Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

New Owner, just want to say thanks!!!

Old 12-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner, just want to say thanks!!!

Hello,

Wanted to say thank you for all the great info on this forum during my search for an affordable sports car for nice weather driving. You guys are very informative and seem to be very knowledgeable on all the topics I was interested in. I didn't have to ask any questions, because the answers were already there!!! (if you use the search function).

I am the proud new owner of a 2005 Limited Coupe 6-speed Stick with 18,000 miles on it. It's black with the black and red interior. Everything is stock on it and looks like it was very well taken care of. My only complaint is the original owner got some curb rash on the front driver's side rim about halfway around it . I am going to look into getting that repaired or just try to buy a "new" one on ebay. I had the pleasure of driving it 100 miles to get it home, but alas it is in my garage until spring because it's a bit cold and icey here in Ohio.

I already know I am going to be in the need of new tires before I start driving it this spring. Lots of good information on these forums for that. I'll end up with some type of all weather tire I am thinking just in case I get caught in the rain or the Kumho's because they fit a nice price range and I have used this brand before and been very happy on the Mazda 3s. I also plan on doing the capacitor speaker mod that most people rant and rave about. And the only other task I want to complete this winter is to swap the head unit using a DIY tutorial that was provided here. Can't live without MP3 capabilities.

I haven't verfied that my radiator fan is working yet either since it has been so cold outside for the fan to kick on. I see there is a TSB out that affects my specific car and am afraid I may have to spend some money to get that fixed. I don't want to take any chances on overheating this summer.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Hope to become as knowledgable as some as you after being an onwer for a while and start contributing to the forum.

Thanks again,
Chad

Old 12-22-2008, 04:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New Owner, just want to say thanks!!!

Welcome! Good name you have there, that's my son's name also! I have read that curb rash can be fixed, either google it or search here. I think when I first got my car a few months back, the cost was I like 100/120 per wheel and I had damage on all four corners. Decided to go aftermarket. Cheapest I saw on new or refurbed wheels was around 170. Think about it first, you may want to swapem' out for something else. You'll lose many nights sleep like I did trying to decide!

Old 12-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Forum Regular

welcome to the forum and if you don't mind me asking what type of deal did you get on the car i am trying to gauge our cars resale value.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 480 Likes on 333 Posts

Welcome !
Glad you found a nice Crossfire and also glad you were able to find out all the things you wanted to know using the search feature.
As long as you are here you will always be kept up to date with everything Crossfire related.
Also consider joining CICCI
It' a new Crossfire club made up of members here and it's growing fast.

Gary

Old 12-22-2008, 04:18 PM

I have been eyeballing the black rims with the polished silver edge. About 700 bucks for 20s on ebay. I'd rther have them in 19s all around though. I have all winter to keep looking. Pretty convinced I am gonna put Kumhos on whatever I buy though.

I paid $10,900 from a small dealership in Ohio. It came directly from a Chrystler Auction and had one owner. I also got the 7 year / 70,000 powertrain warranty with it. Hope that helps for your comparison.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:30 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Xfirecoupe, welcome to the forum. There's another forum member who lives in Amherst, "Fritzauf", shoot him a PM. Some of us N.E. Ohio XF owners get together from time to time for a little dinner cruise, and it would be great to add you to our merry band of misfits.
Most of us don't drive our cars in the winter, but that doesn't stop us from getting together.
I look forward to meeting you, we share the same interior colors.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:30 PM
Forum Regular

i would have to say you got a good price on your end at $10,900 did you buy it from a dealership or direct from auction. enjoy your car you got a steal on it.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:37 PM

+fireamx, that sounds great. Looking forward to it. Local car clubs are great.

faiz23, I got it from the dealership, they got it from auction last friday and I picked it up saturday. I do feel like I got a very good deal on that car with that kind of mileage. Thanks for the input.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Forum Regular

Congrats on the great deal on a GREAT car and WELCOME to the BEST Crossfire Forum..!

Be sure to send me a PM. Amherst, OH Crossfire owners have to stick together.

I look forward to meeting you. Lots of great people on this Forum... Now the FUN begins..!

Old 12-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

welcome aboard my friend....it only gets better from here on....

Old 12-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

Welcome to the forum Xfirecoupe. Someone has previously posted this info on the repair of road rash and it looks good, half a wheel is a lot but maybe you are up to it.
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/ext43.shtml
We aim to please.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:59 PM

Yeah, I saw that link before, but I think I would rather spend around a hundred bux and get it professionally done or at least done by someone who has done it before. If it's much more than a 100 dollars, I might hawk ebay for a rim for about 220 shipped.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:01 PM

Welcome Chad, congrats on a great buy. Like VALKRYDERGUY said consider joining CICCI we will be accepting regular membership come Feb. if you don't want to join as a charter member.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by acrispy1
Welcome Chad, congrats on a great buy. Like VALKRYDERGUY said consider joining CICCI we will be accepting regular membership come Feb. if you don't want to join as a charter member.
Chad, Forum member "Towncrier" replaced one of his wheels thru a place not far from where he lived. He lives near the Turn Pike in Twinsburg (I think.) Maybe if you PM him he can give you the exact location, or at least their phone#. John's a great guy, and I know he'd be glad to help.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:17 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Wow! Thought that all of the basic xfire names would have been taken by now. Good score on the forum handle 'xfirecoupe', and on the car.
Seems you already know your way around the forum so no need to tell ya about all the great info and folks here (doh!).
Glad you've joined us!
"See" ya on the forum!

Old 12-22-2008, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Chad, Forum member "Towncrier" replaced one of his wheels thru a place not far from where he lived. He lives near the Turn Pike in Twinsburg (I think.) Maybe if you PM him he can give you the exact location, or at least their phone#. John's a great guy, and I know he'd be glad to help.
Thanks for the tip!! I believe I found those people on ebay. They are in Macedonia and they actually have a reconditioned front rim up right now. I'm gonna give them a call after the holidays and see about either purchasing a reconditioned rim or have them recondition my 2 front rims during the winter months.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Chad and welcome to the information highway!

Old 12-23-2008, 02:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum. You should find all the info you ever need here and if not we will find it together.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:37 AM

Welcome to your More Grins per Mile Support Group ! Congrats on your new ride !

Old 12-23-2008, 08:01 AM
Life is random...so am I.

Welcome to your newest addiction!

Originally Posted by xfirecoupe
I didn't have to ask any questions, because the answers were already there!!! (if you use the search function).
I like you already!!

Quick Reply: New Owner, just want to say thanks!!!