CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Crossfire Showing Off (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/11848-crossfire-showing-off.html)

Cyril Baldwin 08-21-2006 11:20 PM

Crossfire Showing Off

I just saw this while browsing the net.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX30M...elated&search=

andrew 08-21-2006 11:26 PM

Re: Crossfire Showing Off

what an idiot... that clutch will last about 20k tops... some poor driving skills. ;)

22blk05xfire 08-22-2006 12:07 AM

well thanks andrew that is me. it is very tough to get this car to burn rubber or even do a standing donut.

Blade 08-22-2006 12:18 AM

Didn't see that coming.

fuzz 40 08-22-2006 12:44 AM

Put the rear wing down to reduce down force on the rear tires. :) Questions for you, is the car stick or auto, summer tires or winter, and traction control on or off.

+fireamx 08-22-2006 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by fuzz 40
Questions for you, is the car stick or auto...

fuzz 40, I believe his car is a "Base" and that would make it a 6 spd.
Mike

fuzz 40 08-22-2006 03:44 AM

Good call, I didn't even think to look again at the car to see if it was a base or not.

former NXMX5 08-22-2006 08:26 AM

the car won’t do burnouts, even if the traction control is disabled. sideways motion is clipped by the ESP. it should let you do a standing burnouts though. start practicing --

HDDP 08-22-2006 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by andrew
what an idiot... that clutch will last about 20k tops... some poor driving skills. ;)

Originally Posted by 22blk05xfire
well thanks andrew that is me.

Now that's funny. :p

Thirteendog 08-22-2006 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by fuzz 40
Put the rear wing down to reduce down force on the rear tires. :) Questions for you, is the car stick or auto, summer tires or winter, and traction control on or off.

rear wing comes up automatically when you lose traction.

by the way what the hell was he trying to do?

+fireamx 08-22-2006 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
rear wing comes up automatically when you lose traction.

by the way what the hell was he trying to do?

13dog, I don't know what the current slang term is for it, but us old timers used to call em "donuts" (that is if you do a complete 360). Maybe he was just shooting for a 180.
formerNXMX5 is correct, our "big brother" ESP is always looking over our shoulder to keep us on the straight and narrow.
With a short wheel base, nose heavy, high performance car such as ours, it should be able to do "donuts" with ease. Maybe they are immature, a little hard on the car, and dangerous (if performed in the wrong place at the wrong time). But at least he chose a deserted parking lot (like the Mustang ad promotes) and they can be alot of fun.
My AMX does it with ease, and I have to admit, it’s only been a few years since my last one. (sorry Andrew) ;)...Boyz will be boyz no matter how old we get, and besides, what's the sense in having a "muscle car" if you can't get a little "crazy" every now and then?

upstate 08-22-2006 09:47 AM

For you guys that are complaining that you can't spin the tires, truth is if you’re spinning the tires you’re losing the race.

+fireamx 08-22-2006 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by upstate
For you guys that are complaining that you can't spin the tires, truth is if you’re spinning the tires you’re losing the race.

upstate that's almost always true at the drags (unless your engine bogs when you hook up). But tire smoke is always impressive when showing off.
I guess we can thank NASCAR drivers and their "winners circle donuts" for bringing back the popularity of 360's.

bollox 08-22-2006 10:52 AM

Looks like a woman driver to me - none of them can park proper.

golfdude 08-22-2006 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
With a short wheel base, nose heavy, high performance car such as ours

Nose heavy? I thought the Crossfire was precisely 50/50 front/rear weight distribution??? (I'm just curious, I'm not trying to be rude).

I think this car needs much skinnier rubber in the back to do 360's. My opinion is the car gets good rear traction with the meats it has in the back. Heck, Dad's CTS-V has 245's in the back and it's got 400 hp, 395 lb/ft of torque! Nevertheless, I don't like doing 360's, but it's fun seeing others do it.

Cyril Baldwin 08-22-2006 10:15 PM

Maybe he is just learning how to do the raghead drift to avoid the katyusha rockets!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeTGXMgh-qw

andrew 08-22-2006 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Cyril Baldwin
Maybe he is just learning how to do the raghead drift to avoid the katyusha rockets!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeTGXMgh-qw

~ now that's some skill.

+fireamx 08-22-2006 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by golfdude
Nose heavy? I thought the Crossfire was precisely 50/50 front/rear weight distribution??? (I'm just curious, I'm not trying to be rude).

Golfdude, you're probably right. I was going by the published Weight Distribution figures of 54% front, to 46% rear. But that is probably "dry weight". With a full tank of gas and 200 or 300lbs of driver and passenger sitting in it, it very well could be 50/50. Thanks for making me do the math. :) If you haven't noticed, I make mistakes all the time, and I'm always glad when somebody sets me straight. Who wants to be perfect anyways? (Then everybody's just waiting for ya to screw up). ;)
One thing for sure, the Crossfire was designed to not waste anytime "slip sliding" away. That's one reason it goes thru the slalom faster than just about anything else.
Upstates last quote was right on the money.

HDDP 08-22-2006 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by upstate

AND F'ING UP YOUR CAR, You should be practicing how to take a 60 degree turn at 120 MPH without killing yourself or anybody else... NEVER MIND... I TAKE THAT BACK....

Originally Posted by 22blk05xfire
well thanks andrew that is me. it is very tough to get this car to burn rubber or even do a standing donut.

You're 22 and trying to do doghnuts in the parking lot of a CORT furniture... IN A CROSSFIRE ! There's no saving you now !!! LOL

HDDP 08-22-2006 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by andrew
~ now that's some skill.

Now I can understand why they can strap a bomb to their back and walk into a school...