Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfire will not Start

Old 10-12-2008, 06:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Crossfire will not Start

I have a 2005 Crossfire and I had a dead battery last week I don’t use the car much some times I don’t use it for 3 months but anyway this is what happened. I seem to have a problem with the battery since it started not to hold a charge so the last time that happened I decided to started in gear. It just rolled out of my garage down my driveway and it started. I had it in first gear and it started just fine so I went to order a new battery and came home and parked the car but the car this time was not baked in. When I got a call that the battery was in I went in my garage to drive the car to the dealer the battery was dead again so I tried to jump the battery but the battery was taking to long to charge so I decided to started just like the last time. I slipped the car in reverse and rolled the car out of the garage but the car did not start at all this time. I went and picked up the new battery and installed in the car but now the car will not start it is getting spark and all the fuses are good and the motor is turning over fast just like is missing something but remember is getting spark and I m stuck. Dose anybody know if the car has protection against a manual start in reverse and will a reset solve the problem? I could really use the help the only dealer around hire in 40 miles and I asked a lot of questions there and I did not get any answers I will appreciate some help.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire will not Start

Welcome to the forum.
Do a search for mystery no start.. Go under the hood and lift off the cover on the left side near the firewall.
There should be two computer boxes in there. Give them a tap with a mallet to see if you have the same problem as all the others on here. If it works order a new controller and post back here.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Unhappy Re: Crossfire will not Start

Thanks I tried your fix but no luck.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

LOL! Probably because he used a mallet!
Way to go crossfirefun!

lasmarble spray some starting fluid into the throttle body see if it starts while spraying. Fuel problem if it does.

Good luck!

Old 07-13-2011, 09:51 PM

I have the same problem. My crossffire starts sometimes but will die if i do not add fuel through the throttle body.. what kind of fuel problem could cause this? Thanks for your input

Old 07-13-2011, 11:18 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Fuel pump or regulator/filter.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:55 PM

If you are turning the engine over, have spark, and it does not start you must not have fuel. Make sure the fuel pump is running and you have fuel pressure. Unless something big has happened it should start and run. check timing. Pull the #1 plug rotate engine until timing mark lines up on crank, piston should be very close to TDC, if it is not maybe you have a broke timing chain. Very unlikely, but still posible. If you have air, fuel, and spark, and turn the crank it will run.