Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfire Stalling

Old 12-19-2003, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfire Stalling

Good Evening XFIRE owners,

I don't know if this was a good thing but I let my girlfriend borrow my 2week old Alabaster Crossfire today and she came home with news that she stalled 3 times. I thought it was the cars fault but it was the drivers. I am not a freaking mechanic but boy was I pissed off and was wondering if this would cause strain or future problems to my Crossfire or am I just worried out of my freaking mind. Please let me know what you think and if anyone could give me mechanical wisdom that would be very appreciated.

Old 12-19-2003, 11:34 PM
Forum Regular

The first Crossfire I tested out, was from the first batch released to the public. I had it for 5 days. It was an automatic. It never stalled on me, but when I returned it, the guy who pulled it out of the driveway an hour later said it stalled on him.

There are only a few things I can think of that would have caused it to stall:

Motor was hot, and shut off before letting it cool down.

Car was started up an hour after being run hard. Not idled too long.

Just prior to parking it, I did an (innocent) 180 wide open throttle U turn with traction control off :twisted:

If it continues, and you can duplicate it. Set up a time to let a service tech look at it. Does it trigger any codes? Check Engine Code?

Old 12-20-2003, 07:41 AM
kusheen
Default stalling

Is your car an automatic or stick? If stick, I'd say don't worry too much. The BEST driver will accidentally stall a stick once in awhile when pulling away from stop.

If it's an auto, well, it's definitely something to get checked if it happens again.

Regardless, if it happens only while your girlfriend drives it, well, we think you can fix it yourself.

Old 12-20-2003, 10:01 AM

The first day I got my SSB/6 Speed I stalled it three times - starting out in 1st, the clugh was a little soft, couldn't feel it, or maybe it was me - hadn't drive a stick fot 20 years -ex for Ford PU. Once I got I got the hang of it worked fine though.