Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

UK rip off continues.....thank you chrysler

Old 09-16-2003, 04:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are pefectly correct, Magazines what do they know Jeremy Clarkson I have heard has said it will be a winner and is a stunning car, and that gives it great creditability in the UK. The thing to remember is that if your first in the batch, you quite likely will be able to move it on at a profit. Now that says something about it!!!!!!

Originally Posted by xfirefan
Good on ya Harry give em hell. Yeah that would be great if you could tell me what its like cause everything Ive read about it just contradicts itself one minute the motoring press say they like it next they dont. I dont think they really like anything unless it can do 200 mph, o-60 in 3sec with the comfort of a luxury yacht

Old 09-16-2003, 05:00 PM
Ken

May I say this forum is excellent source of information and opinion.

I placed my order in April with a deposit and was told that mine will be Jan 04 delivery, which is OK for what appeared to be a exciting looking car and attractive price package..... But things are looking a lot less exciting and attractive!!!!

Like Marc-Uk I am becoming concerned with Chrysler. I am a Merc fan and have been driving Mercs both New and Old for nearly 10 years so felt comfortable with the new Chrysler Crossfire, as a merc in drag with great styling. Butccccc.

It would appear that Chrysler have move quickly from concept to production and over looked the details such as
Early adopter support
Customer care
Global communication
Specification and pricing awareness with comparisons

I got the silver tin, dented, but nice idea.

I went to the open morning at the Daimler-Benz to see a Crossfire. Not a particularly friendly welcome and low involvement from the Chrysler folk who would answer questions but not seek involvement with us the customers. It was apparent that the buyers appeared to know more about the characteristics than the Chrysler people! Indeed the buyers identified issues such as luggage cover, rear visibility and why the lining of the rear hatch was already falling off! (maybe there will be squeak for European models will be their!)

Confusion over what is (not) standard!?

What is the price for what?

I recently left an industry where manufacturers joined the customersf forums to ensure a balance position of their products and also market feed. Itfs a great shame that Chrysler has moved beyond the factory gates to engage with the CUSTOMERS.

There was a suggestion in an early posting that we UK customers cancel our orders, maybe Chrysler UK would wake up and engage us early adopters, as we will be the evangelist for our car. My alternative is cancel and from my perspective pick a cut price Crossfire from the dealer forecourt next Easter (it would only be 10 more weeks than the potential delay date for my one), after all enough cancellations may provided what we want, the customer care, the specs, a comparable global pricing with more option available to us beyond 3 colours and 2 shades of grey leather interior!

Ifll wait for my test drive in October, no one from my dealership has spoken to me since April when they took the deposit, or was at the UK open day, and the test drive a couple of alternatives, then seen what UK user feedback exposes in Chrysler UK car and customer care.

I donft want to seem negative but it does appear that the boys with MBAfs in the marketing department as fiddle whilst the product is burning!!!! A shame great concept, p*ss poor implementation. I do hope the car turns out to be better than the marketing boysf performance!!

A frustrated early adopter. :?

Old 09-16-2003, 05:07 PM
Ken
Default A profit only if many other see them with desire

[quote="Harry Wells"]You are pefectly correct, Magazines what do they know Jeremy Clarkson I have heard has said it will be a winner and is a stunning car, and that gives it great creditability in the UK. The thing to remember is that if your first in the batch, you quite likely will be able to move it on at a profit. Now that says something about it!!!!!!

Harry as my subject line indicates moving cars on at a profit is based on many others wanting the Crossfire and the right spec. Clarkson may not be enough.

We should get Chrylser Uk to wake up and engage us the buyers so we have the good things to tell and we don't need to sell on from the allocation listings.