Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

New guy!

Old 05-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New guy!

Hello Everyone:

I'm a new Xfire owner. She's an '04 graphite gray coupe. I'm in love with it so far. I've tried to baby it as much as I have time to do so. This is a daily driver, but I have tried to invest in items that will help protect the car.

I bought a really nice cover, but I am now looking for a quality car bra. Anyone have any suggestions on what brand to look for? The car is in excellent shape, but I could definitely see how rock chips could multiply on the front end during road trips.

I have already read tons of helpful and interesting tidbits on this forum, it really is a great source of information.
Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Old 05-15-2007, 10:46 PM
RPM
Thumbs up Re: New guy!

Originally Posted by jcblanks
Hello Everyone:

I'm a new Xfire owner. She's an '04 graphite gray coupe. I'm in love with it so far. I've tried to baby it as much as I have time to do so. This is a daily driver, but I have tried to invest in items that will help protect the car.

I bought a really nice cover, but I am now looking for a quality car bra. Anyone have any suggestions on what brand to look for? The car is in excellent shape, but I could definitely see how rock chips could multiply on the front end during road trips.

I have already read tons of helpful and interesting tidbits on this forum, it really is a great source of information.
Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Congrats on your new ride.
Where are you located?

Might want to try Chryslerpartsdirect.com for some Mopar accessories.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:57 PM
Default Re: New guy!

Congratulations on choosing the Xfire. I chose an '04 as my daily driver also. I personally would not put a bra on the paint. I'm from the old era of the bra's doing more damage than they are worth. I drive mostly around town at 45 to 50 and have gotten no chips. I occasionally take it on short road trips and have noticed no chips. If I would take it on a longer trip, I'd chose the new spray on bra. I think Krylon makes one. It seems simple to use. I believe "Griot's Garage" carries a similar product. I think their website is: www.griotsgarage.com.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: New guy!

Welcome & Congrats to JC Blanks & Pirate!!!

I would stay away from any type of "spray on Bra or protectant". Get a quality Mopar Front End Cover or Invisible Bra from Groits Garage or Xpel.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: New guy!

welcome to the forum.

yeah, I also have to give it a thumbs down on the bra thing. It really tears up paint. I'd rather repaint my bumper every 8-10 years due to rock dings than cover up all that beauty with a car bra. let it hang out man!