Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

New To Forum

Old 02-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New To Forum

Hey,
Just put up my first post today, but have been looking around for awhile, I will be posting some pic's of my alabaster 05 limited coupe, have done some custom vinyl thats pretty cool. I actually have to bring on into the dealer to get the 3rd brake light assembley replaced light is dim and some of LED's are out.(warranty covered).

Old 02-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: New To Forum

Welcome to the forum. Can't wait to see the pics.

Old 02-28-2008, 01:00 PM

Hi and welcome from a fellow New Yorker. Where are you located? I'm near Albany NY. Enjy your new ride!!!!!

Old 02-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome! Can wait to see pics of the custom vinyl. Where is the vinyl?

Old 02-28-2008, 01:18 PM

Im actually living in Albany Right off of central ave., I have the vinyl on both sides on the front fenders "3.2L V6 Limited" pretty sick. Also have some more in the works that will be put on after winter; So you will have to wait till then to see. I will post some pics of it when I get Home.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:03 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 483 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by N.Y.XFIRE
Hey,
Just put up my first post today, but have been looking around for awhile, I will be posting some pic's of my alabaster 05 limited coupe, have done some custom vinyl thats pretty cool. I actually have to bring on into the dealer to get the 3rd brake light assembly replaced light is dim and some of LED's are out.(warranty covered).
Welcome...I see you have been a member since last April. Glad to see you finally introduced yourself here.
I got my 04 Coupe last April but didn't discover the forum until July. Gary

Old 02-28-2008, 02:47 PM

Yeah,
Ive been more of the reader then anything, I just thought it was time to chime in and help out the group by actually contributing something there are alot of good ideas floating around this site. I actually might plan on going to a couple of meets this year!(hopefully) hope to hear from everyone on my custom vinyl job's....wich i still have to post w/ more to come

Old 02-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Re: New To Forum

Yeah,
Ive been more of the reader then anything, I just thought it was time to chime in and help out the group by actually contributing something there are a lot of good ideas floating around this site. I actually might plan on going to a couple of meets this year!(hopefully) hope to hear from everyone on my custom vinyl job's....which i still have to post w/ more to come
Welcome to the Forum & Congrats on a Great Choice!

I signed up on the Forum in April 2005, when I bought my first Xfire, but let this Great Forum lie until last June 2007 & I've been kind of active since then.

BTW Any chance you can make it to the Dragon Weekend Fest in April & join 50+ other Crossfires in the Mountains? (Click on the Url below, for complete info on this Great Event!)

Bill (SF)

Last edited by SilverFox; 02-28-2008 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Thumbs down Re: New To Forum

Ok, nobody's said it yet, so here goes: VINYL on a Crossfire? That is just tacky! This thing isn't a Mustang, Honda, Charger, or other such car. It used to be a luxury sports coupe priced in the upper 30s! Would you put vinyl on a Porsche, MB, BMW, or even a Corvette? NO!! I caught hell from forum members when I added a Mercedes "V6 Kompressor" badge to my car, and that came from a Mercedes! What's next, a vinyl dragon, or flying fist or something? Another indication that the once tasteful, luxury vehicle has fallen to the level of Eclipses and Civics. Just terrible!

I've seen the very subtle vinyl stripes on the rocker panels of a couple Xfires. Those aren't too ridiculous, but advertising "V6 Limited?" Ooh, really? The look of the car alone should advertise that it's special.

I think we should start a completely new section entitled "Tuner Town" or "Sick Riderz Sektion."

Here's what Xfires will be looking like pretty soon:
http://www.edmunds.com/media/reviews...urious.500.jpg

Last edited by cgocifer; 02-28-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by cgocifer
Ok, nobody's said it yet, so here goes: VINYL on a Crossfire? That is just tacky! This thing isn't a Mustang, Honda, Charger, or other such car. It used to be a luxury sports coupe priced in the upper 30s! Would you put vinyl on a Porsche, MB, BMW, or even a Corvette? NO!! I caught hell from forum members when I added a Mercedes "V6 Kompressor" badge to my car, and that came from a Mercedes! What's next, a vinyl dragon, or flying fist or something? Another indication that the once tasteful, luxury vehicle has fallen to the level of Eclipses and Civics. Just terrible!

I've seen the very subtle vinyl stripes on the rocker panels of a couple Xfires. Those aren't too ridiculous, but advertising "V6 Limited?" Ooh, really? The look of the car alone should advertise that it's special.

I think we should start a completely new section entitled "Tuner Town" or "Sick Riderz Sektion."

Here's what Xfires will be looking like pretty soon:
http://www.edmunds.com/media/reviews...urious.500.jpg
First off dont bash what you havent even seen yet, were do come off saying it looks like a tuner.....man ignorant people like yourself make people not want to join in this place! putting a "V6 Kompressor" badge on something thats not "at least mine says what it is and not really what it isn't! Soo it from a merecedes so it should be fine....putting carbon fiber dash kits in dont make it look like a tuner either..... man, your an ***! go bash someone else! I think we should start a new section entitled "***hole's"

Last edited by RPM; 02-29-2008 at 07:02 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:27 AM

welcome!!!!!!

Old 02-29-2008, 06:22 AM

First off dont bash what you havent even seen yet, were do come off saying it looks like a tuner.....man ignorant people like yourself make people not want to join in this place! putting a "V6 Kompressor" badge on something thats not "at least mine says what it is and not really what it isn't! Soo it from a merecedes so it should be fine....putting carbon fiber dash kits in dont make it look like a tuner either..... man, your an ***! go bash someone else! I think we should start a new section entitled "*******'s"
Hey N.Y.XFIRE,

Let's call a truce, you are correct, this Forum is open to All Ideas, None Are Good Nor Bad, they are just Ideas!
& We All Have Different Tastes on this Forum, that's what makes it so Great!

Welcome again to the Great Forum & thanks for wanting to Share!

If it wasn't for wanting to share, this Forum would Not Exist!

My Best,
Bill (SF)

Old 02-29-2008, 06:28 AM

Congratulations and welcome to our forum.

Try to ignore some of the less cooler heads around here lately. Let's see some pictures of your work and then we each can figure out if we like it or not. If someone dislikes it, that's your personal taste. State that you don't like it and leave it at that. Don't denigrate someone else just because they have different tastes. Respect their opinion!!!

What the hell is happening to this forum?

It use to be a place I really looked forward to visiting every day to learn more about my beloved XFire and maybe make some new friends. Now it seems we are having more and more FIENDS going at each other on a totally personal level.

Can't we keep things on a higher level, not personal, and agree to disagree when necessitated?

Remember, this forum is all about this car:

Last edited by xfire2005; 02-29-2008 at 10:03 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:35 AM
Talking Re: New To Forum

Originally Posted by xfire2005
Congratulations and welcome to our forum.

Try to ignore some of the less cooler heads around here lately. Let's see some pictures of your work and then we each can figure out if we like it or not. If someone dislikes it, that's your personal taste. State that you don't like it and leave it at that. Don't denigrate someone else just because they have different tastes. Respect their opinion!!!

What the hell is happening to this forum?

It use to be a place I really looked forward to visiting every day to learn more about my beloved XFire and maybe make some new friends. Now it seems we are having more and more FIENDS going at each other on a totally personal level.

Can't we keep things on a higher level, not personal, and agree to disagree when neccesitated?

Remember, this forum is all about this car:

Spoken like a true gentlemen. thanks for the warm welcome....why dont we wait until you get to see the work before you state your opinions....and the vinyl that is on my car is less noticable the vinyl stripes on the bottom of the frame! pics to come this afternoon when i take the pics. Dont get me wrong i would like to hear everyones opinion...but just look @ it first before you go calling the x-fire a Ricer! thats just wrong

Old 02-29-2008, 07:02 AM
RPM

Welcome to the forum NY.
How about some pics of this vinyl?

Old 02-29-2008, 07:23 AM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum NY.

Don't take any of the bashing to heart. Some of it is even in jest when the little emote is included. I keep forgetting which one it is this one??--> It was decided awhile ago in another thread.

Nonetheless, welcome and there's a lot to learn here.

adoni

Old 02-29-2008, 07:36 AM

My apologies, that wasn't very gentlemanly of me. It just gets very frustrating when I see some of the recent mods circulating from the younger crowd who now have access to this once expensive car. As for the Kompressor badges, you do have some learning to do. The SRT-6 mostly is a Mercedes AMG vehicle (yes, it is a Chrysler, but mostly by name, underneath the skin it is all German). By adding the MB badge and keeping all of the original badges, a subtle link is established that signifies the once joined efforts of Chrysler and MB. I never said your decals didn't belong, just that I don't care for vinyl on a luxury sports car. Again, this is just my opinion. It may look great to some, but I just don't care for vinyl stickers. If I were to do that I would use some actual badges, perhaps the "V6" portion of the "V6 Kompressor" badges. If a mod doesn't look as if it came on the car from the factory, than perhaps it shouldn't be there.

Much of my post was satire (hence, the emoticons) and a bit over the top on purpose.

Didn't mean to get you all riled up, post some pics, then we can all decide.

Last edited by cgocifer; 02-29-2008 at 07:38 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by cgocifer
My apologies, that wasn't very gentlemanly of me. It just gets very frustrating when I see some of the recent mods circulating from the younger crowd who now have access to this once expensive car. As for the Kompressor badges, you do have some learning to do. The SRT-6 mostly is a Mercedes AMG vehicle (yes, it is a Chrysler, but mostly by name, underneath the skin it is all German). By adding the MB badge and keeping all of the original badges, a subtle link is established that signifies the once joined efforts of Chrysler and MB. I never said your decals didn't belong, just that I don't care for vinyl on a luxury sports car. Again, this is just my opinion. It may look great to some, but I just don't care for vinyl stickers. If I were to do that I would use some actual badges, perhaps the "V6" portion of the "V6 Kompressor" badges. If a mod doesn't look as if it came on the car from the factory, than perhaps it shouldn't be there.

Much of my post was satire (hence, the emoticons) and a bit over the top on purpose.

Didn't mean to get you all riled up, post some pics, then we can all decide.
Thank you, spoken as a true gentleman and a real XFire lover!

Old 02-29-2008, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by xfire2005
Thank you, spoken as a true gentleman and a real XFire lover!
Ditto!

Old 02-29-2008, 09:42 AM

here is a pic taken with my camera phone will get nicer pics up in warmer weather below zero here today.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
0229081251.jpg (138.0 KB, 29 views)

Quick Reply: New To Forum