Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

I was looking at a Powerchip...

Old 10-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I was looking at a Powerchip...

Crossfire owners beware of PowerChip...

This was the conclusion of an ongoing conversation between PowerChip Travis and I for our engines (N/A 3.2L) in the Crossfire and the fact that they raised the price for the SLK320 after I raised hell that they were too high $ for our cars...

Travis,

Holy ****!!! I just went to your website and now I see that you have raised your price for the SLK320 which IS the Crossfire engine...Keep it...Good luck with your scams....This WILL be reported to the website at www.Crossfireforum.org the original lower price for the Mercedes 3.2L N/A was about $420 or so...No typo can be that wrong

---Original Message---

From: Travis Cattach (PChipGM) [mailto:t@powerchipgroup.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 6:07 PM
To: Dave Wilson
Subject: Powerchip upgrade

Dear Dave,
I think there is a typo on our website. I would be happy to honor the lower of the two prices for you.
I hope this helps, and if you have any questions please let me know on (949) 646 1026.
Best Regards,

Travis

Old 10-05-2007, 11:32 PM
Default Re: I was looking at a Powerchip...

Left some info out...$690 for the Crossfire, about $420 for the SLK320

Old 10-06-2007, 04:56 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: I was looking at a Powerchip...

I paid $375 about three years ago.

Old 10-06-2007, 06:14 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you search around there are better programs out there for much better prices.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:07 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I know, it's not only Power Chip but SI is doing this also.. it's all the same programming for the SLK320, yet it is cheaper because it's out of production, supply and demand guys, they are mearly just capitolizing off of the demand for more power. Though I find the price of $400 to be way out of line for only 20hp. I'd rather put that $400-$600 towards a supercharger kit when ever that comes out or towards bigger brakes.

why don't you just tell them this is for the slk320 and not the crossfire

Old 10-06-2007, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
If you search around there are better programs out there for much better prices.
its all the same programming from Bosch, no aftermarket tuners here in the states have the ability to manipulate the ECU, its all the same stuff. no one else is able to get more than 20 hp with an ecu tune unless you go aftermarket computer or buy boschs race ecu...

Old 10-06-2007, 09:43 AM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by Maxwell
its all the same programming from Bosch, no aftermarket tuners here in the states have the ability to manipulate the ECU, its all the same stuff. no one else is able to get more than 20 hp with an ecu tune unless you go aftermarket computer or buy boschs race ecu...
They don't change the software (firmware) only the parameters.

Only so much you can do, and they all can "read" what their competition is mapping and clone.

Aint no thing but the equipment. I bet a 350% mark-up by now for an out-of-the-box flash.

Custom tuning is the way to go!

Old 10-06-2007, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
They don't change the software (firmware) only the parameters.

Only so much you can do, and they all can "read" what their competition is mapping and clone.

Aint no thing but the equipment. I bet a 350% mark-up by now for an out-of-the-box flash.

Custom tuning is the way to go!
OK but I'm almost positive that none of the tuner shops have the ability to adjust the parameters on the bosch motronic ecu's it's only what Bosch made available to everyone, yet they have made numerous different files available, but 20hp is tops from what I've read and seen.

though I would like to see what the srt6 injectors, schricks cams and those new stainless headers, along with one of Boschs' ecu tunes can put down to the ground, maybe 50-60 hp that would be enough to walk away from a 350Z with standard transmission.

Last edited by Maxwell; 10-06-2007 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ColoradoXFire

Dear Dave,
I think there is a typo on our website. I would be happy to honor the lower of the two prices for you.
I hope this helps, and if you have any questions please let me know on (949) 646 1026.
Best Regards,

Travis
It looks like Travis is willing to honor the cheaper price, what's the big deal? Retail stores mistakenly post incorrect pricing quite often. There are several satisfied customers who have bought from Powerchip from both the Crossfire group and the Mercedes group.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:55 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is the best price I have seen:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PERFO...QQcmdZViewItem

No I did not buy it! This is a joke.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:29 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
Here is the best price I have seen:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PERFO...QQcmdZViewItem

No I did not buy it! This is a joke.
It's no JOKE!!

I called and talked to owner - they referred me to the "feedback section" on Ebay and Ebayer gordan.2007 said:

"my husband said the chip helped my car real good".

I was so excited that the product was so highly endorsed by her husband that I purchased SIX MODULES and will wire them in series with a new sprint booster giving me an incredible 210 HP gain with a zippy throttle for only $44.94.

I know it seems hard to believe - but just click the "View Larger Picture" to see for your self. (you save a $1 compared to what the "others" are paying).

Disclaimer:
Actual results may vary - consult with a doctor before trying this or any other remedies. Side effects include: dry mouth, fatigue, boil, hives, dizziness and in severe cases, engine failure. Sprint Booster sold separately.