Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Where can I get the engine cover from mercedes benz that bolts right onto our motor?

Old 06-21-2006, 11:51 PM
Received 77 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Where can I get the engine cover from mercedes benz that bolts right onto our motor?

I saw a pic here a couple of days ago where someone took off their stock engine cover and replaced it with the cover from a mercedes benz. man it looked awesome, it was black with like chrome lettering. Anyone know the model and how much this thing is? Thanks

Old 06-22-2006, 12:19 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Where can I get the engine cover from mercedes benz that bolts right onto our motor?

Is this the pic you were referring to?

https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...user/8681/sl/s

Old 06-22-2006, 12:26 AM
Default Re: Where can I get the engine cover from mercedes benz that bolts right onto our mot

Yeah that's it! Its even got a custom intake but what I don't understand is why the intake piping is not going someplace cool. How can that increase power when you're taking in hot air? I want the engine cover though.

Old 06-22-2006, 06:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Where can I get the engine cover from mercedes benz that bolts right onto our motor?

If you're not looking for brand new parts, try Potomac German Auto: http://mbpartsonline.com/ they have some new and many slightly used parts that might fill your needs. If you deal with the Frederick, Maryland operation, ask for Pat Barthalow he's a friend of mine and knows Mercedes like the back of his hand. The 320 is used in a lot of Benzs, and the covers should be readily available.

Old 06-22-2006, 10:28 AM
Default Re: Where can I get the engine cover from mercedes benz that bolts right onto our mot

So that cover is indeed in a crossfire then right? If so consider it purchased. Is that from an E class. How do I ask for the cover. thanks again. I wonder how he attached it?

Old 06-22-2006, 10:47 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Where can I get the engine cover from mercedes benz that bolts right onto our motor?

The cover is from an MB e500, as told to me by the owner, the whole set up cost about $275.00. The cover $165.00 and the piping & filters about $110.00.

Old 06-22-2006, 12:06 PM

dan definitely interested can you email me some pics to fxmaster@optonline.net

So you have the same setup with those chrome intakes and all? I'm a bit confused sorry.

CrossfireLTD, how did you install it, could you help me out with some details? Thanks

Old 06-22-2006, 12:33 PM
Banned
Default Re: Where can I get the engine cover from mercedes benz that bolts right onto our motor?

That's my car and yes it is easily bolted up. It just snaps in place in the old position but the front has to be modified. Anyway, the intake in that pic is more for looks then anything, it sounds different but nothing too performance oriented was felt. The good news is the same piping works for the stock airbox, but with a reducer added to the beginning. I'm gonna try and put together an all piping intake without the box and see what that does. The reason the filters are where they are is because of the lack of space to put them anywhere else. I'll try to fab up a box or something to see what works. I'll keep everyone posted. And if anyone is interested in buying the piping for the stock airbox or e500 one let me know.

Old 06-22-2006, 01:36 PM

Stallion I'm definitely interested but confused about how I would install this stuff. Could you PM me instructions? what exactly is involved. I think it looks cool as hell.

Old 06-22-2006, 01:45 PM

I have the SLK320 Airbox with the piping and green air filters installed. Let me know if you're interested.

Old 06-22-2006, 01:48 PM

LOL. Why is everybody selling? Do I have something on my back? LOL. I'm confused as to how to even install this. Not mechanical, I know how to drive well though.

Old 06-22-2006, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by MAYAman
LOL. Why is everybody selling? Do I have something on my back? LOL. I'm confused as to how to even install this. Not mechanical, I know how to drive well though.
I designed my own CAI system for my SLK320 and have my stock airbox hanging in my garage. It still has the green air filters installed. As for installation... it takes about 90 seconds. pull up firmly on the stock airbox to detach the rubber friction attach points and remove the airbox from the MAF fitting. Then reverse that to install the MB airbox.

Old 06-22-2006, 07:49 PM

I got mine off ebay for $80. I was told it was for a V6 2001-04 C240/C320. Only had to modify the intake tubes to make it work. I also painted it to make it a little different...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Crossfire Mer airbox.JPG (160.9 KB, 102 views)
Old 06-22-2006, 08:00 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by MAYAman
dan definitely interested can you email me some pics to fxmaster@optonline.net
~ MAYAman... dan paid $150 for this used and is now he's trying to gouge you for $350... that's dan. (see his post below)...

Originally Posted by Dan Root
09-14-2005, 08:41 PM.

I just put on a larger V-8 intake Benz box. It fits perfect and does add good response!!! I paid $150 with K&N filters. Try a junk yard! All 3.2 and V-8's are the same!

Old 06-22-2006, 08:01 PM

are the diameters of the tubing the same or larger?

Old 06-22-2006, 08:14 PM

Oops...you're right. I had to make two modifications. One was to cut the original Factory Xfire tubes shorter and the second was to use adapters to mate up to the new intake. The Mercedes intake uses larger tubes from the factory.

Old 06-22-2006, 08:39 PM

if its larger why didn't you continue it the same diameter you would of gained more power.

Old 06-22-2006, 09:50 PM
Banned

The V8 airbox is 3" diameter tubing nad the rest of the box has marginally more volume. everything else just bolts up. Just looking at the filters for the V^ and V* will show the significant difference in volume. As far as the pipes they come set up in the right lengths and bends and require you to just clamp onto the end of the intake tube. Took me all day the first time, 5 mins the second.

Old 06-23-2006, 10:48 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because I purchased at a great buy with K&Ns I may not have Xfire much longer ! Never mind it's not for sale. Guys find your own air box. Ok

Old 06-23-2006, 11:01 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Re: Where can I get the engine cover from mercedes benz that bolts right onto our mot

Originally Posted by andrew
~ MAYAman... dan paid $150 for this used and is now he's trying to gouge you for $350... that's dan. (see his post below)...
This is an A-H*** at work ! (Andrew) What difference does it make how much I paid for it!!! You sell decals for 35 bucks do they cost you more than $3!!!

Quick Reply: Where can I get the engine cover from mercedes benz that bolts right onto our motor?