Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

I saw one!

Old 09-19-2008, 11:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I saw one!

I saw an SLK yesterday at the nearby hospital. We had little time to spare so I had no time to compare much but I did pull up behind it momentarily.

I saw nothing that would make me want to swap my gorgeous red 2008 Crossfire Coupe for one of them. The rear end and rear window are too plain, the wheels are not even as attractive. Later in the day I had intended to make the close comparison but, alas, it was gone. Maybe another time? Until then I am positive that we own a prettier car for half of the money the SLK owner has in his car (remember that I got ours for $22,290 plus tax, shipping and license).

The shop received the replacement wheel for the one I damaged on the recent Seattle trip. They mounted and balanced it yesterday with a front end alignment check to be done Monday. The bill was just over $600 so be gentle with your wheels. While they are really stout you can cosmetically damage them rather easily.

I have the photos and instructions from our forum to putty the damage, primer, paint and clear coat it. In the authors pictures you could not see the original scuffed area, it looked perfect again. I intend to try it and will post the results when I finish--which will be this winter I'm certain.

Jim

Old 09-20-2008, 05:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I saw one!

I think I have you beat. I parked next to a CL wearing a 65AMG badge. Sharp car for sure. Still like the lines of the XF better. Wish I had that engine though. We were at a restaurant out my way so I sat next to the window to see who got into the CL. When he came out he gave the XF a walk around and got in the CL and drove off.