Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Took it to the dealer... "Sigh" PROBLEM AGAIN

Old 03-23-2007, 12:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Took it to the dealer... "Sigh" PROBLEM AGAIN

Well today was my appointment and they managed to fix 1 of my 3 issues, but cause another issue and I think this one is unique... Neither of my remotes locks or opens doors automatically anymore.. When I press the buttons the lights go off as if the doors are locked and or opened, but nothing the buttons don't move and it remains the way I left... for this reason I am forced to use the keys to open the doors manually, has anyone had this happen? and If so how did you manage to fix it?

Old 03-23-2007, 12:38 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Took it to the dealer... "Sigh" PROBLEM AGAIN

What were the 3 problems needed to be fixed, and which one did they fix?

Old 03-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Forum Regular

what dealer was this ?

Old 03-23-2007, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by VQ35DE
What were the 3 problems needed to be fixed, and which one did they fix?
Problem 1: Overheating and coolant leak because faulty fan modulator... fixed under Recall...

Problem 2: Wind noise from driver side window at speeds above 45 mph... dealer claims that there is no area nearby where we can test it out at that speed... Problem Ignored by the dealer...

Problem 3: Driver Side headlight condensation... parts were not in stock, but were ordered and an appoint was set up for fixing in the future...

The dealer was Tenafly Chrysler/Jeep...

My new problem is very interesting one also... o well... has anyone had anything like this? Or have any advice before I take it to the dealer and he causes more problems?

Old 03-24-2007, 06:28 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sidez, the door locks are actuated by a pneumatic pump that sits in the right side of the trunk. Sounds to me like the dealer messed-up one of the small hoses that go from the pump to the lock actuators.

Old 03-24-2007, 08:24 AM

Funny you post this, I was trying to install my lighted wind screen when I noticed my remote door locks quit working. My dome lights quit too. I figured I must have did something wrong. I'm going to take it in next week to get it checked out. Let me know what they find on yours. When I press unlock I get two blinks of the lights and 3 blinks at lock but no movement of the locks.

Old 03-24-2007, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by crossfirefrank
Funny you post this, I was trying to install my lighted wind screen when I noticed my remote door locks quit working. My dome lights quit too. I figured I must have did something wrong. I'm going to take it in next week to get it checked out. Let me know what they find on yours. When I press unlock I get two blinks of the lights and 3 blinks at lock but no movement of the locks.
hmm... my dome lights are not working either...

Old 03-24-2007, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by bobs
Sidez, the door locks are actuated by a pneumatic pump that sits in the right side of the trunk. Sounds to me like the dealer messed-up one of the small hoses that go from the pump to the lock actuators.
Is there any possibility that it could be fuse related or the wires themselves were damaged?

Because why would the dealer touch ANYTHING in the trunk fixing any of the problems I mentioned to him...

Last edited by Sidez; 03-24-2007 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the passenger door, trunk, and gas door affected, or just the driver's door? If it's just the driver's door they may have damaged the air line going to the locking mechanism inside the door if they tore into the door to look at the wind noise problem. If it is all of the doors, it might be something with the air pump itself. There is probably a fuse for it.

Old 03-24-2007, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by C_Plunkett
Are the passenger door, trunk, and gas door affected, or just the driver's door? If it's just the driver's door they may have damaged the air line going to the locking mechanism inside the door if they tore into the door to look at the wind noise problem. If it is all of the doors, it might be something with the air pump itself. There is probably a fuse for it.
yes the gas door and the trunk are affected going to bring it to the dealer this upcoming week see what he has to say... hope he breaks no more...
and if it is just the fuse which i am hoping it is than i will be put in a really good mood as this should be an easy fix that is making a big impact.

Old 03-24-2007, 09:15 PM

Wow, Be sure to let me now what they find. I thought I might have shorted something out. Maybe I just deprogrammed something. I did have the battery disconnected for a while, when working on it. Good luck and I'll let you know what they find with mine but won't be taking it in for a couple weeks.

Old 04-14-2007, 03:26 PM

just as I expected frank it was the fuse that went out had it replaced under warranty and thankfully made it out without any damage to the car... both the dome lights and the door locks are working just as they did before... so all in all I am happy with the results of the dealer this time and can really say they did
a good job and did not take long... even though they kinda of did not believe me when I told them it is likely the fuse or the wiring...

Last edited by Sidez; 04-14-2007 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

I cringe every time I go in for an oil change. These dealers are idiots.

Old 04-14-2007, 06:13 PM

Interesting - I have mine going in this Monday and they asked me if I had checked my fuses. I did check every fuse I could find in the car and all looked good. Does it say which fuse it was so I can double check it? I'll also will let you know what they found.

Old 04-15-2007, 04:11 PM

Interesting - I have mine going in this Monday and they asked me if I had checked my fuses. I did check every fuse I could find in the car and all looked good. Does it say which fuse it was so I can double check it? I'll also will let you know what they found.
no it does not say which fuse and surprisingly I checked the fuses to and did not notice anything... out of the ordinary... but we have... or had the exact same problem and mine was fixed with a fuse replacement I would think that yours would be dealt with the same way...

Old 04-15-2007, 05:18 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a switch on the dome light that will allow the lights to turn on when doors open - or keep them dark. Double check the switch position.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
There is a switch on the dome light that will allow the lights to turn on when doors open - or keep them dark. Double check the switch position.
wish it was that simple.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:24 AM

I took my car in at 7:45 am and got it back unfixed at 8:00 am. Tech said it's either the aftermarket radio or the sub. in the trunk. I explained that both units have been installed since I purchased the car 2 years ago. Tech. answer- there is security electronics in the OEM radio. Asked why I have not had a problem until two years later. tech answer- sometimes problem won't so up right away. I asked what the dome light has to do with security. Tech answer- you should not modify your car like this will cause all sorts of problems. Was told to take the car home and they would call Chrysler Tech center later today and see what they think. I get the feeling I'm in for a run-a-round what advise do you have for me. If they tell me it's the radio I'll pull the aftermarket and reinstall the OEM unit and take it back in I guess. I really can't believe after 2 years the radio has anything to do with the dome light and key-less entry not working.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:31 AM

Sidez - Would you mind calling the dealer and asking him what fuse it was or giving me the name and number for the dealer so I can have them talk with the tech that fixed yours.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:52 PM

Man i am about 99% percent that your problem is no different than mine... its the damn fuse... I am currently not able to call.. and they close at 6... here is the number though (201) 871-9400 ask to speak to service manager "John" i believe his name is and ask him what fuse did you fix for the paranoid SRT Crossfire last week describe to him your problem and he will let you know... be persistent with him he is a good guy, but it takes time to get through to him... tell him I am sure its a fuse...

Quick Reply: Took it to the dealer... "Sigh" PROBLEM AGAIN