Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Daimler 20% in or all gone??

Old 07-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daimler 20% in or all gone??

Saw a thread the other day about Daimler being 20% owner still ? Is this correct? I thought they said bye bye when they sold out about a yr. ago. If still in for 20% mabey we have some hope for parts from Germany as needed in the future especially for those on a hard to find basis here in the U.S.!!
Crossfireone

Old 07-21-2008, 11:36 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Daimler 20% in or all gone??

I think I remember reading that somewhere too. Maybe Newsweek or something.

I know they do have little ownership left I just didn't know the exact percentage.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually it is 19.9% but 20% is commonly thrown around.

Here ya go...if you want to read about it.
http://www.daimler.com/dccom/0-5-717...0-0-0-0-0.html

Last edited by 70GT6; 07-21-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Forum Regular

Yes its about 19.8 % that Daimler still holds of Chrysler. Cerberus holds the other 80 %. Daimler was the worst possible thing that happened to Chrysler. When they merged Daimler was in financial trouble & Chrysler was the most profitable car company on the planet (even more so than Toyota is today). Also Chrysler had about 9 billion dollars in the bank, that Daimler basically stole and used to strengthen their financial health, and the money was supposed to be used for future Chrysler product & R&D. Daimler basically looted chrysler for their technology & cash & cheapened Chryslers products, as not compete with Daimler products. Basically the only good thing that came from that "merger" is the crossfire! I hope Cerberus buy's out the remaining 19.8% because Cerberus actually wants Chrysler to be competitive, unlike Daimler. I'm also on the Chrysler advisory board, and there's lots of new and exciting things happening with the new Chrysler.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:50 PM
Received 512 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by antonio311
Yes its about 19.8 % that Daimler still holds of Chrysler. Cerberus holds the other 80 %. Daimler was the worst possible thing that happened to Chrysler. When they merged Daimler was in financial trouble & Chrysler was the most profitable car company on the planet (even more so than Toyota is today). Also Chrysler had about 9 billion dollars in the bank, that Daimler basically stole and used to strengthen their financial health, and the money was supposed to be used for future Chrysler product & R&D. Daimler basically looted chrysler for their technology & cash & cheapened Chryslers products, as not compete with Daimler products. Basically the only good thing that came from that "merger" is the crossfire! I hope Cerberus buy's out the remaining 19.8% because Cerberus actually wants Chrysler to be competitive, unlike Daimler. I'm also on the Chrysler advisory board, and there's lots of new and exciting things happening with the new Chrysler.
I noticed that Diamler kept the truck (Freightliner) division. Was that a good or bad thing for chrysler/Cerberus?

roadster with a stick

Old 07-21-2008, 08:00 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by antonio311
This sounds bass-ackwards

Old 07-22-2008, 05:10 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jeep2Xfire
This sounds bass-ackwards
Nope, it's how the cookie crumbled and why Chrysler's in trouble.