Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

crossfire initial impression.

Old 08-15-2003, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crossfire initial impression.

Wow. Just saw a charcoal Crossfire during lunch. What a beautiful car! There was a silver current generation Mercedes SL500 behind it. Compared to the Crossfire, the Mercedes from behind just seem to blend in with traffic.

To any owners, how has the Crossfire been holding up? Someone mentioned an A/C leak. What about paint. Does the paint easily chip?

From the front, the Mercedes looked good, but the Crossfire looked just as good. From all other angles, the Crossfire is the better looking car.

If I were getting a sports coupe, the Crossfire would be on my list.
I would get the auto since I hear the 6-speed isn't that good.

Wow!

Old 08-15-2003, 02:39 PM
Forum Regular

I was the one with the AC leak, and they fixed it not problem--an o'ring went bad (production issue). The paint is great--no problems. The car is rock solid and fun to drive. Definately turns heads and very unique. It's funny because the only consistent complaint is about the radio brightness--if that is the worst thing, then everyone should be happy. I'm headed in the get an XM radio (when I can actually get home and on the installers schedule.

Enjoy

Old 08-15-2003, 04:13 PM

WilliamT.. How is the luster/shine/finish on the Graphite Xfire? All the pictures I see are dull. I can tell you were impressed, but the car is a head turner in any color.

Thanks

Old 08-15-2003, 04:29 PM
Forum Regular

"Pictures" don't do this car justice in any color (as far as if it looks dull.) Go look at my pic gallery and see what the Crossfire looks like with a coat of Zaino--no dullness!! I've seen it in person in all color (execpt Alabaster) and it's nothing close to dull in ANY color :lol:

Old 08-15-2003, 05:33 PM

Good to know. I saw your pics I WAS BLINDED BY THE GLOSS!..lol..

I will have to see a graphite in person then. A sapphire silver just arrived on the lot at my dealer. I need to see the Graphite before I make a decision...

Old 08-15-2003, 06:59 PM
imported_mightyjlr

The shine on the graphites are REALLY nice. A dealer near me has one. They have had it since the end of June, they want 8k+ over for it and no one is biting. I go in there every few weeks to see it and be amused by the salesmen trying to sell me the car and assume I know nothing about it. It is definitely my favorite color for the Crossfire.

Old 08-15-2003, 07:40 PM
Forum Regular

$8K--that cracks me up! What a terrible dealer to have that sitting on his/her lot for soooo long. Like the dealer I bought from said--"it's just another piece of tin" (and no I did NOT mind him saying that, because I got it for $700 over INVOICE not MSRP). It's so true though, why would a dealer want to sit on his inventory (even if it's one car) when others are selling at MSRP. mighty I hope this is not the dealer you are going to be buying from. Speaking of, what ever happened to you guy finding out where your car is???

Old 08-16-2003, 03:10 AM
imported_mightyjlr

haha, no this is definitely not the dealer I will be buying from. We did buy a car from them a few years back though. My dad bought his dad an LHS for his birthday. He leased it, and they worked out a pretty good deal, and it happened to be near the end of the month. He went to close on the car a few days later, and they basically got through to the part where my dad signs the paperwork, and announced that the price would be a good deal more a month because it was a new month, and the lease prices had changed. My dad went through with it anyway because the price didn't really matter to him, and my grandfathers birthday was right around the corner, but he certainly doesn't like to be screwed. We will never get a car from them again.

As for my dealer finding out where my car is... they try, but Chrysler just says "be patient". Thats all the info Chrysler will give... it sucks, it's bad customer service, but hey... Chrysler assumes they can get away with it. It still pisses me off though.

Old 08-16-2003, 09:46 AM

I got a very shiney SSB 6 Speed in my garage. With the clear coat they all look great, but I think the red and black have more debth to the shine. Haven't seen the White or Dark Gray (in person). Keeping X-fire in the garage partly because of all the rain we've been having, but also because I am trying to trade it for an autostick.

Old 08-18-2003, 10:12 AM

I saw the Graphite in person this past weekend! IT WAS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! The finish was incredible.

I still want the interior I prefer. So, even if I wanted to buy today I can't. No dealer has a that exterior with that interior yet. And since I can't order one, I have to wait :-(.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:09 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 455 Likes on 321 Posts
Default Re: crossfire initial impression.

Loved it......and 3 years later I bought mine

Old 03-21-2010, 03:52 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

you loved a 7 yr old post...

Old 03-21-2010, 10:37 AM
Forum Regular
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

First time i ever seen was summer 05. Kind of late but that is when i actually got to the states. Love on first sight.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:14 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Since I ordered mine new, I had a choice of color and the graphite gray is gorgeous. But every color is -- beauty is in the eye of the owner. I can tell you that my roadster, which was teflon treated and has been garaged and driven (34k) only summers, has a beautiful finish. I have claybarred my SRT6 and the finish is almost as perfect, but it needs one more pass. I'm going to teach my son how to claybar his machine gray this summer (which means I end up doing most of it), but that is a very interesting color as well. It has flakes of black and blue in the paint -- really striking.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The paint on my white rdstr does chip easily. I have two small blemishes near my trunk from cargo which chipped the paint as I was removing it, very frustrating. I have 28,000 miles on my 06, bought it new. It has never been back for service. I change the oil myself, and besides having tires rotated, never needed service of any kind.