Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Chrome Rims

Old 05-31-2009, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrome Rims

Hello All,

Can you give me some places where I can buy chrome rims for my 2005 xfire?
Thanks in advance

Old 06-01-2009, 10:54 AM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Chrome Rims

You want stock rims chromed? Check E-Bay, from time to time they come up there. Or you can check your local wheel shop. There are a lot of local places that can do it for you. I have an address at home of a place in the N.E. area where you send your old wheels and they send you a new set chromed. Cost as I recall was around 800$ then there is shipping. If you are talking about aftermarket you might want to look at Tire Rack online. I will post the address of the chromer if I can find it, I went with aftermarket instead.
Pat

Old 06-01-2009, 01:18 PM

Try L.A.Wheels.com. I did a trade in deal with them. My old OEM for new OEM chromed.Total cost with shipping $900.00 They do ask for a $1000.00 deposit which was returned when they received the old rims but they do charge $90.00 repair fee if the old rims are damaged.(curb rash or cracks)..I'm satisfied with the quality and looks of my new rims...Check my avatar for a look see....Good luck!

Old 06-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Forum Regular

Chrome, really? C'mon you can do better than this. You aren't driving a 92 accord with curb feelers.

Do it right or not at all. Find a set of polished alloys instead of chromed if you absolutely must have the bling look.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Here is the place I was looking for - Chrome Wheel Co. Bob Morris 954-427-3201. I believe they are in Connecticut. Tell them Steve (knowit) from the .org forum sent you. The deal is the same as someone outlined above. If you want to see the wheels they currently reside on Acrispy's car. he bought them from Steve.
Make sure the wheels are triple chromed.
As for polishing them........I agree it would be really nice looking, I'd like that better than Chrome but no one has done it, seems to have something to do with the powder coating? on the stock wheels? I didn't think they were powder coated?

If you do a search for chrome wheels you will see a number of choices to contact in the threads on that subject.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AllEuro
Chrome, really? C'mon you can do better than this. You aren't driving a 92 accord with curb feelers.

Do it right or not at all. Find a set of polished alloys instead of chromed if you absolutely must have the bling look.
Thems fightin words! LOL j/k

I am not usually a fan of chrome rims either, but the chrome 20s on my black XF are hard to argue with ALLeuro. And you can still 'do it right' with chrome as long as you get a good wheel and not a knock off - can you say GIOVANNA?

Old 06-01-2009, 05:34 PM

Thanks guys for the information & feedback. I'm on a search for new wheels!!

Old 06-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by patpur
As for polishing them........I agree it would be really nice looking, I'd like that better than Chrome but no one has done it, seems to have something to do with the powder coating? on the stock wheels? I didn't think they were powder coated?

If you do a search for chrome wheels you will see a number of choices to contact in the threads on that subject.
IMO, the stock wheels simply look poor when any other color than the boring silver that most opted for. Chrome just isn't that durable from what I've read--even OEM. I wouldn't polish the OEM wheels, but get a similar style (if you like the stock style, that is) but get them polished. Then you don't have to worry about flaking or anything. Is the crossfire not worth the expense to do correctly? These cars may only be selling for 20k new currently, but that doesn't mean they should be treated like cheap cars. There has to be some polished wheels on the TireRack for instance, that would fit the bill.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

AllEuro - I had a heck of a time deciding to Chrome or go aftermarket. In the end I went aftermarket with a polished wheel, the center is painted. I still like the chromed oems. For now they are sitting in boxes in my garage. At some point I'll probably sell them.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:56 PM

I believe I'm going with this wheel from Tire Rack, O.Z. Sardegna. I really like the look of this wheel.

P.S Put Andrew's emblems on today, they look great.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:56 PM
Forum Regular

AllEuro - I had a heck of a time deciding to Chrome or go aftermarket. In the end I went aftermarket with a polished wheel, the center is painted. I still like the chromed oems. For now they are sitting in boxes in my garage. At some point I'll probably sell them.
What kind of wheels did you get? I like dark colored wheels on dark crossfires. Though I don't think I've seen many with a painted center and polished lip. I imagine they would look quite aggressive on your car. You should at least mount the bare wheels on your car to see what you think about them before you get rid of them.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:00 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by racehorse
I believe I'm going with this wheel from Tire Rack, O.Z. Sardegna. I really like the look of this wheel.

P.S Put Andrew's emblems on today, they look great.
Not bad! And OZ makes a quality wheel. They remind me a little of a modified Porsche Turbo Twist wheel, though the OZ is more stylized. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics!

Old 06-01-2009, 11:11 PM

This is the wheel I'll probably get.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:11 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get a good wheel brush for cleanings and some ceramic pads LOL

Old 06-02-2009, 09:04 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

ASA AR-1's. Check my gallery. I'm not a fan of dark wheels. I think it does something to the lines of the car. "To each his own"
Pat

Old 06-02-2009, 09:16 AM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

ASA AR-1's. Check my gallery. I'm not a fan of dark wheels. I think it does something to the lines of the car. "To each his own"
Pat
Pat, those are very nice, Are they 19" and 18"?

Old 06-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Forum Regular

Pat
Interesting. Depending on the sizes, if you are interested in selling them, let me know. I could be interested in buying depending on the price. I would imagine any transaction could be done in person since you live in Md and I live in Philly. I go to Baltimore to visit some friends a few times a year.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

If I decide on something else I'll let you know. Right now I'm happy with the ASA's. You will be on the list if I decide.
Thanks - Pat

Old 06-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Forum Regular

If I decide on something else I'll let you know. Right now I'm happy with the ASA's. You will be on the list if I decide.
Thanks - Pat
Thanks!

I saw the pics in your gallery. Are they 18s all around?

Old 06-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

No they are staggered, 19's in the back 18's up front. Sennaspirit who is also a member of the forum has the same wheels on his car. When I got them from Tire Rack the guy told me they were the last set of 19's they had as ASA was going out of the aftermarket wheel business. I'm not sure how accurate that was, I think I saw an ad for some ASA's in one of the auto mags a few weeks ago. I did have an issue with the wheel caps in the front, had to do some grinding but other than that they go right on just like the stock wheels.

Quick Reply: Chrome Rims