Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

apparently my car is now a parts donor...

Old 11-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Angry apparently my car is now a parts donor...

WTF...

i stopped by the dealer to see what was going on with my crossfire... 3 weeks at the dealer as of today. a couple parts still on order.

after walking back to my car in the shop...i noticed my hood was popped... which seemed strange considering there was no work to be done under the hood. i opened the hood and noticed the entire engine cover was missing. after looking around... the cover was on the mechanics bench. the cover was broken/cracked on the front edge... and the k&n filters were sitting on top of the cover with the filter housings. i asked the mechanic why the cover was taken off my crossfire... his response... "another crossfire was in for service on friday as a 'waiter' in the lobby... and a new cover wasn't in stock (parts dept) or available from a dealer owned crossfire (new or used)... so the service advisor told the mechanic working on the other crossfire to take mine... and they would order a new replacement for my car". WTF.

i was pissed... what else did the dealer borrow from my car??

i confronted the new service manager... and he claimed he wasn't aware of this and felt it wasn't right. he was going to look into the matter and call me tomorrow.

the complete service nightmare from the beginning:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=12069

Old 11-06-2006, 09:09 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Re: apparently my car is now a parts donor...

I think they call that stealing, Call the cops.
No wonder they call it a Stealership !!!

Old 11-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: apparently my car is now a parts donor...

I would have immediately in front of the service advisor phoned the police and reported the robbery. If not grand larceny its minimally petty larceny. They have no right to do anything to your car other than what you authorized. Perhaps even vandalism would be in order. I can't believe a dealer would do that. Its one thing to take things off their own property for a repair but to remove it from a customers car is without question criminal. Additionally I would call every "News" outlet in the area and report what they did. I'm furious and its not even my car!

Old 11-06-2006, 09:21 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I can’t believe they would do that. It's not only criminal, but unethical. I wonder how DC would feel about their dealership conducting business like that. Push them, and push them hard.

Old 11-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I would have to agree. That is theft pure and simple. They were not authorized to take that part from your car and give it to another customer. Regardless of whether they ordered you another one or not.

Also, what's taking them over three weeks to fix for crying out loud?

Definetely get the BBB and some consumer welfare groups involved here.

Old 11-06-2006, 09:25 PM
PJA

"Car dealer" and a reference to "ethics" in the same sentence?

Pete

Old 11-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Andrew,
That's just unbelieveable...is this the dumb and dumber shop? By the way, what is the XF in the shop for, what possibly is taking 3 weeks to fix?

Old 11-06-2006, 10:03 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Sennaspirit
Andrew,
That's just unbelieveable...is this the dumb and dumber shop? By the way, what is the XF in the shop for, what possibly is taking 3 weeks to fix?
~ for a repair... from the prior dealer damage and neglect repair...

the complete service nightmare from the beginning:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=12069

Old 11-06-2006, 10:26 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Andrew, the next time you go into that dealership bring your laptop with this website online and let them know that there are more than 6,000 members who read your comments and being viewed by many potential & now never again customers of their business or DC for that matter...

I'm so sorry to hear this, it just adds fuel to the fire of incompetent Chrysler dealerships in regards to this car. No wonder it has been DC'd... I would be raising one hell of a stink, if I were you !

Old 11-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andrew,

Is there another Dealer in the area? If it was me, I would have that car, put on a tow truck, the kind you have them drive it up on, and get it out of that place.

I can't believe what they have done to you. Wondering what they do to other people's cars!

AND...Since they have had your car sooo long, and using it for "parts" for other people, I think I would go back to them, and TELL them, they better expedite your parts and get your car fixed! I would also make sure others in the dealership waiting for their cars could "HEAR what I was saying to them.

Cruiser

PS...I feel better now venting...on what I would do!

Old 11-06-2006, 11:04 PM
Forum Regular

Oh my gosh Andrew - will the sagas with your car never end?

I have to concur with Buggy4Crossfires that you need to file a report with the local PD - theft, larceny, whatever you can get them to write up. I would also report them to the BBB!! The fact that someone in that dealership told you it was because they could not get parts for someone elses car is complete and utter BS.

I would demand speaking to the GM of that dealership, forget the service manager, and get that car away from them ASAP!!!

I went through some crap with my car but nothing like this - this makes me sooo mad!!!

Old 11-06-2006, 11:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW. that's outrageous. being a fanatic myself, i really feel for you, and hope that someone will do the right thing for you.

this is expressly why i will only go to the dealership to buy a new car. i can't believe some of the stories that have come up on this forum about dealerships.

Old 11-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

That is totally crazy. They have no right to take your part no matter what they were going to replace it with.
Sounds like some really screwed up or the dealer is unethical.
Once again this is one of the reasons I dislike the idea of flat rate.

Old 11-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Forum Regular

Andrew,
I give you credit for not jumping over the counter and grabbing that service advisor! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. As others mentioned, definitely take any action you can. I think the reason that DC is going to fall apart in the near future is because of the structure of service they have. They have forgotten the fundamental principle that the customer comes first and customer satisfaction is the number one goal. Instead, they have chosen to try and lower their costs as much as possible by siding with the dealer on every occasion. They don't have a structure that gives the customer a sense of satisfaction. Well that's enough venting from me. I wish you the best of luck!

Old 11-06-2006, 11:59 PM
Administrator

to top it off the technician who stole my part... approached me and offered to clean and re-oil my k&n filters... i told him not to touch my car... and that the dealer has done enough damage. he then stated, they were going to provide me with a "brand new" engine cover... as if they were doing me the favor.

i'm still floored.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:26 AM
Received 66 Likes on 36 Posts

holy **** that is OUTRAGEOUS! I would have severly gone to town on that guy. Call the police and make a huge stink! Maybe you'll get a new car out of it.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:28 AM
Forum Regular

I don't even have words to explain how mad I would be if that happened. I know this doesn't bring light to your situation, but it is surprising how much this actually happens. I worked at a very high end luxury dealership and I saw similar things happen at least once a month. It's terrible to think that a dealership would have such unethical standards. It's also amazing how much dealers will drive customer cars, even though it is illegal for them to do. Always check your mileage before and after your service. I picked up a car from a dealership once and it had 15 miles on it when it was in for a simple service. It sucks, but the dealerships will suffer in the future.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:28 AM

That absolutely sucks!!! BIG TIME!!!

Doesn't it make us all wonder if that has happened to our car at one time or another??? The things we don't know about...

Old 11-07-2006, 12:55 AM

I would make them regret the day they met me. That is the most unscrupulous business practice I've heard of. This is not a scrap yard. You don't cannibalize a customers vehicle. They would get the most negative publicity I could possibly think of.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:02 AM
Forum Regular

Andrew,
Go to the local news channel. They would love to do a consumer awareness story on that.

Quick Reply: apparently my car is now a parts donor...