Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Help !!!

Old 06-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help !!!

If you haven't heard Autozone is running a sale on Mobile one were if you buy 5 quarters you get a $10 discount and a free filter. See this i decided to change my own oil, Oil extractor check new oil filter check, oil cap remover check. Oh crap problem!!! I can't seem to get the steam that the oil filter is attached to out. I got the cap off, but the steam did not come out with it was it suppose to? If not how do i get that out, does it unscrew or am i missing something. Please help thanks

Old 06-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just pull it out....don't forget to change the o-rings. Hope you didn't get a purolator or stp filter....the o-rings are thin & likely to leak.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by dontxme
If you haven't heard Autozone is running a sale on Mobile one were if you buy 5 quarters you get a $10 discount and a free filter. See this i decided to change my own oil, Oil extractor check new oil filter check, oil cap remover check. Oh crap problem!!! I can't seem to get the steam that the oil filter is attached to out. I got the cap off, but the steam did not come out with it was it suppose to? If not how do i get that out, does it unscrew or am i missing something. Please help thanks
What do you mean by steam? The oil filter housing unscrews, and comes out like a big stick with the oil filter cartridge on top and something like 4 o-rings going down it. You may be in bad shape if there was no stick attached to the cap!