Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

i do believe someone has succesfully turbocharged their crossfire

Old 11-12-2008, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i do believe someone has succesfully turbocharged their crossfire

i ran into this video on youtube i havnt seen it before but i did see a turbocharged engine bay maybe twin turboed. could this be history in the makeing

here is the link i highly reccomend using the full screen and pausing it just right to catch the engine bay. oh and by the way my guess is that this car is pushing at least 400 hp my guess is 550hp because of the also installed nitrous tank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6bm6vRXobQ

Old 11-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Re: i do believe someone has succesfully turbocharged their crossfire

Yep. Big a$$ blow off valves on the intake. Looks like there's a turbo in there somewhere.

Can't say it's successful till ya see it drive. I've seen show cars that were all show and no go.

Here's more on this car...
Out of all the absolutely amazing cars at the Build-Off, nothing was quite a jaw-dropping as 6th Avenue Electronics' bright yellow pearl, highly modified Chrysler Crossfire. A slight fender bender sometime between last year's competition and this one sent the car to the body shop, but 6th Ave didn't just get the car repaired. No, that would have been too easy... The team decided to take advantage of the bad situation and had a ton of custom body work laid down on the Chrysler coupe. A custom all-metal widebody gave the car a new aggressive stance, a set of actual Ferrari 360 taillights were grafted on to the rear, and the front end was massaged and chopped to expose the dual front-mount intercoolers for the twin-turbo set-up 6th Ave added to the stout 6-cylinder. The custom headlight air intakes are truly trick. Follow the jump to check out the video and a small gallery!

Old 11-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by supercrossfire
i ran into this video on youtube i havnt seen it before but i did see a turbocharged engine bay maybe twin turboed. could this be history in the makeing

here is the link i highly reccomend using the full screen and pausing it just right to catch the engine bay. oh and by the way my guess is that this car is pushing at least 400 hp my guess is 550hp because of the also installed nitrous tank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6bm6vRXobQ
lol too bad they could never get it to run correctly with twin turbos lol gets the ugliest crossfire vote do a quick search there are many threads on this

Old 11-13-2008, 07:05 AM
Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

why do the people with the money to do stuff like this always always always have the worst taste?

Old 11-13-2008, 07:08 AM

Because people with taste are mostly consumers

Old 11-13-2008, 07:14 AM
Forum Regular

SO they put the twin turbo in but the car doesn't run??

What a **** tease!!

What the hell is the point than?

Old 11-13-2008, 07:30 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it is just a hideous show car, they do not care if it runs or not. the turbo is just for looks so all the ricers at the shows can say "fo'shizzle that be mad tyte yo!"

Old 11-13-2008, 07:44 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
"fo'shizzle"
You crack me up!

Old 11-13-2008, 07:49 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm still trying to figure out what the heck he said.... guess I'm too old.

MikeR

Old 11-13-2008, 05:44 PM

Yep, ugliest Crossfire ever... Actually, I'm not sure there is enough original Crossfire left to still be a Crossfire. At least I feel better knowing the Crossfire is well hidden under this monstrosity.

Oh, it NEVER ran under boost. All Show, No Go, No Taste, No Restraint.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:31 PM
TVT_DESIGN

Same company did my exhaust, my car was actually the idea behind that turbo build, but it had a 15K+ price tag.

They never got it to run, but it looks amazing. They were the first to have an 800 or 900 HP RX8 and tons of other ridiculous cars.

I remember going in their shop one day and they had a turbo the size of my head going on a Supra.

Check out their site, they had BMW 8 series turbos and were finishing up an Audi A6 when I was there.

Acosta used to be in Lodi, NJ but moved to Miami I think.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
They never got it to run, but it looks amazing. They were the first to have an 800 or 900 HP RX8 and tons of other ridiculous cars.

I remember going in their shop one day and they had a turbo the size of my head going on a Supra.

Check out their site, they had BMW 8 series turbos and were finishing up an Audi A6 when I was there.
They could do all that and not get it to work right on a Crossfire? Uh...

Old 11-14-2008, 02:19 AM
Forum Regular

Lol they couldn't get it to run? It's a 10 year old Mercedes engine it didn't come from mars. Doesn't say much about there ability then I guess. Unless theres no turbos just a bunch of yellow pipes and BOV's that are run by a speaker rather then air pressure

Old 11-14-2008, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by kolevski
Lol they couldn't get it to run? It's a 10 year old Mercedes engine it didn't come from mars. Doesn't say much about there ability then I guess. Unless theres no turbos just a bunch of yellow pipes and BOV's that are run by a speaker rather then air pressure
You obviously don't know anything about these cars computers then... go read up about it.. no one has been successful.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:49 AM

That car reminds me of the hideous "pimp my ride" cars. I would never ever drive such a distastefully customized vehicle.

It's lunchtime, and I've lost my appetite.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:57 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

For 15k it looked amazing but didn't run? That's funny.
Pat

Old 11-14-2008, 12:35 PM
Life is random...so am I.

Not this freakin' thing again!

This was the first example of someone saying "I'm gonna turbo my Crossfire no matter what any of you say!" soon to be followed by them disappearing from the forum after they found out nobody has cracked the Mercedes PCM.

Apparently we're not as stupid as some people seem to think.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:07 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nox1s
You obviously don't know anything about these cars computers then... go read up about it.. no one has been successful.

You're right I dont have a clue about the computer on it, BUT a company like this that spent a small fourtune on doing this Crossfire up and bragging so much, then not being able to get it running? For that amount of money they could have put in a whole new computer system.

The Startech people put in 6.1ltr V8's in a crossfire and these guys cant even manage to turbo charge it with all the knowledge they apparently have? I'm not being a hater just speaking my mind.

Old 11-14-2008, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by kolevski
You're right I dont have a clue about the computer on it, BUT a company like this that spent a small fourtune on doing this Crossfire up and bragging so much, then not being able to get it running? For that amount of money they could have put in a whole new computer system.
This was a show car. There's probably so much bondo on this thing that a few laps around Road America would crack the bodywork into bits. If you've ever seen the car being built, it has gigantic twin intercoolers (sized far too large for even 2 bar boost). It has two enormous blow-off valves on a single intake (even 800hp Supras make do with a single BOV). Look at those turbos - even if they were the largest hybrid turbos ever made (I don't think they are - based on the size of the hot side, either the turbos are T4's (way oversize) or T3's with small compressors) those external wastegates are far too large for that kind of exhaust flow.

It's a rolling joke, made to be outrageous, don't try to take it seriously

Old 11-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Life is random...so am I.

Originally Posted by sonoronos
This was a show car. There's probably so much bondo on this thing that a few laps around Road America would crack the bodywork into bits. If you've ever seen the car being built, it has gigantic twin intercoolers (sized far too large for even 2 bar boost). It has two enormous blow-off valves on a single intake (even 800hp Supras make do with a single BOV). Look at those turbos - even if they were the largest hybrid turbos ever made (I don't think they are - based on the size of the hot side, either the turbos are T4's (way oversize) or T3's with small compressors) those external wastegates are far too large for that kind of exhaust flow.

It's a rolling joke, made to be outrageous, don't try to take it seriously

Well stated.

Let me add on , if I may.

This rolling monstrosity also had about 1000 pounds of stereo and electronic entertainment equipment thrown into it. After all....it was mainly funded by 5th Ave. an electronics company.

If these people were such great car customizers.......wouldn't you think they would have verified their ability to customize the PCM before they dumped a boatload of cash into building it?

Quick Reply: i do believe someone has succesfully turbocharged their crossfire