Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

"Will I ever get my Crossfire Mr. Mercedes"?

Old 10-31-2003, 07:41 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Will I ever get my Crossfire Mr. Mercedes"?

FFS

Now MERCEDES is my local Chrysler dealer. The Hadleigh Carport dealer has lost its francise and f**ked off without even telling me. These people are right dicks.

I brought my current Neon from the dealers before them who were Henlys. As soon as I purchased it they closed down without a word. That was the summer of 2001. Sometime around 2001/2002 Hadleigh Carport opened up, great it thought. Then they brought in Lexus to the some site then early this year Mitsubishi squeezed in. Now without a word the Chrysler part has gone with Mitsubishi and in comes Toyota.

Now I got to find out if my order is with the new MERCEDES/SMART/CHYSLER dealer. If it ain't then where the hell is my deposit. To be honest if I'm told anything else but "you're get my car in November" then bollocks to the Crossfire.

Old 11-01-2003, 11:06 AM

Dont get fed up, Youve done the hard bit of waiting, The dealer i bought and paid a deposit to was also closed with no notice, But i contacted DC in milton Keynes and they advised the location of the dealer salesperson and the deposit, I dont think you will have a major problem. It is just the case of Chrysler is S**t at advising people

Old 11-01-2003, 04:58 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark_UK sorry to hear about your problem! We have plenty of Crossfire's hear in the states maybe you could buy over here at a discount and have it shipped over.Don't know what the shipping cost's would be but maybe it's worth checking into. Goodluck!

Old 11-01-2003, 05:51 PM
Forum Regular

I phoned the old dealers number today and ask for a sales rep and a after being put on hold for a minute I was transferred to the new MERC/CHRYSLER dealer. They said to phone back Monday when the Chrysler part is up and running. So now I'll wait and see. If they come up with nothing then I'll do what Harry said and have a shout at DCUK.

Another thing, is this the first MERC/CHRYSLER merger to happen in the UK or even the World?
Would you see this as a good thing? At least the engine would be in good hands. But the servicing costs would be a worry. I wounder if/when the Crossfire has to go in for repairs I can get an SL500 as a courtesy car?