Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Help!

Old 01-02-2007, 05:56 PM
sis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!

Hi all,

I have been a "lurker" for a while, and now I have a question that I hope someone can answer. My "check engine" light came on today, so I checked the manual and checked all the fluids as well as making sure the gas cap was on right, and all seemed alright. So, I took it in and they said the Air Injection valve was bad and they ordered parts and scheduled me for a week from now and said it would take 2-1/2 hours to replace it. I know very little about cars, but get a little apprehensive about letting the dealership mess with my Crossfire. It's a 2004 and has been wonderful, so I don't want to get it screwed up. Has this happened to anyone and is it a problem to drive it until it is fixed? The dealership said it was o.k., but having read some of your posts I'm not too inclined to believe them. Thanks for any thoughts on this .

Old 01-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Help!

Check engine light comes on and spits out a code that is stored in memory in regards to what caused the light to come on. The dealer reads the code and translates it to the malfunctioning part. They order a new part and replace it. Check engine light goes off.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:11 PM
Post Re: Help!

The air injection system is used for emissions, it shoots air prior to the catalyst converter so it helps burn up easier. My car has the check engine light on too and my girlfriend (a mechanic) scanned it and it came up too. We plan on replacing it ourselves as we they say we are out of the 3/36 bumper to bumper warrenty. It's not hard at all, your dealership should be able to handle it. There's a nifty service manual someone has uploaded on this site that you can download and see for yourself what parts are involved and how to replace it.

Old 01-03-2007, 12:00 PM
sis

Originally Posted by Alexander
The air injection system is used for emissions, it shoots air prior to the catalyst converter so it helps burn up easier. My car has the check engine light on too and my girlfriend (a mechanic) scanned it and it came up too. We plan on replacing it ourselves as we they say we are out of the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty. It's not hard at all, your dealership should be able to handle it. There's a nifty service manual someone has uploaded on this site that you can download and see for yourself what parts are involved and how to replace it.
Thanks so much, I'll try to locate it, at least to better understand what and where it is.

Old 01-03-2007, 12:02 PM
sis

Originally Posted by dirtboy
Check engine light comes on and spits out a code that is stored in memory in regards to what caused the light to come on. The dealer reads the code and translates it to the malfunctioning part. They order a new part and replace it. Check engine light goes off.
That, I did know! Thanks everyone for the reply’s!