Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Let me get something straight...

Old 10-24-2006, 05:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let me get something straight...

Many of you own but do not like your Crossfires? I'm new here and I seem to be getting that vibe from a few of you. Those of you who seem to feel this way are angry because of what exactly?

1) You don't think the car is worth much?

2) They aren't selling off the lots like the 300?

What else?

Old 10-24-2006, 06:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Let me get something straight...

What makes you think MANY of us don't like our Crossfires? I don't get that from this forum. There are a few that may not like the Crossfire but to me it seems most us like them.

Old 10-24-2006, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by dontlietokids.net
Many of you own but do not like your Crossfires? I'm new here and I seem to be getting that vibe from a few of you. Those of you who seem to feel this way are angry because of what exactly?

1) You don't think the car is worth much?

2) They aren't selling off the lots like the 300?

What else?
No, I think most people like it. I do but I've had it for a while and I'm just tired of it. I'm scared of having a flat without a spare. The car just isn't spectacular enough to keep wowing me. I did tire of it quickly (2 years) but I think it is an OK car. If I survive my property taxes and income taxes I believe my xfire will become a Vette in the spring!

Old 10-24-2006, 07:09 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wayne1992
No, I think most people like it. I do I think it is an OK car. If I survive my property taxes and income taxes I believe my xfire will become a Vette in the spring!
I have to agree with Wayne, and Tony. I can only think of about 1/2 a dozen forum member, give or take, (who post on a regular basis) that have "issues" with their Crossfires. Even people who have had their cars "Lemon Lawed" turn right around and get another one. To me, that fact alone points out what a hypnotic effect this car seems to have on its owners.
What I'm more interested in finding out, is what are the ingredients of the "Magic Potion" Wayne knows about, that will turn his Crossfire into a Vette over the winter.

Old 10-24-2006, 07:12 PM
Forum Regular

Love mine...no regrets!

Old 10-24-2006, 07:18 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I love mine. The gripe seems to be lack of aftermarket support choices.
Well there is stuff but it is expensive and not a lot of gain in the HP department.
I would have liked to get the str6 version but I couldn't afford it.
It is my favorite car to drive!!

Old 10-24-2006, 07:19 PM
Forum Regular

I've had 2 Vettes and you know what, I'll keep the Crossfire. The quality of materials and the quality of build is far superior in the Crossfire. Raw power off the line and muscle in general, the Vettes got it. But I don't care to see myself coming and going. Vettes are a dime a dozen here (including Z06's) same goes for the new Mustangs including Roush Mustangs and Saleens. No thanks I'm thrilled with what I've got and for alot less money too (and I didn't steal it recently but nor did I pay opening day prices).

Old 10-24-2006, 07:35 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Let me get something straight..

I love my SRT just as much today as I did when I first drove it home. I agree with STRYFOX about the lack of aftermarket parts and the expense of the ones that are available. I think this is a big gripe with alot of owners. I'm thrilled that my SRT will be a one year only production car. I've owned it for almost 9 months and I have 4,500 miles of pure driving pleasure. I'd love to do the chip and pulley on mine, but for 3k+ I just can't justify the expense at this time. Maybe in a year or so.

Old 10-24-2006, 07:45 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Let me get something straight..

I've had my SRT6 since May... LOVE IT! Only just recently broke 5,500 miles on it.

There are some here who have had warranty issues and some bad luck with the car in general. (lemon lawed, blowing tires, etc).

I had the opportunity to test drive a Mustang SVT a few years ago, before the new body style came out (they finally got it right), but it wasn't 'all that'.

I'd have to say my SRT6 kicks me in the pants much better than the SVT did.

Note: I also have the cargo cover installed. I was surprised it was not 'standard' equipment.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:18 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Of the z-28, vette, 280 zx's and 300 zx's and many others I've owned the Crossfire is my favorite. It still stands out in a crowd of cookie cutter cars.
I'm happy.

Pat

Old 10-24-2006, 08:28 PM

You can had me to the "HAPPY LIST" side! I love the car but you can never please everyone!

Enough said!

Regards.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:28 PM

I have owned several beautiful cars in my life, the last one being a Nissan 350Z. There is just something about the look of this car that makes it unique. Just isn't anything else like it out there. I have the same usual aftermarket gripes, but the bottom line is I like it just the way it is.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:30 PM
Forum Regular

For $20,000, you can't beat it for pure driving pleasure. Sure, a Civic might be more "trouble free" but not nearly as fun to drive or to look at.

Another thing, on a forum it is easy to complain, thats what it is for, to help solve problems. I am happy however that lately there have been several "happy" threads about how great these cars are.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brhertel
For $20,000, you can't beat it for pure driving pleasure. Sure, a Civic might be more "trouble free" but not nearly as fun to drive or to look at.

Another thing, on a forum it is easy to complain, thats what it is for, to help solve problems. I am happy however that lately there have been several "happy" threads about how great these cars are.
Couldn't agree more.

Love the Styling.
Love the Heritage.
Love the Exclusivity.
Hate the Aftermarket.

All in all I don't know of a car I would of got over the SRT even if i bought it for the MSRP...

Old 10-24-2006, 08:47 PM

OK, here is how much I LOVE my car. Saw one in a parking lot, came home called the nearest dealer, asked if they had an Alabaster color in stock. They did! I told them to get it detailed I wanted it.

Got to the lot, it was ready, paid for it, and the salesman asked if I wanted to test drive it. Said no Thanks, just loved the look and wanted the car. On the way home, I noticed I was going kinda fast (97) mph...kept the grin on my face, and slowed down the rest of the way home, and LOVE it as much today as I did the day I bought it!

It's a 2004 with 20,000 miles, looks just as great today, as it did the day I grinned all the way home with it. And no problems with it!

Cruiser

Old 10-24-2006, 08:59 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by buggy4crossfires
I've had 2 Vettes and you know what, I'll keep the Crossfire. The quality of materials and the quality of build is far superior in the Crossfire. Raw power off the line and muscle in general, the Vettes got it. But I don't care to see myself coming and going. Vettes are a dime a dozen here (including Z06's) same goes for the new Mustangs including Roush Mustangs and Saleens. No thanks I'm thrilled with what I've got and for alot less money too (and I didn't steal it recently but nor did I pay opening day prices).
Ditto...

Old 10-24-2006, 09:07 PM

As Cruiser said, I've had her since July '03 and other than a few minor issues, have had no problems and lots of fun.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:56 PM

Ok, I guess I've been clicking on the wrong posts. I am still interested in hearing what the gripes are. I get the aftermarket one, what else? I mean lemon law happens with any and every car on occasion. That's why there's a lemon law.

Old 10-24-2006, 10:13 PM
Forum Regular

Love it as much today as the day I drove it off the dealer's lot. Maybe even more.

Old 10-24-2006, 10:14 PM

Luv my crossfire, will keep it to its end. Do wish like everyone else on aftermarket choices.

Quick Reply: Let me get something straight...