Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

I did it!!!

Old 02-07-2007, 04:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I did it!!!

Well as you can see by my join date i have been after a XF for some time now. Waited to finish University, then waited to move, then to get my job promotion etc. Well the excuses are over and so is my wait.
Today I ordered my Crossfire!!!
Black with cedar ltd coupe, after graphite but their were none left. Infact they only have a couple of SSB left new here in Oz.
It's an '04 build, most of them are here, and is a company employee car. Its been on the road for 6 months but as new and get balance of warranty etc. Got a great deal on it which includes tinted windows, interior protection, floor mats (of course) and cargo area cover and rear fascia thrown in, as well as a free service. And I also got paint protection which is good here as we are not allowed to wash our cars due to water shortages.
The car has 10,000 kms which is 6,000 miles, a bit more then I wanted but beggars can't be choosers. It really hasn't sunk in that I'm finally a crossfire owner. I'm really wrapped with it, had a good sales guy and was well looked after. I think a positive dealer experience really is important.
Anyway just had to share my big news. I want to thank everyone here for their input into a great forum, a special thanks to fellow aussie member hugo for his advice too. I promised myself I would never own a black car, but the XF just looked too cool in it.

Cheers all.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:46 AM
RPM
Default Re: I did it!!!

Good choice. Hope you enjoy it.

BTW, no car washing? Are there any times in the year that you can wash cars? Just curious.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:26 AM
Forum Regular

Congrats mate. Good choice. Is it a manual or an auto?

Are you ready for the world cup next month then?

Old 02-07-2007, 09:32 AM

Congrats my friend; you are in for a world of fun. It's been close to 2 weeks since i've had mine... Everyday I get up and walk outside and that beautiful black goddess is sitting, waiting to show me a good time and she hasn't failed yet!

Old 02-07-2007, 10:07 AM

Is it a right or left-hand drive? Right hand drive cars look so COOL, but the idea of negotiating a 6-speed stick with my left hand makes me woozy. I can't even load my dishwasher left handed.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well done.
In the best colour as well.

Norrie.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Good job! Enjoy it!
I know I do...

Old 02-08-2007, 02:18 AM

Thanks guys, it's an auto, and I feel the same way about shifting the stick with my right hand.
Where I am in Australia, and is now the majority of the country you cannot wash your car at all, 24/7, 365 a year, guess what comes from living on the driest continent on earth, we are currently in a massive drought. We can't even get an exemption to wash our ambulances and fire trucks as emergency vehicles, infact there has been a big incidence of clean shinny cars getting keyed cause their seen as water wasters.
Should be getting her by mid next week.

Old 02-08-2007, 03:05 AM
xfire embrace

Originally Posted by Will
Thanks guys, it's an auto, and I feel the same way about shifting the stick with my right hand.
Where I am in Australia, and is now the majority of the country you cannot wash your car at all, 24/7, 365 a year, guess what comes from living on the driest continent on earth, we are currently in a massive drought. We can't even get an exemption to wash our ambulances and fire trucks as emergency vehicles, infact there has been a big incidence of clean shinny cars getting keyed cause their seen as water wasters.
Should be getting her by mid next week.
Congrats on your journey towards having your xfire and thats only the beginning.

Australia in a massive draught?? Euhh.
I was posted there some portion of last year, NSW.
Now you made me reconsider about this year trip.
Only specific areas affected or throughout?

Old 02-08-2007, 05:26 AM

It's effecting all of southern Australia where most of the population lives, it's the worse drought on record, ironically some areas of northern Queensland are having record rains and floods. El Niño and global warming = dirty crossfire.

Old 02-09-2007, 12:30 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Will
It's effecting all of southern Australia where most of the population lives, it's the worse drought on record, ironically some areas of northern Queensland are having record rains and floods. El Niño and global warming = dirty crossfire.
Hi Will,

I would be tempted to cover the xfire in 3m clear latex ... You then might get away with just a damn good dusting ... bling.

Ha ... just noticed that this post made me a senior member!

Last edited by bollox; 02-09-2007 at 12:32 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:57 PM

Bump!
Picked her up yesterday afternoon, I'm totally over the moon, absolutely perfect.
Drove down to the beach and came across another XF, we waved at each other, only ever seen 2 crossfires on the road here.
First 2 minutes i had the car pulled up next to a school bus to the gawking eyes of 6-8 teenagers all pointing and drooling at the shiny black car. Went to the local beach side cafe and when I was driving out of the car park a lady was so busy looking at the car she walked straight into a sign, smacked herself square in the head, lol. This car doesn't turn heads it causes head injuries, lol.
Black is going to be a labour of love to keep clean but she is absolutely stunning! Her name is Vanessa, so sexy you want to caress her and undress her, hehehe.
If your reading this thinking of getting a crossfire or waiting to get one do it now! I waited 2 years to get this car (school commitments) and i can tell you it has been worth the wait.
Oh and the cedar interior is just sooo much better in the flesh too. Anyway can't sit here typing all day I'm off for a spin.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:27 PM

Congratulations, Will.
I have followed a number of your posts and really did not think you would finish up with a Crossfire. Shows how wrong I was.
Like you I really enjoy my Crossfire.
By the way it's a pretty exclusive club. The Gold Coast Bulletin newspaper did a report a couple of weeks ago on vehicle ownership taken from the 2006 census. I had intended to keep the article but my wife binned the paper on recycling pick-up day.
From memory there were more Rolls Royce (over 100), Bentley, Ferrari, Lamborghini (19) than Crossfires on the Coast. Ex Queensland Premier (had Coupe now runs SRT Roadster) and Ex Gold Coast Mayor (Coupe) run Crossfires.
Brisbane dealer was advertising "new" Coupes at $51,999 "Drive-away" two weeks ago.
Cheapest secondhand I have seen was 2004 Coupe (previously registered as "PIMPUP" but personal plates removed and standard plates fitted, was $40,000 advertised price or $35,000 for cash deal at O'Neills Family Cars. Log books not completed, not looked after, 235/40/18 front tyres and 245/35/19 rears tyres "cheapie" brand.
Again congratulations and continue to enjoy.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:46 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Will,

Congratulations and welcome to the family mate. "Good onya!"

I learned that one during a cruise from Sydney, AU to Auckland, NZ... we loved each place we stopped. People there are wonderful and friendly.

Just remember to keep Vanessa "Flat out like a lizard drinkin..."

Old 02-20-2007, 08:31 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ausfire
By the way it's a pretty exclusive club. The Gold Coast Bulletin newspaper did a report a couple of weeks ago on vehicle ownership taken from the 2006 census. I had intended to keep the article but my wife binned the paper on recycling pick-up day.
From memory there were more Rolls Royce (over 100), Bentley, Ferrari, Lamborghini (19) than Crossfires on the Coast.
Ausfire, are you saying that there are only 19 Crossfires registered on the Gold Coast?

Old 02-22-2007, 11:20 PM

+fireamx'
There are 19 Lamborghini's. There are less than 19 Crossfires. Number of Gold Coast Crossfires was not published but to my knowledge there are Crossfires.
413-IUX
REB-04 SRT Roadster)
SOLD IT (That's the rego number)
RWO-01
Q XF 01 Z (Roadster)
XFIRE
XFIRE1
SMG-08
182-HTF
EWO-01 (SRT Roadster)
411-JRL (Previously PIMPUP)
There is also a Black Roadster that was recently sold as owner was pregnant and required a different vehicle - Bought JEEP Cherokee.
Another SSB Coupe at Tweed Heads with New South Wales rego.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:32 PM

Will,
Try to get to Chryslers By the Bay (Geelong) on 10th March 2007 for Cruise or Show, Shine Swap on 11th.
Chryslers on the Murray (COTM - Albury) on 17th March 2007.
Bit for me but there are some great cars going to be there.
The Crossfires draw attention.
Took mine on 1st Annual All Mopar Super Cruize, from Brisbane (Qld)to Kingscliffe (Northern NSW) last November. Photo of mine in Queensland Street Car - Issue 26 Jan-Feb 2007. (Can't post as that is beyond my capability).

Old 02-23-2007, 12:06 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ausfire
+fireamx'
There are 19 Lamborghini's. There are less than 19 Crossfires. Number of Gold Coast Crossfires was not published but to my knowledge there are Crossfires.
413-IUX
REB-04 SRT Roadster)
SOLD IT (That's the rego number)
RWO-01
Q XF 01 Z (Roadster)
XFIRE
XFIRE1
SMG-08
182-HTF
EWO-01 (SRT Roadster)
411-JRL (Previously PIMPUP)
There is also a Black Roadster that was recently sold as owner was pregnant and required a different vehicle - Bought JEEP Cherokee.
Another SSB Coupe at Tweed Heads with New South Wales rego.
Grahame, thanks for the info. I'm always noticing similarities between the Crossfire, and the old 2 seater AMX, and when you mentioned there were so few Crossfires in Australia, I realized that was just one more thing they had in common.
In 1969, 24 AMX's were shipped down under unassembled, and a company (AMI) put them together and moved the steering over to the right. The last that I heard, there are still 18 on the road. If you're interested, check out this web site. http://www.amxfiles.com/amc/foreign.html

Old 02-23-2007, 03:36 AM

Yeah already going to the chrysler car show Geelong on the 11th (i'm in geelong).
Trying to organize something for the melbourne forum guys to meet up. There are 2 other crossfires here in Geelong, a graphite who I saw today. We waved madly at each other, and another black i see at safeway.
I heard there are only 40 crossfires registered in all of victoria.

Old 02-23-2007, 08:15 PM

Will,

Awesome and good luck!

Let the addiction begin!

Couldn't have joined a better community of supporters as I have seen first hand!