Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

How much should I pay?

Old 09-30-2008, 12:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much should I pay?

First post, hopefully not my last..

I'm planning on purchasing a 2005 Crossfire coupe with automatic from a used dealership. Its in great condition ascetically. Good tires, and nothing that's really raising any flags for me.

What I am confused about though, is how much I should pay. It has 57,000 KMs and is for sale at $15,000 Canadian. From what I've seen on the forum however, many Crossfires are selling for quite a bit less. If I were to offer $14,000 firm - would I be getting a good deal?

It'll be my first new car, so I'm a bit anxious. And aside from expensive oil changes, expensive tires, and expensive insurance - I want a Crossfire real bad.

Let me know what you guys think I should pay!

Thank you.

http://www.billmcmurrayauto.com/en/u...spy?id=2128566

Old 09-30-2008, 04:44 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How much should I pay?

A good deal is perception. It's also vehicle dependant. You could probably knock them down on the price because of the time of year alone. Are you going to drive it this winter? I personally paid about $1500 more than average when I bought mine because I felt like the particular car was worth it. Good luck.

Originally Posted by Wielgosz
First post, hopefully not my last..

I'm planning on purchasing a 2005 Crossfire coupe with automatic from a used dealership. Its in great condition ascetically. Good tires, and nothing that's really raising any flags for me.

What I am confused about though, is how much I should pay. It has 57,000 KMs and is for sale at $15,000 Canadian. From what I've seen on the forum however, many Crossfires are selling for quite a bit less. If I were to offer $14,000 firm - would I be getting a good deal?

It'll be my first new car, so I'm a bit anxious. And aside from expensive oil changes, expensive tires, and expensive insurance - I want a Crossfire real bad.

Thank you.

http://www.billmcmurrayauto.com/en/u...spy?id=2128566

Old 09-30-2008, 05:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm planning on purchasing a 2005 Crossfire coupe with automatic from a used dealership. would I be getting a good deal?

It'll be my first new car, so I'm a bit anxious.

Thank you.
First a good deal is one YOU are happy with NOT what someone else says, do some research and have an idea about what you want and some prices and if you find the (in this instance a car) thing you like and like the price you negotiated take it home and don't revisit the issue because someone will always say they got or saw a better deal so don't pay any attention.

Second, just a question but first "NEW CAR" ?

Third... ENJOY !!!!

Old 09-30-2008, 06:48 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Kelly Bluebook is $18,000.00 USD for retail.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by PAULW
First a good deal is one YOU are happy with NOT what someone else says, do some research and have an idea about what you want and some prices and if you find the (in this instance a car) thing you like and like the price you negotiated take it home and don't revisit the issue because someone will always say they got or saw a better deal so don't pay any attention.

Second, just a question but first "NEW CAR" ?

Third... ENJOY !!!!
You're right. I think the car is good, the price is average, and in the end I get a rarer car that I probably won't be able to find used in the future.

And yup, this'll be my first 'new car' - so to speak. I'm 19, and this Crossfire is used, but I've been cruising around in a 1994 Bonneville for the past couple years, so it'll definitely be a nice and welcomed change.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're right. I think the car is good, the price is average, and in the end I get a rarer car that I probably won't be able to find used in the future.

And yup, this'll be my first 'new car' - so to speak. I'm 19, and this Crossfire is used, but I've been cruising around in a 1994 Bonneville for the past couple years, so it'll definitely be a nice and welcomed change.

You will love the XF, as soon as you bring her home post a picture for us.

Paul

Old 09-30-2008, 03:41 PM

$15k in american dollars is too high for those miles IMO. I'm unsure how it converts to canadian.