Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

I Don't Fit!

Old 05-25-2006, 06:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Don't Fit!

I'm all of 5' 7" tall -- 5' 7.5" actually, but it seems to short guy sensitive to include the half inch -- and I really do not fit into a Crossfire coupe.

I did my second test drive yesterday, an automatic this time (much more responsive than I expected). When I have the seat bottom where I want it -- right distance to pedals and steering -- I simply cannot angle the seatback angle to give a comfortable position. As I angle the seat rearward it contacts the bulkhead. OK, slide the seat forward enough to achieve the seatback angle I want. Oops, now my knees are up in the bolster and the pedals are way too close, uncomfortably so.

I'm no low-rider teenager who drives lying on my back; my desired angle is easily in the normal range.

I'd hate to have to pass on a fine car because of this, but if you don't fit you don't fit!

What's a boy to do???

Old 05-25-2006, 07:11 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: I Don't Fit!

That's a new one on me, I guess. I am 5'8" with my hair puffed up and I have the seat moved about 1 1/2" from the bulkhead, and I really have to clutch with my left toe. I could move closer, and I have and still be comfortable, but then I have to move the seat back to exit with the top up...so I've compromised with seating position. The longest drive I've taken this far was just over three hours, and I felt pretty comfortable in the car...which is a Roadster, as you've guessed. I haven't tried a coupe. I really liked the coupe when it appeared in my area...and chewed on it quite seriously...but I wasn't convinced. The Roadster did it...I never lusted after anything but my wife the way I lusted after a Roadster. Still, the three units (four?), Coupe, Roadster, SRT6, make an awesome site when arranged in a group.

Back on topic...my friend from Brazil, at 6'6" was okay in my car...not exactly comfortable, but he had no trouble driving her around.

Old 05-25-2006, 07:13 PM

Hmmm, I'm 6'1" 215 and i fit fine in mine.

I'm pushin forty myself, so no spring chicken either, perhaps spending some more time with the adjustments? I have a tough time thinking that my 5'6" wife can get comfortable in the driver's seat and you can't seem to find the spot.

Otherwise no help here.

-C&J

Old 05-25-2006, 07:16 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

i'm 5' 7" and i feel this is the perfect height for this car. your knees aren't hitting the underside of the dash... and you're not sitting completely straight up in the seat.

Old 05-25-2006, 07:19 PM

I have a similar problem but I'm 5'11" or 6'. (My height depends on how tired I am) My wife is 5'4". Since it's her car, she sets the seat to suit her. When I get in it, I have to set the seat back and down. After I get it going, it takes me a mile or two to get it adjusted properly. It's a case of trial and error.

Sometimes, I even adjust the steering wheel. All the gyrations are worth it, because it is a good riding car.

Some of the members are over 6' and they seem to be able to get the seat adjusted to them.

John

Old 05-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Forum Regular

Are you sure the seat is all the way in the down position? I have to have mine in the high position because I am so short. If I don't, I feel like I am sitting in a bucket...with the seat raised up to the highest position and forward a LOT, I am comfortable...

Old 05-25-2006, 07:29 PM

A hair under 6' and just fit...

Old 05-25-2006, 07:41 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by markr6754
Back on topic...my friend from Brazil, at 6'6" was okay in my car...not exactly comfortable, but he had no trouble driving her around.
Mark as we all know, the roadster has more head room than the coupe, (even when the top is up) but I do think your 6' 6" friend would have found a coupe a challenge.
As CrossnJag pointed out, all RGvivace should have to do is spend a little more time with seat adjuster. I sat in several Crossfires and couldn't get comfortable, before a salesman at the dealer where I picked my car up showed me the "trick". I'm 6' 2" and 205 lbs (this week) and I find it easier to get in and out of than my Viper coupe. But that's one reason I have no plans in lowering my XF no matter how good it looks. Longest trip was 9 hrs. bringing my car home on it's maiden voyage, and I drove straight thru with no complaints.

Old 05-25-2006, 07:41 PM

6' 4" here, perfect fit in the roadster, don't fit in the coupe (headroom).

Old 05-25-2006, 07:51 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

5' 8" here and no problems at all. Though I do find it tricky to get the seat back to the way I like it after having the car serviced.

Old 05-25-2006, 07:58 PM

6'1" no problem. What are you driving now. It may just be a matter of what you are use to.

Old 05-25-2006, 08:41 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm 5'9" and don't have the seat all the way back. I guess how far you like the seat reclined is personal preference. I see these kids today with the seat laid all the way back and they have to pull themselves up by the steering wheel to see over the dash...makes no sense to me.

Old 05-25-2006, 09:12 PM
Forum Regular
Lightbulb Re: I Don't Fit!

I'm 5'6" and stocky and I have NO problem with my car. Actually, its pretty comfortable now, but when I first got it I too had a problem with my knees hitting the airbags under the steering wheel. Hang in there, take your time and adjust everything a little and you'll get it.

Old 05-25-2006, 09:55 PM

5' 7" and it took me 3 months to find the sweet spot, now i'm not touchin anything. ;-p

Old 05-26-2006, 12:17 AM
Forum Regular

I'm 6'-1" and tried several coupes before I found one with a good fit. The base model seats don't make it. My limited coupe gives me plenty of head and leg room, although the seat position is all the way down and back. It's a very comfortable fit for me. More room than the Boxter.

Old 05-26-2006, 12:23 AM

Dude what are you talking about ?!? I'm 5'8" and think the car was built for me. The best part about it is my business partner, Bryan, is 6'5" over 300 lbs. and he can't drive it! He no longer can borrow my car! It's great.!

Old 05-26-2006, 01:12 AM

I am 5' 2" and my wife is 5'11" and I fit both my Xfire and my wife just fine.

Old 05-26-2006, 01:21 AM
Forum Regular
Smile Re: I Don't Fit!

I am about 5'8" and 145 Lbs.. My biggest problem is I can be quite stiff and find it hard to get in and out of as a driver. Sometimes I hit my lower back on the seat side bolster getting in. That can hurt if you do it too many times getting in and out during the day. I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

I do crank up the seat height all the way up. (Maybe I miss the chair height position of my PT Cruiser.) I find it more comfortable. I also move the seat forward enough so that I have a slight bend in my knee and my foot comfortably rest against the dead petal area.

As you can see from my avatar I wear hats everyday. A bald man has to take care of his head. Besides hats give a man that bit more dash. I joked with the dealer that if I couldn't wear my hat in the car it was a deal-killer. Yes! I can and do wear my hat comfortably in the car. I can even get in and out without bumping it. We'll see how I do in cool weather. Most of my felts are buckaroo styles with tall crowns.

By the by, I have fashioned a simple little hat hook between the seats. It's held up by the umbrella hooks. I'll post a "how to" soon with pictures. I know the lack of a hat hook has been a huge worry and problem for many of the men on this board.

I have a work buddy that wears size 14 shoes. He's a big tall fella. His big problem is getting past the lower part of the door and door sills. None the less he folds himself up somehow and we go to lunch in the Crossfire occasionally.

Cheers,
Steve

Old 05-26-2006, 04:01 AM

i'm 6' and 300 pounds and i have no problems in my car.

Old 05-26-2006, 08:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

5'10" and its perfect. how old are you, if i may ask?

Quick Reply: I Don't Fit!