Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

need your help

Old 08-11-2003, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need your help

i test drove the crossfire today..i love the look and the engine etc....but the passenger side blindspot really bothered me.i felt like if there was a motorcycle or small car on that side that there would be no way i could see it...please let me know if you think it could be a problem or maybe i am just overreacting...thanks

Old 08-11-2003, 08:33 PM
imported_mightyjlr

I haven't driven the Crossfire yet, so I can't comment, but you might want to check this out... some guy had 2 cameras installed in the rear of his car to fix this problem. Check out the thread here:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...opic.php?t=176

and the pics here:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...hp?user_id=443

Old 08-17-2003, 01:50 AM
Forum Regular

I have almost 750 miles on my Crossfire and I don't have a problem with visibility when driving.

I adjust my side mirrors so that there is very little to no overlap with what I can see from the rear-view. Gives me good coverage on the move and practically no blind spots.

The convex passenger side mirror is sufficient to see the right side well IMO.

The only real visibility problem I have is when backing up, the tail is too high and I am still unable to judge where the car ends and short objects directly behind the car are invisible.

Old 08-17-2003, 10:28 AM
Forum Regular

Agree--it is a little tough backing up, and switching lanes sometimes--but all in all not a big deal.

Old 08-17-2003, 12:53 PM

dall
It is all a process of getting used to the limited right side lack of visability. Once you are used to it and become comfortable with the side mirrors, lane changeing should be ok. There is a significant blind spot on the right, as the roof connects onto the body.
My son was driving my Crossfire for the first time and he had another motorist blow his horn at him as he was starting to change to the right lane. That incident made him aware that he had to really check the right mirror more closely before moving in that direction.
To date I have not had any problems will changing to the right lane.

Old 08-17-2003, 01:07 PM
Forum Regular

I agree Joe, glancing over your shoulder won't cut it in the Crossfire but the mirrors compensate well.

Interesting thing for me is that I tend to use my mirrors much more than turning my head, it is always mirrors first then head turning for me.

Which is why I miss having mirror memory settings in the Crossfire. Depending on mirrors does require my mirrors to be set precisely where I expect them to be.

Old 08-17-2003, 09:18 PM

You could go to Walmart and get those little convex stick-on mirrors for a couple bucks. Not the greatest thing in the world but work very well.

Old 08-18-2003, 12:18 AM
Forum Regular

Actually, you can see pretty much everything on the right side that matters with just the mirror. You just can't see squat if you turn your head over your shoulders because of the "c" frame's thickness.

I'm definitely putting a camera in the back for backing up when I start putting stuff in the car.