Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Help!

Old 01-02-2007, 05:54 PM
sis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!

Hi all,

I have been a "lurker" for a while, and now I have a question that I hope someone can answer. My "check engine" light came on today, so I checked the manual and checked all the fluids as well as making sure the gas cap was on right, and all seemed alright. So, I took it in and they said the Air Injection valve was bad and they ordered parts and scheduled me for a week from now and said it would take 2-1/2 hours to replace it. I know very little about cars, but get a little apprehensive about letting the dealership mess with my Crossfire. It's a 2004 and has been wonderful, so I don't want to get it screwed up. Has this happened to anyone and is it a problem to drive it until it is fixed? The dealership said it was o.k., but having read some of your posts I'm not too inclined to believe them. Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Old 01-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Help!

Originally Posted by sis
Hi all,

I have been a "lurker" for a while, and now I have a question that I hope someone can answer. My "check engine" light came on today, so I checked the manual and checked all the fluids as well as making sure the gas cap was on right, and all seemed alright. So, I took it in and they said the Air Injection valve was bad and they ordered parts and scheduled me for a week from now and said it would take 2-1/2 hours to replace it. I know very little about cars, but get a little apprehensive about letting the dealership mess with my Crossfire. It's a 2004 and has been wonderful, so I don't want to get it screwed up. Has this happened to anyone and is it a problem to drive it until it is fixed? The dealership said it was o.k., but having read some of your posts I'm not too inclined to believe them. Thanks for any thoughts on this.
Hi SIS...I had the same thing happen to me. Dealer replaced the "air injection pump"...which is part of emissions...and that solved the problem.
Good Luck...its an easy repair...pump is right up front in the engine.

Old 01-02-2007, 06:09 PM
sis

Originally Posted by BRappaport
Hi SIS....I had the same thing happen to me. Dealer replaced the "air injection pump"...which is part of emissions...and that solved the problem.
Good Luck...its an easy repair...pump is right up front in the engine.
Thanks so much for the quick reply! I knew I could get an answer here. So now I'm off to do some driving without worrying that I'm harming "the baby".

Thanks again!

Old 01-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Forum Regular

yeah, sometimes if you run the gas down to the last mark before "empty", dirty gas in the reserve messes your injectors up. one time, my check engine light came on when i was really low on gas. i went and filled it up with better quality gas, did 120 to burn out the bad gas (not recommending you do this), and then the light went off.