. As luck would have it, I took 1st place but I felt bad for a friend of mine who also has a Crossfire. He has a black base which he has done a very nice job of dressing up, including custom grill, blacked out head and tail lights, a cat back exhaust, carbon fiber interior, cold air intake, etc. He did not receive recognition while another Crossfire [Aero blue Limited] took a 3rd. It was bone stock wasn't even clean, engine bay was dirty and the owner thought it was a V-12. Upon questioning his listing it as a V-12 on info sheet, he said it has 12 plugs, one for each cylinder. This was the same YoYo who said he cold blow the doors off my modded SRT6. Any way, I think they got mixed up and gave the award to the wrong car. In pic the award I won is the 3rd from right.

Last edited by JEFASOLD; 03-30-2014 at 11:37 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Mopar Show

Good work.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wait, i dont have a v12?

Old 09-16-2013, 01:05 PM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
Just got back from the Mopar Muscle of Northeast Pa car show and have mixed feelings. It was a nicely run and well attended show and I was in a class that included 3 Vipers,3 Crossfires as well as other assorted SRT's and anything considered Special Interest. As luck would have it, I took 1st place but I felt bad for a friend of mine who also has a Crossfire. He has a black base which he has done a very nice job of dressing up, including custom grill, blacked out head and tail lights, a cat back exhaust, carbon fiber interior, cold air intake, etc. He did not receive recognition while another Crossfire [Aero blue Limited] took a 3rd. It was bone stock wasn't even clean, engine bay was dirty and the owner thought it was a V-12. Upon questioning his listing it as a V-12 on info sheet, he said it has 12 plugs, one for each cylinder. This was the same YoYo who said he cold blow the doors off my modded SRT6. Any way, I think they got mixed up and gave the award to the wrong car. In pic the award I won is the 3rd from right.

Nice.

Don't feel bad. Judging is arbitrary at all shows. I doubt the aero blue won 3rd because it's a V12........ They might have just liked the color.

As far as bone stock vs modded, arbitrary is in the eye of the beholder. Some don't like modded cars and like stock and vice versa. Mine is pretty much stock (except for Euro charging which can't be seen but it is a VERY clean car. I won top 30 at the Moparpalloza event this year and while mine is an exceptional car, I think the judge liked an exceptional stock / clean car over some of the other worthy modded cars.

I don't go for awards, I just go to be with car lovers, friends, to check out other fantastic rides for ideas and if I happen to pick up something, all the better.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by PNA
Nice.

Don't feel bad. Judging is arbitrary at all shows. I doubt the aero blue won 3rd because it's a V12........ They might have just liked the color.

As far as bone stock vs modded, arbitrary is in the eye of the beholder. Some don't like modded cars and like stock and vice versa. Mine is pretty much stock (except for Euro charging which can't be seen but it is a VERY clean car. I won top 30 at the Moparpalloza event this year and while mine is an exceptional car, I think the judge liked an exceptional stock / clean car over some of the other worthy modded cars.

I don't go for awards, I just go to be with car lovers, friends, to check out other fantastic rides for ideas and if I happen to pick up something, all the better.
I agree with you on all counts and wouldn't have felt this way if the Aero Blue car was clean but he didn't even wash and wax the car and the engine bay was "dirty" as in never having been cleaned. I would have been embarrassed to allow my car to get that dirty. Awards are secondary in my mind also, I pick my shows to attend based on the charity it benefits.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:03 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by rayth
wait, i dont have a v12?
I have been asked several times at car shows where I got that tiny V12, and how hard was it to install .......

Old 09-17-2013, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
I have been asked several times at car shows where I got that tiny V12, and how hard was it to install .......
That's one I haven't been asked but I get a lot of "How the hell do you change plugs on this thing?". The funny thing is that the gentleman I refer to about his V-12 really doesn't have a clue about the car, he puts the key in and drives it, as long as it doesn't break, he's good. Maybe he's smarter than we are, he doesn't care what it looks like, he's just having fun.