Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Is it just me or...

Old 10-22-2007, 09:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it just me or...

does anyone else park as far away as possible only to find that upon your return you have a huge truck or minivan parked, and who knows how many kids came outta the car!

this girl scratched my car a few weeks ago at school, and she was about to runaway...pissed me off...and i parked far!!!

what is the solution to this.

i don't like parking that far because people are gonna be like jeez who does that car think it is...but i still try...

and suggestions?

Old 10-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Default Re: Is it just me or...

I feel like I saw this exact post not long ago.. Maybe I'm crazy... I have the same experience as you practically every day.. I live in an apartment and we have a rather small parking lot but I still try to park away from everyone else but every morning I come out to some piece or huge truck right next to my car... Today for instance I get ready to leave this morning and I go outside to find a huge Fedex Truck backed into the space right next to my car, of course nowhere near any other car in the lot... It drives me insane and the majority of people are so careless I fear for dents from peoples doors. Just my two cents... Sometimes I think people are drawn to the car like fly's... Who could blame them though...

Old 10-22-2007, 10:41 AM

The only solution I have found for this is to park in a spot where at least one side is not a parking spot, ie the end of a lot or next to a median. Then cram your car all the way against the object and hope for the best. At least this way you only really have one side to worry about.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:53 AM
Forum Regular

I agree.

They want to check out these cars enough that they'll park a long way out.
I'll park 10 spaces from the nearest car in a huge lot, and when I come back, I've got one right next to me.
No scratches yet, but I just got mine 10/5.

Hope I don't have to resort to orange cones, a guard dog or handicapped tag. Perhaps a 50,000 volt Captain Nemo mod . . .

Old 10-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes this topic has been covered multiple times. One of the "side benefits" of having a vehicle as rare as ours. Trust me, you can not park far enough away...

Old 10-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

As soon as I see this I proceed to kick in both sides of the offending cars doors. I then jump on the trunk and dent the crap out of it.

If I am feeling really nice, I also urinate on the door handles.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by jayf
The only solution I have found for this is to park in a spot where at least one side is not a parking spot, ie the end of a lot or next to a median. Then cram your car all the way against the object and hope for the best. At least this way you only really have one side to worry about.
This is how I park. Ever since I had my 2008 Scion xB which was a daily driver/show car. But now I am no longer doing show cars and would hate it if anyone did anything to happen to my car.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by MAYAman
As soon as I see this I proceed to kick in both sides of the offending cars doors. I then jump on the trunk and dent the crap out of it.

See what?

I try everything suggest above - I don't mind the walk etc but I still have a little door dent on one door. I think it is a step to far when people with nice cars park over two spaces, we are all lucky to have a nice cars, I know people who have older, "less special" cars and they like them just as much as I like my Crossfire - they just can't afford to buy or run a Crossfire.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jayf
This is what I do. Sometimes I can barely get my door open to get out. But not dings. The enemy would have to almost park in my spot with me to get their doors to hit my car.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Forum Regular

noble candidate...

Old 10-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made a door ding protector that I carry with me. One side of the car is on the curb, its the other side I'm worried about. My devise keeps any door a good two inches away from the side of my car. There is little you can do about the problem. I sure feel the same way MAYAman feels but my luck just as I was doing something to their car I'd get caught. I decided to take a preventative approach to the problem.

Pat

Old 10-22-2007, 03:31 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on the paint condition and age of the car, ~

Prefect condition/Brand new - park outside the mall.
one minor ding / 1 year old - park at the last row.
a few minor dings / 2 years old - park somewhere in the middle.
a few scratches / 3+ years old - join the crowd and park as close as possible.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, I'm with ya but don't forget the hood!!!

Old 10-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Forum Regular

I also park a ways a way when I am at some store. If the opportunity is there, I will park next to another sports car...one that has obviously been taken care. Those persons know to be careful when getting in or out of their car.

Just my 2.345 cents.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:10 PM

i park as far away i can and i always take up 2 spots even at wawa at 7 am before work. lol. haha.
but my car is brand new and it will stay that way if i can help it.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:16 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 501 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by ApolloFX
I feel like I saw this exact post not long ago.. Maybe I'm crazy... I have the same experience as you practically every day.. I live in an apartment and we have a rather small parking lot but I still try to park away from everyone else but every morning I come out to some piece or huge truck right next to my car... Today for instance I get ready to leave this morning and I go outside to find a huge Fedex Truck backed into the space right next to my car, of course nowhere near any other car in the lot... It drives me insane and the majority of people are so careless I fear for dents from peoples doors. Just my two cents... Sometimes I think people are drawn to the car like fly's... Who could blame them though...
YOU DID SEE THIS SUBJECT NOT LONG AGO. I POSTED IT AFTER GETTING PISSED OFF WITH THE IDIOTS THAT SEEM TO ALWAYS PARK BY MY CAR

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=18090