Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Chrysler sales for August

Old 09-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Chrysler sales for August

I don't have all the numbers yet, but this is what I have found so far.
Chrysler sold 168,203 vehicles in August, compared with 179,165 during the same month in 2006. I will post the rest of the numbers as soon as I find them, unless someone beats me to it.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:20 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Chrysler sales for August

From Forbes.com:

Sales were off 6% at Chrysler, thanks to lackluster demand for the company's trucks and SUVs. Car sales rose 18%, led by a strong month from Chrysler's Sebring line.

From DetroitNews.com:

Chrysler said its August sales of 168,203 were off 6 percent compared with 179,165 a year ago. Excluding the effect of decreased fleet sales, the automaker said, its sales to retail consumers were up, with strong demand for its Sebring sedan and convertible. Jeep sales were down 1 percent but the Dodge brand gained 13 percent, led by the Caliber and Nitro.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:25 PM
Forum Regular

"Strong demand" for the Sebring sedan? Take that, haters!!

Old 09-04-2007, 09:45 PM

The Nitro is just hideous...reminds me of a Star Wars storm trooper helmet. I think Chryslers screwed up big time by not bringing the SMART into the US and selling it thought the CJD dealer network. They had announced plans to do that, but then scrapped them and concentrated on building more huge ugly gas pig pick ups and SUV's that no one wants now. Now that Penske is the official distributor for the SMART, he has a ton of interest and it appears that the first year import production is already sold out. Last year i bought my wife a new Scion xB. She would rather have had the SMART had it been available. But i am sure i could have all the Commanders and Aspens i want, along with Hemi pickups.
It's a little sad...my brother is the service manager at a Chrysler Jeep dealer, and he calls my scion a piece of junk. My wife dropped my son off at the dealer last week to pick up his 99 Stratus that had some brake work done on it, and the brothers boss and a few of the techs were laughing at the Scion. I thought it was a funny joke and didn't really think much of it, until i stopped by the dealership today and talked to mt brothers boss for a few minutes. He started making comments about the Scion and i just laughed them off...then he said "wow, i was embarrassed for you"...since this guy is my brothers boss, i just turned and walked away...but i thought...WTF? embarrassed? Why, because i spent $14,600 on a roomy, comfortable, well equipped, car? Because my $14K car came standard with a pioneer MP3 killer stereo, ABS, traction control, stability control, sunscreen glass, steering wheel audio controls, A/C, rear wiper, and a sweet shifting 5 speed? Why, because my funny little car is getting 38 MPG? Why, because my funny little car has more leg room front AND rear, than my Grand Cherokee? Why, because in the 18 months i have owned it, the car has not been back to the shop one single time for any type of problem, just routine oil changes? (3 of which were included in the price of the car, IE, FREE).
I guess this a bit of a rant, but this is part of the reason that Chrysler is in the position they are in. Would i have preferred to buy a Chrysler product instead of the Scion? HELL YES!! But they had NOTHING to offer. I DID just buy my Caliber, but that is not what my wife wanted last year. Her previous car WAS a PT Cruiser, which to their benefit was a bold and daring move on their part. There was a long waiting list for the PT when it was introduced. have they ever had a waiting list for some stupid pickup truck?
BTW, i have no intentions of saying anything to my brothers boss. I refuse to be the bigger fool who argues with a fool.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackbelt
...I refuse to be the bigger fool who argues with a fool.
And here we thought it was because in a battle of wits you felt sorry for him and didn't want to fight an unarmed opponent. LOL.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by radmanly
"Strong demand" for the Sebring sedan? Take that, haters!!
Yeah, by rental car companies and company fleets.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:56 PM
Forum Regular

Not so fast. The article said:
Excluding the effect of decreased fleet sales, the automaker said, its sales to retail consumers were up, with strong demand for its Sebring sedan and convertible.
The Sebring is finally gettin' some love.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:20 AM

The Nitro is just hideous...reminds me of a Star Wars storm trooper helmet. I think Chryslers screwed up big time by not bringing the SMART into the US and selling it thought the CJD dealer network. They had announced plans to do that, but then scrapped them and concentrated on building more huge ugly gas pig pick ups and SUV's that no one wants now. Now that Penske is the official distributor for the SMART, he has a ton of interest and it appears that the first year import production is already sold out. Last year i bought my wife a new Scion xB. She would rather have had the SMART had it been available. But i am sure i could have all the Commanders and Aspens i want, along with Hemi pickups.
It's a little sad...my brother is the service manager at a Chrysler Jeep dealer, and he calls my scion a piece of junk. My wife dropped my son off at the dealer last week to pick up his 99 Stratus that had some brake work done on it, and the brothers boss and a few of the techs were laughing at the Scion. I thought it was a funny joke and didn't really think much of it, until i stopped by the dealership today and talked to mt brothers boss for a few minutes. He started making comments about the Scion and i just laughed them off...then he said "wow, i was embarrassed for you"...since this guy is my brothers boss, i just turned and walked away...but i thought...WTF? embarrassed? Why, because i spent $14,600 on a roomy, comfortable, well equipped, car? Because my $14K car came standard with a pioneer MP3 killer stereo, ABS, traction control, stability control, sunscreen glass, steering wheel audio controls, A/C, rear wiper, and a sweet shifting 5 speed? Why, because my funny little car is getting 38 MPG? Why, because my funny little car has more leg room front AND rear, than my Grand Cherokee? Why, because in the 18 months i have owned it, the car has not been back to the shop one single time for any type of problem, just routine oil changes? (3 of which were included in the price of the car, IE, FREE).
I guess this a bit of a rant, but this is part of the reason that Chrysler is in the position they are in. Would i have preferred to buy a Chrysler product instead of the Scion? HELL YES!! But they had NOTHING to offer. I DID just buy my Caliber, but that is not what my wife wanted last year. Her previous car WAS a PT Cruiser, which to their benefit was a bold and daring move on their part. There was a long waiting list for the PT when it was introduced. have they ever had a waiting list for some stupid pickup truck?
BTW, i have no intentions of saying anything to my brothers boss. I refuse to be the bigger fool who argues with a fool.
How do you like the Caliber?

XFH

Old 09-05-2007, 12:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not so fast. The article said:
Excluding the effect of decreased fleet sales, the automaker said, its sales to retail consumers were up, with strong demand for its Sebring sedan and convertible.

The Sebring is finally gettin' some love.
From who???

That thing hit every branch of the ugly tree on its way down...

Old 09-05-2007, 08:01 AM

I like my Caliber. I think it's unfortunate that the interior of my $14,600 sticker Scion looks much more expensive than the interior of my $23,500 Caliber, but other than cheap interior plastics (dash and door panels, the leather seats are actually pretty nice) of the Caliber, the rest of the car is a winner IMO. Engine has very little NVH, decent power, good ride, and i love the styling.

I also like the idea that Chrysler is finally making a hardtop convertible sebring, as well as an AWD version with the Dodge. I actually really liked my '04 Stratus with the 2.7. It was a solid quick and comfortable sedan that gave me no trouble.

I have calmed down a bit since i typed that rant last night. The guy is still a jerk though...LOL.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by NeverEnough
From who???

That thing hit every branch of the ugly tree on its way down...
lol!

It's not a bad price for a hard top convertible though. Oldsters are probably digging them. You can tell they used a bunch of styling cues from the Xfire. Just not in a very pleasing way.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Forum Regular
Talking Re: Chrysler sales for August

Oldsters?? Who you calling old?? LOL. Where's FP when ya need him?

Old 09-05-2007, 12:54 PM

Why, because my funny little car is getting 38 MPG?
Maybe it's because it's funny looking? Looks aren't everything, though.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NeverEnough
From who???
According to the article, retail customers. They're lining up for that Sebring hotness.

Last edited by radmanly; 09-05-2007 at 01:01 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:32 PM

According to the article, retail customers. They're lining up for that Sebring hotness.
Haha. Honestly, I think it's good looking. A far cry from the Sebrings of yore. Now, I don't know that the looks (or the car) are exciting, but the looks are definitely significantly better.