Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Superfuel anyone?

Old 05-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Superfuel anyone?

...probably not at $20 a gallon!

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...156181,00.html

Old 05-12-2006, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Superfuel anyone?

Wow, that is so crazy Haha... I would wanna try it for one tank...if my dad would let me spend that much on a tank of gas Haha...

Last edited by CrossyLover; 05-12-2006 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for ours cars it won't make a squat of difference... the computer would just not allow the kind of timing required to make a difference with it in the tank...

for your local daily driven 500 hp evo... thats what would be in his tank on race days.

we fill my neighbors SRT-4 up with 102 sunoco race gas which is sold near the George Washington Bridge on the way in to New York City before we head out to the track so that we can run a tad more boost before it starts pinging... our SRT-4 does not need it yet no matter if its a track day or not...

Old 05-12-2006, 11:25 PM

Shell used to sell 107 octane leaded racing fuel for $8 a gallon around here... I always wondered if it would only screw up the cat and O2 sensors, or would it cause more extensive damage?

Old 05-13-2006, 12:18 AM
Forum Regular

o2 sensor would clog causing the air to fuel mixture to go to hell ... the bad part is o2 sensor going bad through burning out naturally over time is not as bad cause it naturally skews the reading to a lean mixture (voltage skews downward) so the car just runs rich till you fix it... but with a clogged up sensor its voltage readings are not skewed and it sees less o2 flow so it actually leans the mixture out... so yea, you can blow the engine up if it clogs up bad and you do not replace it in time...

Old 05-13-2006, 12:37 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Save your money and make it yourself for track days. We call this "Rocket Fuel".

These are based on LA prices

10 gallons of 91 octane @ $3.45
1 gallon of Toluene, 115 octane @ $6.50
1 gallon of Xylene, 112 octane @ $6.50
1 gallon of Klotz Coxoc, oxygenator @ $22.00

Final octane level is somewhere in the range of 102 and only costs you $5.34 a gallon.

With an OEM ECU, you run the risk of the timing being retarded to offset the fuel, but it works great with ECU maps that advance the timing. Especially good for forced induction engines.

Old 05-13-2006, 03:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HDDP
Save your money and make it yourself for track days. We call this "Rocket Fuel".

These are based on LA prices

10 gallons of 91 octane @ $3.45
1 gallon of Toluene, 115 octane @ $6.50
1 gallon of Xylene, 112 octane @ $6.50
1 gallon of Klotz Coxoc, oxygenator @ $22.00

Final octane level is somewhere in the range of 102 and only costs you $5.34 a gallon.

With an OEM ECU, you run the risk of the timing being retarded to offset the fuel, but it works great with ECU maps that advance the timing. Especially good for forced induction engines.
Apart from the fact that its not available near me, I wasn't seriously going to try it. There really is no point when the stock motor is mapped to run on 95 octane. Like you say it's the forced induction guys who will really benefit.

I'll file that recipe away though for when I start looking at engine mods. I think the full race M3 that was out on the track last weekend was running something other than plain 95, my eyes were watering when I caught a blast of the exhaust in the paddock!

Old 05-13-2006, 03:35 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by woody
I think the full race M3 that was out on the track last weekend was running something other than plain 95, my eyes were watering when I caught a blast of the exhaust in the paddock!
The burning eyes of "secret" oxygenators in the fuel. Nitro methane and the sort. Really stinks huh ?

Just met with the guy who's going to build my cage... It's going to be a project to say the least... I have to put the safety fuel cell in first because he can't build the cage before the old tank is removed.

Old 05-14-2006, 01:12 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HDDP
Just met with the guy who's going to build my cage... It's going to be a project to say the least... I have to put the safety fuel cell in first because he can't build the cage before the old tank is removed.
How much weight is that cage going to put back on your Crossfire HDDP?

And now for a short war story - Back in 84/85? I drove the Army's FAV (dune buggies with big guns mounted on top) and our attack cars had a cage, but seems to me the cage was made from steel, and it was formed as in square tubing of some sorts, it was rear wheel drive with Porsche engine (hopped up VW engines) fitted with headers, it had a seat type harness (look to me like something from an aircraft, had straps that came down over both shoulders, across mid section, and up from between out legs, fastening to a quick release type latch that would pop all the belts loose at once if struck with our hand best I can recall) you would be proud to have it in your car.

Now back to question I started out with - I see on another thread you had achieved a great deal of weight lose by removing a lot of luxury parts from the car, so I was just wondering if you’re backing up with the cage. I do understand the feelings of not pushing the car due to "I am going to die without a cage" fear factor, but did you feel safer before you stripped the car down in your earlier races? The reason for the war story was with our cages we felt there was nothing that could harm us and we drove like it. hooah

Last edited by FirebaseD; 05-14-2006 at 01:15 AM.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:12 AM
Forum Regular

^ that's the shiat. you drove those things like nothing could harm you ? oh man i could figure out a dozen ways to get cremated in one of those... stray bullets... rocks that can go between the cage... no wonder they say marines are nut cases. :P

Old 05-14-2006, 09:29 AM

Check out this stuff,unleaded racing fuel.
www.rocketbrand.com

Last edited by srtbeem; 05-16-2006 at 08:13 AM.