Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

I am sooo Mad!!!

Old 11-22-2007, 11:55 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I am sooo Mad!!!

Originally Posted by Electric Messiah
Great news CG!
thanks I am waiting... lol.

Old 11-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CoupeGirl
My father was a collecter and the bug bit me young. My son 24 has owned about 15 so far...I am not your average Mom.
Not even knowing you, I can agree with that statement. You are a chip off of Dad's block for sure.

Old 11-22-2007, 05:57 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by woodlands1
Not even knowing you, I can agree with that statement. You are a chip off of Dad's block for sure.
Thanks having all brothers and the youngest girl, I had to learn quick.

Old 11-22-2007, 06:05 PM
Smile Re hey what's up

why you mad, guess what i just smoked bmw today i am so happy.

Old 11-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Smile Re: crossfire rocks

crossfire blowsss everyone. haha.

Old 11-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Re hey what's up

Originally Posted by rommel7645
why you mad, guess what i just smoked bmw today i am so happy.
LOL..I just want my baby back...

Old 11-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Default Re: u see that

are you there.

Old 11-22-2007, 06:16 PM
Forum Regular

yep I am...

Old 12-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Forum Regular

Today was visiting day...I miss her sooo.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
120807132126.jpg (467.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg
120807132142.jpg (448.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 12-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Forum Regular

While I was at my Chrysler dealer yesterday to get the TPMS reset (didn't work, won't work and the bulb will soon be coming out) I was talking with the service rep and he was telling me how much he enjoyed driving the XFires that come in for maintenance or were being prepared for delivery to a purchaser.

Anyhow, the rep told me about a guy that managed to get on a curb with his XFire, knocked a hole in the oil pan and then fried the engine because he didn't know he had lost oil pressure until too late (I'm guessing under the influence of some liquid spirit). The service rep told me that it cost over $15,000 to get the car repaired and back in shape. He said because the engines are hand made you have to pull them apart to determine exactly what bearings need to be ordered for each journal. He said the MB engines are not mass produced like the Chrysler engines and there is a difference.

I thought to myself that the repair cost the guy as much as the car was worth. There must be a moral to this story somewhere.

Last edited by woodlands1; 12-08-2007 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Forum Regular

Did not know that, I paid 13K for the car read somewhere the engine is worth 8K not sure ...but glad i dont have to pay for it...

Old 12-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Forum Regular

Don't you just hate having to wait to get your car back? It seems like time slows and you will never get the car. Sort of like a young child waiting for Christmas to finally arrive and see what Santa leaves.

Old 12-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Forum Regular

Hey i am driving a volvo here...

Old 12-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Life is random...so am I.

your car has been in the shop for what...like a month now...if it were me...

Well...let me just suggest I loan you one of these...

MyRomanians.jpg

I bet if you showed up with any of those your car would be done a LOT faster!

Last edited by apkano; 12-08-2007 at 11:29 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Forum Regular

Hey i am driving a volvo here...
Can't tell if your comment is meant to be good or bad, but, I know for sure a Volvo doesn't a Crossfire make.

By the way...I vote for your avatar(s) as best of class on this forum.

Last edited by woodlands1; 12-08-2007 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:14 PM

My car was in the shop for a month and a half for a faulty seatbelt alarm!! BTW, it still doesn't work. They'll probably have your car for 4 months at least. "Oh, the parts are on back order..." "Yeah, we ran into another issue..."

Good luck!

Old 12-09-2007, 04:02 AM
Forum Regular

I am happy that most of the engine is in place, but they are really wanting it gone too, The volvo is nice but slow and and no fun had my Zfire for 6 weeks, 5 in the garage...when it comes out i will be happy...

Old 12-09-2007, 05:29 AM

I have found a GREAT dealer, the service advisers call me about 6pm to give me a complete update, the engineer is coming by tomorrow and will make the call, my adviser said he want it to purr when it leaves and will not let it leave till it does, some reason i am not worried that he is true to his word, I have a local dealer here in town BUT the volvo dealer i bought it from said the would feel better talking it a hour way to gainesville, and they were right a awesome dealer...I still miss her though, she was suppose to get paint job on here bumper today , volvo said when she comes back. PS the dealer in gainesville is a dodge dealer with a full time Crossfire Mechanic...
I hope your not going thru all this for nothing. I am a new crossfire owner and I was showing the car to a guy at work who has owed nothing but Mercedes and Jags and the first thing he said to me was. "yep it's got a Mercedes engine in it... I can tell by the ticking... they all have it." I couldn't hear what he was talking about. I guess I have lost some of my hearing, I have always played my radio way too loud for most. I guess it's starting to show. Anyway, I hope I am wrong and hope you get your car back soon in tip top shape, they are a blast to drive. Plus, I used to work in an Automotive shop and mechanics rarely break somthing while trying to fix something else, but it does happen. Could have something to do with your battery replacement. Not saying it is...just seems no car should have cable problems this soon. That's something that usually happens on cars over 10 years old. Don't always believe what the service advisor tells you. They just report what the mechanics them them. Most mechanics will never tell them they messed up. They will just fix their mistake and say the car had another problem they found.

Good Luck.

Old 12-09-2007, 05:43 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Focushere
I hope your not going thru all this for nothing. I am a new crossfire owner and I was showing the car to a guy at work who has owed nothing but Mercedes and Jags and the first thing he said to me was. "yep it's got a Mercedes engine in it... I can tell by the ticking... they all have it." I couldn't hear what he was talking about. I guess I have lost some of my hearing, I have always played my radio way too loud for most. I guess it's starting to show. Anyway, I hope I am wrong and hope you get your car back soon in tip top shape, they are a blast to drive. Plus, I used to work in an Automotive shop and mechanics rarely break somthing while trying to fix something else, but it does happen. Could have something to do with your battery replacement. Not saying it is.....just seems no car should have cable problems this soon. That's something that usually happens on cars over 10 years old. Don't always believe what the service advisor tells you. They just report what the mechanics them them. Most mechanics will never tell them they messed up. They will just fix their mistake and say the car had another problem they found.

Good Luck.
Having had 55 cars and 9 of them benzs, this was not a normal benz engine sound, it was a Solid tick...All this is under warranty, and they had the Chrysler people out...

You better make sure your tick is normal... If the break something, they will replace it...not worried much about that, as the whole engine is almost back together...

Old 12-09-2007, 10:58 AM

I guess you would know then having 9 MB's. Like I said, I can't hear mine. So I don't think it's a problem. Good luck with yours.
Let us all know what the outcome is. These kind of problems can make you crazy.

Quick Reply: I am sooo Mad!!!