Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

does the grounding cable give any hp?

Old 02-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question does the grounding cable give any hp?

need to before i buy this item

Old 02-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: does the grounding cable give any hp?

Havent used it but I doubt it. Unless you have a bad ground now it will do nothing for you. If you do have a bad ground it will work wonders. Being that your car is less than 5 years old, its highly unlikely that there is any corrosion affecting your ground.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're talking about a hyper ground kit (multiple ground wires running in a daisy chain) I doubt you'll see much of anything. With some cars I've seen people mention that their headlights no longer dim when the stereo is cranked up - though that doesn't seem the proper fix to me, but whatever - and I know a lot of people have made their own from 4 ga wire and gold terminals. In fact, I did this on my PT a few years ago and saw absolutely no difference, even though plenty of guys on various PT forums said it made a huge difference. Since I spent a whopping $10 on parts from a local car audio shop, and had a bunch of material left over, I wanted to see what such a system would to on our 1992 Chevy Camaro. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. The big goose egg.

Don't waste your time or money. Especially if you're looking for a horsepower gain out of it.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:00 PM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My personal favorite goose egg is the "vortex" intake you see on ebay. It's nothing but a piece of 2 or 3 inch pipe with one end cut into flanges that bend inwards in a spiral pattern. They say that it creates a vortex in your intake, increasing pressure, and somehow making the air go faster into your engine. Um, yeah. What do they think this is, a Dyson vaccuum? Give me a break. Anyone who knows anything about intakes and exhausts knows that turbulence in the air flow is a hp killer. Their vortex is nothing more than induced turbulence! Gee, not only do you spend money on an "improvement" it takes power away from you too! What a bargain.

It's right up there with those stickers that they sell to put on your cell phone that are supposed to increase range, sensitivity, reception, battery life, shield your head from microwave radiation and probably cure cancer. When will people stop believing in magic? If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. LOL

No offense to Charmander here. I don't think asking questions about grounding are dumb. I'm just laughing at some of the ridiculous scams that jerks try to perpetrate and make money off of unsuspecting people.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Forum Regular

ok i always felt the same about this grounding stuff but i recently was reading a magazine, cant remember which one but they had an s2000 they were building so after each mod they did a dyno, they put one of these grounding kits on it from hks if i remember correctly maybe greddy, but anyways it picked up 3hp at the wheels! now no doubt it might have bad grounding from the factory in the way its built but 3 hp at the wheels dyno proven? that made me rethink knocking stuff like that as quick. now the turbonator or whatever the hell it is that is junk and dyno proven junk at that lol. oh and dont knock the dyson! i love mine to death! you woulkdnt believe the **** that thing picks up its awesome! and when i put my dyson on the dyno with the turbonator installed and 40 ground wires attached... jk

Old 03-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Received 512 Likes on 353 Posts

I'm reving this thread as i cannot find much on the subject despite a long search.

I have a friend with a Ford Focus. His Forum/Club (yeah, they have one) has found that grounding the Throttle body to the Battery Neg post does much the same thing as a sprint booster.

One poster actually claimed a Dyno proven 3 HP at the wheel increase. I kinda doubt that but better throttle response would be a good thing in itself.

Has anyone tried this? Any possible damage?

Ideas?

roadster with a stick

Old 03-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think it will. I have nearly 150AMP draw with my audio system, and the lights do not dim at high volume. It is reasonable to assume the electrical system is quite robust.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by SRT6nTulsa
I don't think it will. I have nearly 150AMP draw with my audio system, and the lights do not dim at high volume. It is reasonable to assume the electrical system is quite robust.
Alex,

I'm not sure I want to trust your advice, given your new avatar picture.

As Ricki said to Lucy,"Ju got sum splainin' to do"

roadster with a stick

Old 03-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

C rap, total CR ap

Old 03-13-2009, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by waldig
C rap, total CR ap
I was kinda hoping you would tell me it wouldn't hurt anything to try. If it doesn't work then fine but....if it fries something, I'll be p!ssed.
Not looking for HP just better throttle response.
16" of #10 wire costs nothing.

roadster with a stick

Old 03-13-2009, 04:11 PM
She can ride with me ;)

Sorry Franc, but this is an urban myth that's been floating around for years. As Woody said, it's total crap.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by tom2112
Sorry Franc, but this is an urban myth that's been floating around for years. As Woody said, it's total crap.
So someone has tried it on a Crossfire? Not debating the point, just developing thought from new information.

My friend is trying it this week end as it is a hot issue on the Focus Forum since they came out with the fly by wire throttles on the new models.
I'm only looking to improve throttle response. Not HP.

I'm willing to try if it won't fry something.

And really, thanks for the input guys.

franc

Old 03-13-2009, 04:28 PM
She can ride with me ;)

I wouldn't advise it, Franc. I'd hate to see you mess up all that nice work LET/Eurocharged did for you!

If you want better throttle response, buy a SprintBooster. At least that's proven not to fry anything. Or better yet, talk to LET about changing your throttle map.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by tom2112
I wouldn't advise it, Franc. I'd hate to see you mess up all that nice work LET/Eurocharged did for you!

If you want better throttle response, buy a SprintBooster. At least that's proven not to fry anything. Or better yet, talk to LET about changing your throttle map.
Sounds like a good plan. I will have to drive all the way to Chicago in my Xfire.
Cathy hates staying at the Lodge in Starved Rock. But oh well.

One has to make sacrifices in life.

franc

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 03-13-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:06 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe that there are only about 4 of us on this forum that speak from actual knowledge/experience versus those that have read something or made up their mind that they know better. The hypervoltage system will do NO harm....I am coming up on 3 years since mine has been installed. While this has been discussed in several different threads, with just as much BS, you can go to the link below and see why I installed it and the results that I experienced:

click here, go to page 3, post #56 for pics of my install (I have since added an additional ground wire)
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...voltage+system

While I am not trying to start this whole peeing contest all over again, if you want to read through all 60 some posts of the above thread, those of us that have actually installed it are pleased with the results. I doubt that there is any HP/Torque gains to be had from it as the write-ups suggest. But I can attest to the steadier voltage.

Last edited by danimal; 03-13-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by danimal
I believe that there are only about 4 of us on this forum that speak from actual knowledge/experience versus those that have read something or made up their mind that they know better. The hypervoltage system will do NO harm....I am coming up on 3 years since mine has been installed. While this has been discussed in several different threads, with just as much BS, you can go to the link below and see why I installed it and the results that I experienced:

click here, go to page 3, post #56 for pics of my install (I have since added an additional ground wire)
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...voltage+system

While I am not trying to start this whole peeing contest all over again, if you want to read through all 60 some posts of the above thread, those of us that have actually installed it are pleased with the results. I doubt that there is any HP/Torque gains to be had from it as the write-ups suggest. But I can attest to the steadier voltage.
Thanks Danimal. At least I know if my curiosity overcomes previous advice, I won't fry the system. I think!?!

roadster with a stick

Old 03-13-2009, 06:42 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
Thanks Danimal. At least I know if my curiosity overcomes previous advice, I won't fry the system. I think!?!

roadster with a stick
LOL....it won't fry your system. I've done the TVT250 install and several other mods. Your systems are safe. You can check it out at the Dragon if you wish.

Old 03-13-2009, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by danimal
LOL....it won't fry your system. I've done the TVT250 install and several other mods. Your systems are safe. You can check it out at the Dragon if you wish.
I can't hardly wait.

See you there!

roadster with a stick

Old 03-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So Bottom Line Is This Negative Is Negative And Positive Is Positive As Long As Your Using The Car As Ground. The Electronic Systems Could Be Different Right. Oh Well It Will Not Hurt As Long As The Above Is A Consideration. But Don't Known If I'm Right Not One Of The Top Four.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:41 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stickers add 5 HP each...

Quick Reply: does the grounding cable give any hp?