Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Need info on the Crossfire!

Old 09-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need info on the Crossfire!

first off, hello everyone. i'm looking to buy a Crossfire and have some questions on its configuration. i understand that it doesnt use rack and pinion steering but instead it uses recirculating ball. how well does it perform? also, what sort of suspension set up does it have up front and out back? power isnt a main concern for me, i care more about handling for corner carving. double a-arm up front and out back, ifs/irs for the win!! btw, i'm hoping its handling performs within range of some of my prior cars, a 95 3000GT VR-4 and a 99 Miata. i'm actually selling my 03 mustang GT because of its horrible handling....

Old 09-27-2008, 05:14 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need info on the Crossfire!

Originally Posted by ShinobiOfLegends
first off, hello everyone. i'm looking to buy a Crossfire and have some questions on its configuration. i understand that it doesnt use rack and pinion steering but instead it uses recirculating ball. how well does it perform? also, what sort of suspension set up does it have up front and out back? power isnt a main concern for me, i care more about handling for corner carving. double a-arm up front and out back, ifs/irs for the win!! btw, i'm hoping its handling performs within range of some of my prior cars, a 95 3000GT VR-4 and a 99 Miata. i'm actually selling my 03 mustang GT because of its horrible handling....
Take a test drive - it's the only way you will know. The rest is just talk.

A search on the web "Chrysler Crossfire" will get you everything you'd ever want to know. The Road and Track web site has the specs and a document message in the SRT forum has the owners manual and repair manuals that will give you plenty.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:28 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ShinobiOfLegends
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...3/pageId=56846

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNr8qH0d--Y

i'd suggest researching crossfire stuff yorself, instead of asking others what they think about it, we all love our cars here

Old 09-27-2008, 06:05 AM

Welcome Legends !
There is a wealth of knowledge here ! Most topics related to the XFire have been discussed numerous times and this is where the search engine function comes in handy. As you've already noticed some of our members get a lil off center when a discussion topic or question has been raised over an issue previously hashed several times over.
Yes the steering mechanism is ole school but it works just fine, test drive one of these lil beauties and you'll see why we think so highly of this car.

Again Welcome to the Forum and good luck in your quest

Just my Dos Centavos