Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

For those who've bought Chrysler extended warranties

Old 04-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question For those who've bought Chrysler extended warranties

I'm looking to buy an extended warranty from Chrysler for my '07 Base coupe. I only have 30,000 miles on it right now, it's only 2 1/2 years old, and I am the original owner. What are my best options and what's the best price I can get for one?

Any other info you can give me will be appreciated also.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: For those who've bought Chrysler extended warranties

I think those warranties cost to much & not worth it !!! Like a big gamble but I think they always win !! Your paying them up front thinking your going to have a problem & they take your money betting you wont need it !!!!

Old 04-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ed Mahoney
I think those warranties cost to much & not worth it !!! Like a big gamble but I think they always win !! Your paying them up front thinking your going to have a problem & they take your money betting you wont need it !!!!
Well... that's the idea of warranties in the first place....

I'd rather give them $1500-$3000 up front when one thing in this car that breaks can cost almost as much. Little things add up, and believe me, I've made the most out of my warranty when it comes to the little things.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

SEARCH my friend!

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post392082

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...arranties.html

I used this guy...Saved me $2300 over what the dealer quoted!
Others have used him and are happy.

Michael Case
Office (630) 231-3464
Direct (630) 386-1707

I paid about $2600 or so for both warranties and the one supercharger replacement cost over $7000. Already saved $$$.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:17 AM

last 5 cars I have had never went back for one problem not one under the MFG warranty !!!!! To high a cost to buy extra warranty thats just my opinion !!!!! Dont need it !!!!

Old 04-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tighed1
SEARCH my friend!

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post392082

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...arranties.html

I used this guy...Saved me $2300 over what the dealer quoted!
Others have used him and are happy.

Michael Case
Office (630) 231-3464
Direct (630) 386-1707

I paid about $2600 or so for both warranties and the one supercharger replacement cost over $7000. Already saved $$$.
Awesome. Thanks tighed1. I usually would use the search feature, but the last few times I've used it, it never turns up anything even REMOTELY related to what I'm looking for.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

So call Mike and let us know what the latest price is.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

Don't need it? Guess again my friend. Bought a "Certified 2004 Mercedes C240 4 Matic" beautiful car. Certification paid for an immediate problem, Steering Angle Sensor, a problem our cars have too......600 bucks. 1 year later when the Certification runs out I buy a 2 year bumper to bumper. $1900. Yeah a lot of money I thought but we love the car. 4 months later I notice a clunking in the steering (50k miles on the car) $1100. repair. This past summer our AC/Heater blower seizes and instead of blowing the fuse the dash catchs on fire. $3000. repair. This fall while in for service they notice a problem with something else under the car. Another $1100 repair. So far the car has needed $5800 in repairs. My cost - $50 for the deductible that the dealer usually eats, he couldn't when we had the fire. So total I'm out of pocket $1950 for $5800 worth of repairs and you tell people they don't need it?
I disagree. I have a three year, 70k bumper to bumper w/$100 deductible on the Crossfire. Cost me 1200$ and I consider it well spent considering what it costs to repair these cars.
Pat

Old 04-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

American cars it is a waste of money. For a Crossfire/Mercedes it is well spent. I bought an extended warranty for 1,200. So far I have had the dash taken apart to fix my recirc flap (3 day project), replaced the AC switch (800 dollar part) and had my windows adjusted because of a water leak. 3 different problems with free rental cars. Not sure of the exact costs had I paid them myself... but my guess is close to 3k. I still have more than a year left on the warranty so more repairs possible. During the bumper to bumper warranty I also had tons of repairs. Most of the kinks are now worked out of the car.

So get the extended.... especially on our cars! Because when something breaks it is expensive on our cars.

Last edited by blackcrossfire07; 04-06-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

I'm just curious why you would think it's any different for an American car?

Old 04-06-2010, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by patpur
I'm just curious why you would think it's any different for an American car?
It cost more to repair a German car... Audi, BMW, Crossfire (with Mercedes parts). That is why I say if it was an American car no need to get a warranty. At least I would take the risk and not buy one. But the cost to repair a Mercedes is much more expensive so it is very easy to get your money back from the cost of the warranty.

Last edited by blackcrossfire07; 04-06-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Smile Re: For those who've bought Chrysler extended warranties

[quote=blackcrossfire07]It cost more to repair a German car... Audi, BMW, Crossfire (with Mercedes parts). That is why I say if it was an American car no need to get a warranty. At least I would take the risk and not buy one. But the cost to repair a Mercedes is much more expensive[/quote

] Check a repair on a vette. caddy,etc. Fuel pump replacement on most in tank fuel pumps over 1000.00 any car. I think the extended warranties are a good idea if the car is a daily driver and your only dependable mode of transportation. The warranty is a fixed cost & prepaid which will limit out of pocket repairs ,when you may not have the monies to repair your daily driver. I have a ext warranty, my car is not a daily driver, but i like to have a limit on how many $$$$ i have to spend out of pocket

Old 04-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Forum Regular

on these cars? (especially the srt-6) i wouldn't be without one. just got a 7/70 on the black one and will do so for the graphite next year. purchased it through my 5-star chrysler dealer (i'm lucky to have one close by). never had any unusual down-times (most high dollar was the differential on the graphite...the harmonic issue) and have been very happy with them. manning dodge chrysler jeep in dinuba, calif.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As expensive as ALL cars are today to get fixed, I highly recommend the extended warranty. I am not that hard on my car but the SC bearings were going out on my SRT6 a year ago. Part alone was $6,000 not including labor. I have never been so glad to have purchased an extended warranty.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by texas t
Check a repair on a vette. caddy,etc. Fuel pump replacement on most in tank fuel pumps over 1000.00 any car.
You are correct... my 2000 Camaro sending unit in the gas tank busted. Price quote was 1K. Half of that cost was the part... the other half labor. If I had a Corvette I would definitely get an extended warranty. Nothing but electronics in those cars... from the HUD all the way to the doors... I love the gadgets but those vettes are electronic accidents waiting to happen

But compare prices of GM or Ford parts to a Crossfire. If my sending unit went out in the Crossfire then I am sure it would cost more than 1K to fix.

Last edited by blackcrossfire07; 04-06-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Its all money my friend. We had a tranny go out on a Saturn. $2000 Plus. We had no warranty, the car had to be traded in. I understand what you are saying blackcrossfire but I disagree with your logic.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The best thing about the Max-Care warranty; if you don't use it they give you 100% of your money back. What's not to like?

I paid $1,200 for mine and it has saved me money in the first year. Now I get to transfer it to the next owner.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:19 PM
Forum Regular

Great... well... can we get back on topic?

Sorry to sound like your mum.

Anyways, where did you guys get your warranties? How much? For how long?

I'm trying to get a good range of price quotes so when I finally go to purchase one, who ever I get it from can't try to screw me. I can just slap them in the face with the cheapest quote I have (if it wasn't theirs) and see what number they throw out then.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:06 PM

So from what Im hearing maybe I shouldnt have bought this crossfire !!!! Sounds like they cost a lot to fix & breakdown all the time !!!! Know wonder M B duped em !!!! I guess Im driving the Mustang more than the crossfire now !!!! You all got me worried about my purchase now !!!!!!!!!03 GTR mustang never been in to the shop !!!!!

Old 04-06-2010, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by patpur
Its all money my friend. We had a tranny go out on a Saturn. $2000 Plus. We had no warranty, the car had to be traded in. I understand what you are saying blackcrossfire but I disagree with your logic.
You can disagree with me. I am just telling you that certain repairs on my Crossfire are going to be more expensive than on my Camaro. Can't get aftermarket parts on a Crossfire!

Quick Reply: For those who've bought Chrysler extended warranties