Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Communication with Chrysler

Old 08-05-2003, 11:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Communication with Chrysler

Is there a mechanism in which we as owners can start to indicate to Chrysler that there is a problem with the car, like the radio issue, which is intolerable and insist that it be corrected? If we coould innundate them with quiries or complaints then maybe they would respond.

Old 08-06-2003, 12:18 AM
Forum Regular

Hopefully everyone that has a Crossfire has complained--I know I did. Maybe they will only make changes in next years model, and do nothing for the '04. I'm installing an XM--not going to wait for DCX.

Old 08-06-2003, 06:27 AM

go to tehnical and modifications page. There is a direct link on one of the replies.

Old 08-06-2003, 07:54 AM

I sent a letter to DC Product Improvement a short time after I got my 300M in 1998. I recommended about 5 changes that would have been big improvements, like a orange colored 1/2" block icon in the center gauge area which would light up with the gear number that could easily be seen by the driver [not blocked by the airbag compartment when the wheel was turned and you were using Autostick], and confirm for the driver which gear the car was actually in, and a different latch mechanism for the seat belts. They never even bothered to send me an acknowledgment or reply. And, they never fixed any of the areas I commented on, until the seat belt got a bad report from the Nat'l Hwy Safety folks over unlatching problems. If you bombard the customer line and the dealers service departments it might have a better result. Good luck. By the way the Autostick indicator on the Crossfire is in a terrrible location on the dash too.

Old 08-12-2003, 09:05 PM
Default CrossFire luggage...oops lack there of

Paid $5K over MSRP for my beautiful Graphite Crossfire. Love the car and have the same basic complaints as the rest of you...the radio. However, one other issue that I have is what Chrysler did to me in regards to the luggage. They originally sold my car to another dealer in the Virginia area who could not sell it. The dealer must have used if as a demo car so that he could attract attention...he put 260 miles on it. My dealer bought the car from the other dealer and sold it to me on 8/6/03. After the contract was signed and the vehicle was home I was told that I would not get the luggage with it because it was "used"! Do you believe that? I sent an email to Chrysler and they said there was nothing that they would do. :x :x .
Does anyone have any suggestions? I am trying to work through the dealer now to see if they can get me a set. From the sounds of things in the forum, the luggage is worth it!
Again, love the car...not too happy with Chrysler's service! Whatever happened to the "Customer is always right". It seems like such a simple thing that they could resolve especially seeing that all of us are advertising for them everytime we drive that car. I have had it for 6 days and I must have been stopped two dozen times so far!

Old 08-12-2003, 09:31 PM
imported_mightyjlr

So your dealer bought the car from another dealer? The dealer that you bought the car from is then the actual origional purchaser of the car then, right? I would assume your dealer should be the ones who get sent the luggage then. Maybe someone there wants it for themselves... I don't know. I would demand the dealer you bought the car from get you the luggage, as it is part of the price you paid for the car, especially when you paid 5K over sticker. Those are my thoughts at least. SOMEONE got luggage for the car, you just need to find out who. Maybe give Chrysler the VIN number of your car and see where the luggage was sent to, then demand it from them...

Old 08-12-2003, 10:10 PM
Forum Regular

Ok I have to say this...$5K over, what were you thinking?? You can get them for MSRP :shock: Ok, just had to say that.

Now, as far as the luggage, I'd pitch a fit with your dealer. I'll see if I can find my tags mine came with (when I get home on Friday) and maybe you could buy some from the manufactuer of the luggage (if you want to spend the money.)