Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

How It Goes!!!

Old 03-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How It Goes!!!

My friend at work gave me his username and password! I just purchased a black limited coupe and he told me about this site! I tried to join for the last couple months. but he said he doesn't use it anymore and gave it to me! along with his old tire pump and slime, which mine never came with! I'm so happy ive been waiting to get on here for so long. i gotta have him show me how to change this sig.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: How It Goes!!!!!

The problem with forum registration has been fixed, so you can create a new account now if you would like. Congratulations on the Crossfire and welcome to the forum.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: How It Goes!!!!!

Originally Posted by N.Y.XFIRE
My friend at work gave me his username and password! I just purchased a black limited coupe and he told me about this site! I tried to join for the last couple months. but he said he doesn't use it anymore and gave it to me! along with his old tire pump and slime, which mine never came with! I'm so happy ive been waiting to get on here for so long. i gotta have him show me how to change this sig.
Congrats and welcome,
If you click on User CP you can then edit the signature. You'll see the option listed in red on the left side of your screen.

User CP is located just under the crossfire picture in the logo at the top of this page.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:13 AM

This car is awful! I had to take it to the shop something is wrong with trans, auto stick tried to shift it and wont shift threw gears! I just got the damn thing and it has no warranty! Here we go! Chrysler's finest! my friend said it might be nothing a simple fix, and he has never heard of any issues. He also stated he misses his x-fire, and wish he got the SRT instead.lol
oh well, he also wants to race me! He has no chance!LOL! when I get this thing back we will see and I will let you guys know how bad I whoop his little dub!https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum.../icon_razz.gif

Old 03-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: How It Goes!!!

This car is awful! I had to take it to the shop something is wrong with trans, auto stick tried to shift it and wont shift threw gears! I just got the damn thing and it has no warranty! Here we go! Chrysler's finest!
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new XF.

Sorry friend, but almost nothing in this car, especially in the trans is even remotely chrysler - should have said Mercedes finest!

Search around the forum, you will find many cool things about this car and the people who call this forum home. Also, thanks to the info in this forum many things with this car can be handled without the intervention of the stealership - thus saving you lots of money. Please do not start bad mouthing the car until you know something about it

Old 03-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hope your not trying to drive it around in 1st gear bump that shifter to the right 4 times and try again ..... Just a thought.. and Welcome aboard

Howard

Old 03-25-2010, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new XF.

Sorry friend, but almost nothing in this car, especially in the trans is even remotely chrysler - should have said Mercedes finest!

Search around the forum, you will find many cool things about this car and the people who call this forum home. Also, thanks to the info in this forum many things with this car can be handled without the intervention of the stealership - thus saving you lots of money. Please do not start bad mouthing the car until you know something about it
might be a mercedes underneath but you still need to deal with chryslers finest(dealer). Just the reality of it. thanks for the input! No im not driving around with in 1st, if i put into "D" which a assume is "DRIVE" it shifts fine, it wont shift if i "bump" it.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:33 AM

might be a mercedes underneath but you still need to deal with chryslers finest(dealer). Just the reality of it. thanks for the input! No im not driving around with in 1st, if i put into "D" which a assume is "DRIVE" it shifts fine, it wont shift if i "bump" it.
It won't shift at all or does it take a few seconds?

It's not an immediate shift like a the new Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) tranny. It takes a few seconds.

Also you have to bump it left once to put in manual mode, and then every now and then mine still finds it's way back into Auto by accident lol

Old 03-25-2010, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
It won't shift at all or does it take a few seconds?

It's not an immediate shift like a the new Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) tranny. It takes a few seconds.

Also you have to bump it left once to put in manual mode, and then every now and then mine still finds it's way back into Auto by accident lol
dealer called some sort of sensor or something, its fixed and ready to rock! pick it up at lunch. Then im gonna race my co-workers dub.....LOL! he's gonna lose. He's the one that told me about this site, glad he did. also showed me some cool stuff, about the car! thanks for the help!

Old 03-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Welcome to the forum!

Can you manually shift your trans in gears 1-D or does it always indicate "D" while moving forward?
If always in "D" and it doesn't shift (may be 2nd gear only) sounds like you are in LIMP mode. If you end up needing a Transmission Control Module let me know. I bought one for my SRT and found out a TCM for a NA XF will not work in an SRT.

Reference your using N.Y.XFIRE's account. Why not start your own. He kinda left on a bad note.LINKY

Old 03-25-2010, 12:52 PM

I know this dude, and he was just f-in with you guy's and it seems allot you were taking him to serous! He kinda mentioned that some peeps on here have there "******** to tight" and that it is a internet forum so its to be expected....anyway we ran a couple of lights at lunch... Dude smoked me! i couldnt believe it. all he hasis a intake, catback, and apr stage 1 tune? how did he beat me....I need some good mods. I cant be beatin by that p.o.s. again!

Old 03-25-2010, 01:01 PM

Search Button Works Great Found Some Mods Thanks Guys!

Old 03-25-2010, 01:04 PM

I know this dude, and he was just f-in with you guy's and it seems allot you were taking him to serous! He kinda mentioned that some peeps on here have there "******** to tight" and that it is a internet forum so its to be expected....anyway we ran a couple of lights at lunch... Dude smoked me! i couldnt believe it. all he hasis a intake, catback, and apr stage 1 tune? how did he beat me....I need some good mods. I cant be beatin by that p.o.s. again!
hmm curious... if he was just f'n around he really crossed the line big time. I agree some members do have there panties in a a wad, but reading some of that bs pisses me off.

You should definately post some pics of your new ride though.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Received 550 Likes on 462 Posts

Seems to me you are the same guy, and trying to stir the **** again, same language and tone etc.
If you are not the same guy, you do not want the baggage this guy left with.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Seems to me you are the same guy, and trying to stir the **** again, same language and tone etc.
If you are not the same guy, you do not want the baggage this guy left with.
Looks like yer not the only one thinkin' this 180.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by tighed1
Welcome to the forum!

Can you manually shift your trans in gears 1-D or does it always indicate "D" while moving forward?
If always in "D" and it doesn't shift (may be 2nd gear only) sounds like you are in LIMP mode. If you end up needing a Transmission Control Module let me know. I bought one for my SRT and found out a TCM for a NA XF will not work in an SRT.

Reference your using N.Y.XFIRE's account. Why not start your own. He kinda left on a bad note.LINKY
I just read all 8 pages of that thread and my favorite line came near the end on page 7

and by gay i dont mean happy.....i mean a homosexual!
after a two post rant he put that. What a way to waist a rainy day

Old 03-25-2010, 05:34 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tighed1
Looks like yer not the only one thinkin' this 180.
How does it go...........If it smells like ****, and it looks like ****, then it probably is ****!