Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

I hate to say it, but it's probably going to come to this.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I hate to say it, but it's probably going to come to this.

Due to the battle with the Chrysler dealership in town, I may have to trade the Crossfire (more than likely for a new Z). When I tried to get the main Chrysler people involved, they sided with the dealership and will do nothing to help. Now, I have no place to have my Crossfire serviced within a 100 - mile range. I'm not taking it to the original dealership again due to fear of them harming the car in passive ways and lying about it. They already have lied numerous times to me since the first day I looked at the car. And with the price of the Crossfire's parts going up along with their rarity, it's going to be tough to have the car fixed within a couple of weeks' time. It's really sad and it sucks, but the Zs aren't really that bad - they beat the standard Crossfire in every aspect of performance and have twice the interior quality and more room along with 5 cupholders. But, I'd still miss the uniqueness and looks of the Crossfire.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:16 PM
Default Re: I hate to say it, but it's probably going to come to this.

I wouldn't stretch it to say it has twice as good of an interior and the space honestly felt the same. I drove one and wasn't that impressed, it was so-so but that's my opinion of it. Also, if you get a manual your left calf and leg will get a really good workout since the clutch pedal is stiff as all hell compared to the Crossfire's.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Forum Regular

Can independent repair shops service the Crossfire?

Old 07-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by radmanly
Can independent repair shops service the Crossfire?
they can't to powertrain work under warranty. however, if it's something covered by the extended warranty (non-powertrain: radio, ac, etc.) you can buy (which i did), you can have a certified company do the work, and the warranty company (not chrysler) will reimburse your money.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GatorLCA
I wouldn't stretch it to say it has twice as good of an interior and the space honestly felt the same. I drove one and wasn't that impressed, it was so-so but that's my opinion of it. Also, if you get a manual your left calf and leg will get a really good workout since the clutch pedal is stiff as all hell compared to the Crossfire's
but there's more power and a lot more parts for cheaper prices from a much better company, and as for the stiff clutch pedal, i would be used to it. i'm pretty sure my crossfire's had a messed up clutch pedal since the start; the dealership just never informed me of it. it used to be extremely stiff, but now it's really soft since it's been fixed.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Forum Regular

Wait for the new Z in '09. Or in August you can get the new G.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Forum Regular

I personally think I might be heading to the Cadillac XLR once I get some more equity in the car depending on how things go with the xfire, its bullshit that they are down to like 15k. You don't see very many xlr's driving around either.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rakoom2002
I personally think I might be heading to the Cadillac XLR once I get some more equity in the car depending on how things go with the xfire, its bullshit that they are down to like 15k. You don't see very many xlr's driving around either.
the value of cadillacs isn't much better than chryslers. the day you drive an xlr off the lot it goes from $80k to $45k.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:48 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ws6vert
Wait for the new Z in '09. Or in August you can get the new G.
nah, they'll probably cost a lot more than the current z (from $30k to probably $40k. plus, i need the car soon before crossfire's go below $15k. also, i don't want the first year model of any new body change to a car. i found out that out the hard way from my crossfire - i've had more problems with it than i did with my '96 accord v6.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorLCA
I wouldn't stretch it to say it has twice as good of an interior and the space honestly felt the same. I drove one and wasn't that impressed, it was so-so but that's my opinion of it. Also, if you get a manual your left calf and leg will get a really good workout since the clutch pedal is stiff as all hell compared to the Crossfire's.
I hear that man, the Z is just a smaller interior, it has even less headroom and less leg room. not too mention the crossfire out handles the Z.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:32 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Maxwell
I hear that man, the Z is just a smaller interior, it has even less headroom and less leg room. not too mention the crossfire out handles the Z.
slalom

Z = 67.3 mph (comparison of Z against S2000 and C5 Z06)
XF = 67.5 (Road and Track)

i think i'll take the power for .2 mph. but it's not about that. i like my crossfire a lot, but the service is horrible here and i'm not going to drive/have my car towed 200 miles just to get it fixed/serviced. and at least the paint doesn't come off the interior.

Last edited by grphtmtlc11; 07-04-2007 at 12:45 AM.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:00 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by grphtmtlc11
the value of cadillacs isn't much better than chryslers. the day you drive an xlr off the lot it goes from $80k to $45k.
lol. I can't afford an 80k car i'm only 22. =-) I was talking about the 45k ones, there a few on ebay, by the time i'm ready to buy on they should be even cheaper.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:03 AM
Forum Regular

I bet the services nightmares out number the good ones 10 to 1.

Old 07-04-2007, 12:41 AM
Forum Regular

well, it's pretty much official that i'm getting rid of the Crossfire.

Old 07-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Forum Regular

Don't buy the slow Z. You might as well buy a Rustang. It's outdated (the Z). Catch my SRT-6 if you can! Or my new G-37 coupe. HAHAHA!

Old 07-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The other day I came up on a Z with the automatic transmission, we where both cruzing at about 30 mph, and I knew he had his eye on me as I slowly creped up on his rear flank. My front bumper was right at his door panel when I heard him go WOT and that signature exhaust note growled. I quickly threw it into 3rd gear and stood on the *****! Now I'm not trying to brag but I just slowly walked away from that 350Z auto. We went for about 2 blocks and I never saw him pull up near me. I guess that extra 500 lbs of weight carried by the Z really hinders it's performance.
And that's when I had a big smile on my face and I knew I loved my Crossfire.

Old 07-04-2007, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by grphtmtlc11
well, it's pretty much official that i'm getting rid of the Crossfire.
I feel for you; I went through the same thing with my Liberty Renegade. It was a perfect Jeep, and my pride and joy, until I took it in for servicing. They messed it up really bad. The problem in my area is that all of the Chrysler, Dodge, Pontiac, Olds and Jeep dealers are owned by the same guy. So I was pretty much SOL...

Couldn't you have the Mercedes guys look at it (noob question)?

Old 07-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wade
I feel for you; I went through the same thing with my Liberty Renegade. It was a perfect Jeep,
and my pride and joy, until I took it in for servicing. They messed it up really bad.
x2 In addition to my Crossfire, I own a Jeep Wrangler and a Jeep Liberty. Crappy service is not limited just to
the Crossfire. It all depends on what dealer you use. Lucky for me, there are numerous Chrysler/Jeep dealers
in my area. There is the dealer where I bought the Crossfire and Jeeps that gives you a good deal when buying,
but bad service. I found a dealer that does okay work on the Crossfire and another one that is better to take the
Jeeps to. I hear the same complaints of bad/good service from owners of other vehicles, it's just not limited to
our cars....

Last edited by ben47; 07-05-2007 at 12:02 AM.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:01 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ws6vert
Don't buy the slow Z. You might as well buy a Rustang. It's outdated (the Z). Catch my SRT-6 if you can! Or my new G-37 coupe. HAHAHA!
for less than it would cost to renntech upgrade an srt-6, i can twin turbo a Z and add new exhaust and push to almost 500 hp. of course this won't happen till my warranty expires and i'm finished with college. a TT 350Z can hang with a Viper and a Z06. of course you can make an srt faster, but not as cheap as you can make a Z fast. and the '07 Zs with 306 hp have been known to run as low as 13.2 in the quarter mile. but trust me if i could get an srt, i would, but once again, i can't have it serviced within 200 miles because i'm not going to get robbed everytime i need something fixed.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:06 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Maxwell
The other day I came up on a Z with the automatic transmission, we where both cruzing at about 30 mph, and I knew he had his eye on me as I slowly creped up on his rear flank. My front bumper was right at his door panel when I heard him go WOT and that signature exhaust note growled. I quickly threw it into 3rd gear and stood on the *****! Now I'm not trying to brag but I just slowly walked away from that 350Z auto. We went for about 2 blocks and I never saw him pull up near me. I guess that extra 500 lbs of weight carried by the Z really hinders it's performance.
And that's when I had a big smile on my face and I knew I loved my Crossfire.
he must have been scared to mess his car up because if you've got a crossfire limited, he would have left you. i've left an aston martin vanquish on the interstate before, but only because the rich nerd behind the wheel didn't know how to drive.

Quick Reply: I hate to say it, but it's probably going to come to this.