Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Maybe you guys can help with this.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:19 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Maybe you guys can help with this.

Posted this in the racing forum, but I figured I get a lot more replies here since it seems that barely anyone visits the other parts of the forum. Most of you guys (and gals) more than likely can answer a good amount of these questions.

This is my 4th season autocrossing now, but only my 2nd with the XF, and the last season I barely raced it.

Now I have a few questions.

ESP fuses- should I pull them? Why or why not? Does it really do anything else that the switch doesn't do? Will I void my warranty (e.g. the ecu might freak out or something)?

Rims- I'm looking for a set of stock base or limited rims to put some rubber on, but are there any other rims out there that have the same dimensions and offsets as the OEMs?

Tires- What do you recommend? I've looked on tire rack and found no R-compounds for the XF, but I did find these: Bridgestone Potenza RE-11

I'll have to check to see if they are legal per SCCA regulations, but what do you think? (Also, if you already know if they are, letting me know would be good too.)

Any other tips? I'm staying in my stock class, but I have considered racing on R-compounds, obviously.