Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

DC Leaves Chrysler

Old 05-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default DC Leaves Chrysler

Well, it came across the wires this morning, DC has sold 80% of its stake in Chrylser to an investment firm.

http://www.thenewsroom.com/details/296991/Business

Well, our cars just got rarer guys...it was the only cross pollination between the two groups and there won't be another.

FYI...if you sign up for on this site, you can post (Mash) video's and text stories to your website. Check it out it's cool and better, its free.

Senna

Old 05-14-2007, 11:28 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: DC Leaves Chrysler

nope didn't work.

Last edited by Sennaspirit; 05-14-2007 at 11:34 AM.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn, that's a shame. Chrysler will now be owned by bean counters. there goes the quality and design of the Chrysler line up. It will now look like a sea of ugly GM vehicles.

Old 05-14-2007, 06:22 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bring Back the "K" Car!

Old 05-15-2007, 06:26 PM

I really thought this would have been bigger news for everyone on here. For all the complaints about how this car will never be worth more, this move has now made our beloved cars that much more valuable. For purely selfish reasons, I'm quite happy. This will be the last "American" car with any real character for quite a while. Our cars worth in the long run just went up to any collector.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hardly anything American about our cars. heck they weren't even made in the USA.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't see this as good news for the Chrysler brand, at least in the short run. I really think the Mercedes connection added a lot of quality to the brand. I never would have thought about a Chrysler product 10 years ago. When I saw the PT Cruiser I knew I had to have one but I was really skeptical because I hadn't had an American car for a while and it was made in Mexico...we had a VW Jetta that was made in Mexico and it was junk. My mom also had a K-Car wagon that drove like a bucket of bolts, the paint literally pealed off it. My fears were all but dashed after the first week with the PT. I have now driven 3 Daimler Chrysler products over the past 7 years and KOW I have only had two small problems and that says a lot to me about the quality of this product. I know some of you have had issues, I feel for those of you that have had problems. For the most part its been few and far between.
The new owners will no doubt come in and strip the company down and fine tune Chrysler. My guess is this will not be the best thing if you work for Chrysler or Dodge. In the short run I think the quality will suffer,moral has to be affected, who knows what the end result will be. Lets hope one of the things they do fix is a very bad dealer/service problem. You shouldn't have to be lucky to find a good Chrysler shop, it should be the norm not the acceptation. I've been lucky, I know Jason not so lucky at the same dealership I use.
I don't know if our cars will be worth more or less down the road I do know I am proud and more than happy to own a Daimler Chrysler product. Of all the cars that I've owned foreign and domestic, the PT Ltd, The GT Cruiser and now my Crossfire, there's no question these are three of the finest cars of the lot and the Crossfire is my favorite.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Pat

Last edited by patpur; 05-15-2007 at 11:13 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:22 AM
Forum Regular

I'm not so sure the breakup will have any effect on the value of our cars. Only time will tell, I guess.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:15 AM

To me, this is very big news to us Crossfire owners and to me personally. I was holding out on buying anything new until the Challenger finally came out. I always wanted a '70 Cuda and I'm not rich so that wasn't happening anytime soon and the Challenger was such a good reproduction plus, it might be halfway affordable. I am so happy I bought the Xfire because w/ the buyout I think this concept will be scraped. Very sad but I love, love, love my Crossfire and am very thankful I have it to ease my pain!

Old 05-16-2007, 09:50 AM
Forum Regular

Deleted Message

Last edited by AMGLover; 09-05-2007 at 06:59 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:02 PM

I actually think this is a death knell for Crossfire value, Its the red headed stepchild of a horrible marriage of companies. Think back to the Sterling (Acura) of the 80's, Chryslers on TC by Maserati, even the Pininfarina/Cadillac Allante'. Hopefully both companies can return to their former selves after this un-holy union. I actually think this will be good for Chrysler in the long run, Daimler has been keeping Chrysler under its thumb, not wanting them to compete directly with Mercedes. (Me-412, Imperial, Firepower!) And the fact that Cerebus has the financial strength to cope with slow periods. The Auto market is Cyclical, for the last few years, Chrysler had been carrying Mercedes, It turned around and Daimler decided to jump ship.
This being said, I am still looking for the right deal on a SRT-6 roadster.