Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Why the weather woes?

Old 12-04-2006, 08:31 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Why the weather woes?

Originally Posted by FPMartinez
Oh no...not the 40s.
I know, can you believe it? My teeth will be chattering, my nose will be red, my tushy stays warm while I cruise around topless. I know, must suck to be me!

Old 12-04-2006, 08:36 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharonaln67
I know, can you believe it? My teeth will be chattering, my nose will be red, my tushy stays warm while I cruise around topless. I know, must suck to be me!
LOL, right now we're in the teens, feels pretty cold even for us. No chance to go topless.

Old 12-04-2006, 08:43 PM

I grew up in southeastern Michigan but now live in central Arizona. These threads certainly confirm the wisdom of that relocation, at least from the automotive perspective. No snow, ice, or salt here...

Old 12-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Forum Regular

LOL, right now we're in the teens, feels pretty cold even for us. No chance to go topless.
Bbbrrrrrr!!!
Stay safe and warm!!!
And take care of that baby of yours - the car that is!!!

Old 12-04-2006, 08:52 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by buckeyedad42
Ok so I did pay close to 40k with tax and warranty because I wanted the roadster and it was new at the time. But I have had other roadsters and never drove any of them after the roads were salted her in Ohio. The chrome doesn't pit, the top doesn't get impregnated with salt and it doesn't get dings in the hood from salt being thrown up by cars and salt trucks. Plus I feel like I am violating the car driving it in the crap on the roads and the huge chuckholes we get up here in the winter. When I get it out in the spring it is clean, waxed and ready to go. The only problem I have had is that batteries tend not to last long when not used (i have tried trickle chargers without any success... now i just start it up once a month). There is one financial benefit, I drop the insurance (all but comp) and save 6 months worth of premiums.
Yep, mine is tucked away for the winter. It's the first time I’ve done that, but it's primarily because it's a roadster. If I would have gotten the coupe, I think there's a chance I would have driven it in the winter, at least when it’s not snowing. I happen to have a third car now that my daughter is away at school, so I have that option.

Old 12-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We bought our car primarily for road trips, which I have no intention taking during the winter. Mainly because of the road conditions, salt, rocks, bust most importantly the bone heads who think they can drive in snow but can't. I have had my truck rear ended at least twice by people who couldn't stop. The winter in the Northwest is no place for a car you want to keep nice.

Old 12-04-2006, 10:14 PM
Forum Regular

Yep, mine is tucked away for the winter. It's the first time I’ve done that, but it's primarily because it's a roadster. If I would have gotten the coupe, I think there's a chance I would have driven it in the winter, at least when it’s not snowing. I happen to have a third car now that my daughter is away at school, so I have that option.
We have a few bad storms every now and then...(last week was the first significant snow in several years) so, my roadster will be out and about most of the year. However, I am cautious right now as they sand trucks did a number on many of the side streets. The snow and sand truck came through our street 5 days after the snow storm. By that time, the temps were in the mid 40's and the snow was gone. Now, we have a ton of sandy rocks all over the road.

My daughter is graduating from college in one week! ONE less tuition to pay (son is a junior this year). She never did leave her car at home while in school. Both of my kids attend the U of W, which is only 20 miles from our house. They had to live on campus, however, and pay exorbitant parking fees. Can't be without their "wheels".

Old 12-04-2006, 11:14 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This car is my only car, a daily driver.

Living in South Florida, I am glad I don't have to deal with issues such as snow and salt. During the summer months, we have our share of afternoon torrential downpours which the XF handles without any problem whatsoever.