Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

WoW I got VERY lucky!!!

Old 05-19-2010, 01:20 PM
Forum Regular
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default WoW I got VERY lucky!!!

So while driving to work today, this crown vic was tail gating me. I didnt like it especially right after totalling a car. So we are doing like 80mph and he is on my a$$ and I started to brake check him but nothing, he still comes right back on my bumper. And then at one point I remembered a post on here saying hit the windshield washer fluid button and that will make them back off. Well I did that and he backed off and had to his own wiper blades to clean his windshield. But, he came right back again and this time, I dropped to 4th and got on it, went to the middle lane and hit like 90-95mph, he quickly caught up and back on my a$$ again! grrrrr... and then guess what I see fellas??? CHERRIES!!! yep, he lit me up and the look on my face was "oh nooo" I immediately pulled to the side knowing I am screwed, he pulls right beside me and yelling his lungs out with pointing his finger as we are both rolling at 70mph. And then he pulls away.

It was VERY scary, I was shaking till I got to work but I am fine now

It was black, unmarked and had silver grill on so i thought it was old man's car but nope, it wasn't.

If a crown vic is tailgating you, just pull to the side and let them do whatever they want.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: WoW I got VERY lucky!!!

Very Happy For You, sounds like he was on a call, and you were just in the way

Old 05-19-2010, 02:03 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember when I was living in Delaware and going to see my girlfriend in Fredericksburg, VA. Right around DC where the "mising bowl" is (I-95, I-495, and a couple of other interstate spurs intersect at) there was this cop cap, marked, Crown Vic, hauling *** with no lights on. He was on the on ramp to I-95, I was in the middle lane, and a beater Honda Civic was in the right most lane where the on ramp (cop) would merge to. The was very light traffic and no one in front of or behind the beater Civic. That cop could have easily gone around the Civic without endangering anyone. Instead this cop got right on that Civic's bumper. We're talking NASCAR draft close. The Civic brake checked him and a bit longer than a normal sub-second brake check. That cop was very responsive to not hitting that car, although I think the brush guard on that cop car would have mangled that Civic. You see the cop's brake lights and then the overhead lights come on. A-hole cop pulled him over for that. Had that been me I would have done the same thing, driving a Dodge Dakota at the time, not the Crossfire. I would have went to court too. Maybe lost, probably woulda lost, but woulda made noise all the same. But it didn't happen to me, I just saw it and laughed my *** off

Old 05-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Musclefan21
So while driving to work today, this crown vic was tail gating me. I didnt like it especially right after totalling a car. So we are doing like 80mph and he is on my a$$ and I started to brake check him but nothing, he still comes right back on my bumper. And then at one point I remembered a post on here saying hit the windshield washer fluid button and that will make them back off. Well I did that and he backed off and had to his own wiper blades to clean his windshield. But, he came right back again and this time, I dropped to 4th and got on it, went to the middle lane and hit like 90-95mph, he quickly caught up and back on my a$$ again! grrrrr... and then guess what I see fellas??? CHERRIES!!! yep, he lit me up and the look on my face was "oh nooo" I immediately pulled to the side knowing I am screwed, he pulls right beside me and yelling his lungs out with pointing his finger as we are both rolling at 70mph. And then he pulls away.

It was VERY scary, I was shaking till I got to work but I am fine now

It was black, unmarked and had silver grill on so i thought it was old man's car but nope, it wasn't.

If a crown vic is tailgating you, just pull to the side and let them do whatever they want.
I'm assuming you were in the farthest left lane you could be in barring HOV lanes? If so, why didn't you move over and let him go by? Brake checking is not only dangerous, it'll get your *** in trouble if he hit you. Especially since he was a cop. Dropping a gear and slowing down is just like brake checking without brake lights. I realize you just totalled your other car, are you trying to total this one too? Man up, and move over, afterall that's what you would want him to do if you were wanting to cruise at 90mph.

BTW what I said was harsh and was meant to be harsh, behavior like that will get your *** killed.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
I'm assuming you were in the farthest left lane you could be in barring HOV lanes? If so, why didn't you move over and let him go by? Brake checking is not only dangerous, it'll get your *** in trouble if he hit you. Especially since he was a cop. Dropping a gear and slowing down is just like brake checking without brake lights. I realize you just totalled your other car, are you trying to total this one too? Man up, and move over, afterall that's what you would want him to do if you were wanting to cruise at 90mph.

BTW what I said was harsh and was meant to be harsh, behavior like that will get your *** killed.
This is what I was thinking. I'm assuming he didn't realize it was a cop right away though, or he would've got out of the way. Regardless, behaviors like that WILL end with you totaling another car. You got lucky this time.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by shapeshifter309
This is what I was thinking. I'm assuming he didn't realize it was a cop right away though, or he would've got out of the way. Regardless, behaviors like that WILL end with you totaling another car. You got lucky this time.
I don't think it matters if it was a cop or not. I try to pay attention to whats behind me, and when I see someone moving faster than me I move out of the way as soon as I can. Only because when I'm hauling *** I want others to move out of my way.
I'm not defending the cops behavior either, tailgating is a douchebag move, but in these cars it appears that someones tailgating when they're not. Especially at 80 when your wings up.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:34 PM
Forum Regular

slow down there genious, Maybe there was a reason I didn't move over?? Oh wait, maybe the right lane was full? did you think about that?? Also, there was a car in front of me which was going about 75mph. and No, I will not get in trouble if somebody rear ends me, there is a thing called "following too close" and when somebod hits you from behind, they are at fault. Unless I slam on my brakes intentionally for that person to hit me and get killed. I was simply showing my brake lights, pretty much equal to letting the gas off.

i love how people are just assuming bullshit here and there and act like god. This cop was riding my a$$ period! and I didnt like that fact and wanted him to back off BEFORE he somehow hits me. Well, at the time i didnt even know he was a cop, thought it was some a$$hole messing around or in a very hurry.

I have been driving since 1998 and I have never been in a two car accident before. Only accident I have ever been was this "minor" sliding into a curb deal adn I havent had a single ticket for the last 4 years. I think it is pretty damn safe to say, I am safe driver.

Last edited by Musclefan21; 05-19-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:29 PM

Jeep2xfire: You reference to A$$ hole cop,,,REALLY,,,,for stopping a car for brake checking him,,,, there is never a good reason to break check a cop or anyone else for that matter.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Musclefan21
slow down there genious, Maybe there was a reason I didn't move over?? Oh wait, maybe the right lane was full? did you think about that?? Also, there was a car in front of me which was going about 75mph. and No, I will not get in trouble if somebody rear ends me, there is a thing called "following too close" and when somebod hits you from behind, they are at fault. Unless I slam on my brakes intentionally for that person to hit me and get killed. I was simply showing my brake lights, pretty much equal to letting the gas off.

i love how people are just assuming bullshit here and there and act like god. This cop was riding my a$$ period! and I didnt like that fact and wanted him to back off BEFORE he somehow hits me. Well, at the time i didnt even know he was a cop, thought it was some a$$hole messing around or in a very hurry.

I have been driving since 1998 and I have never been in a two car accident before. Only accident I have ever been was this "minor" sliding into a curb deal adn I havent had a single ticket for the last 4 years. I think it is pretty damn safe to say, I am safe driver.
If the car in front of you is doing 75 how are you doing 80? Regardless brake checking is stupid thing to do, If he had hit you and you would've been the one in trouble because you brake checked him. I'm not assuming bullshit, I'm reading what you wrote and putting it all together. There's no bullshit in my message, I merely pointed out what you did that was completely idiotic and dangerous to you and everyone around you. What did you expect to accomplish by brake checking the guy behind you? Obviously you just pissed him off that much more. How much easier would it had been to just ignore him and move over when you could? Let the person in front of you deal with the stress. It's hard for me to believe that if you're doing 75 - 80 down the highway someone wouldn't have let you over to the right lane if you had your blinker on. You then could've slipped right back behind him after he passed you.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:46 PM

Sounds like a classic case of roid rage

Old 05-19-2010, 05:56 PM

good one

Old 05-19-2010, 06:01 PM
Forum Regular

If the car in front of you is doing 75 how are you doing 80? Regardless brake checking is stupid thing to do, If he had hit you and you would've been the one in trouble because you brake checked him. I'm not assuming bullshit, I'm reading what you wrote and putting it all together. There's no bullshit in my message, I merely pointed out what you did that was completely idiotic and dangerous to you and everyone around you. What did you expect to accomplish by brake checking the guy behind you? Obviously you just pissed him off that much more. How much easier would it had been to just ignore him and move over when you could? Let the person in front of you deal with the stress. It's hard for me to believe that if you're doing 75 - 80 down the highway someone wouldn't have let you over to the right lane if you had your blinker on. You then could've slipped right back behind him after he passed you.
because I was keep getting closer to the car in front of me at 80mph and had to slow down to put a distance and repeat. Also didnt you read that i got over when i could and got on it? Or are you having hard time to read??

so you have been this badass driver on the streets and follow the rules and regulation on a daily basis right Mr. Awesome?

This is the way I drive, I am not gonna try to get over in between two semis or some other cars at those speeds just because some buttwipe is tailgating me. I am sure you have tailgated in the past many times before, speeded many times before, I am sure you have cut people off before. Now you act like a wise guy behind a keyboard? Seriously, STFU and get back in to the closet you came from.

Last edited by Musclefan21; 05-19-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:01 PM

well its illegal to issue traffic citations with an unmarked police vehicle (atleast here in GA) so if he pulled you over and had a uniformed officer come and write you up, it would ultimately get thrown out

Old 05-19-2010, 06:02 PM

Good point Thirteen Dog,,Its not often that I agree with you, but on this point I have to say you are correct,,,I do find it surprising that you have not been to critical of law enforcement

Old 05-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Forum Regular
Exclamation Re: WoW I got VERY lucky!!!

Hey You want some real fun and Games? Here in washington state, the W.S.P and local municipalities can drive what ever they Want! Most recently I saw a 98 Ford windstar minivan in south Everett. and a 2005 Excursion in Lynwood. as well as a 90 911 rollin north from Marysville!

Oddly enough it was fairly easy to ID them all!

Next time move over and assume it is either a cop or an *******! cuz either one can get You in a whole lotta trouble!

Old 05-19-2010, 06:03 PM
Forum Regular

If you don't want someone to hit your car, then why would you hit/tap your brakes when they are riding your @$$?

I agree with thirteendog completely. If anyone behind you wants to go faster than you, then move the **** over. Even if you are going 120 mph, if someone comes flying up behind you, or is pacing you behind you, then move the **** over.

There are multiple ways you could have gotten in "trouble" or hurt. The guy could rear-end you, and anything could happen in a highway accident. You're not miraculously going to be free from all possible injuries just because the other guy would probably be found at fault.

He also could have gotten out of the car and beat your @$$ after the accident just for the hell of it. Or, for you being a douchebag "brake-checking," he could always pull out a gun or throw something at your car (as happened to some other guy on the forum - he got nails thrown at his car, and blew out his tires and messed up his rims).

Old 05-19-2010, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by 05roadsterguy
Hey You want some real fun and Games? Here in washington state, the W.S.P and local municipalities can drive what ever they Want! Most recently I saw a 98 Ford windstar minivan in south Everett. and a 2005 Excursion in Lynwood. as well as a 90 911 rollin north from Marysville!

Oddly enough it was fairly easy to ID them all!

Next time move over and assume it is either a cop or an *******! cuz either one can get You in a whole lotta trouble!
Local PD around here run base chargers with srt-8 drivetrain, the highway chase cars are a gt-500 and an srt-8 challenger. Some still roll around in crown vics (mostly atlanta pd and state)
A few cities are using malibu's (lol)

I've pulled on the crown vic's and malibus but im not about to step up to our local guys with the chargers... yet

Old 05-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by billvp
If you don't want someone to hit your car, then why would you hit/tap your brakes when they are riding your @$$?

I agree with thirteendog completely. If anyone behind you wants to go faster than you, then move the **** over. Even if you are going 120 mph, if someone comes flying up behind you, or is pacing you behind you, then move the **** over.

There are multiple ways you could have gotten in "trouble" or hurt. The guy could rear-end you, and anything could happen in a highway accident. You're not miraculously going to be free from all possible injuries just because the other guy would probably be found at fault.

He also could have gotten out of the car and beat your @$$ after the accident just for the hell of it. Or, for you being a douchebag "brake-checking," he could always pull out a gun or throw something at your car (as happened to some other guy on the forum - he got nails thrown at his car, and blew out his tires and messed up his rims).
Hey smartass, read the thread and then act badass. I couldnt move over at the time. If somebody wants to bring me hell for that, then they are very welcome to do so. I will hold my own in my own ways. and i do remember the nail deal thread. He literally F'ed with the truck driver when he was being tail gated such as speeding up and just not letting this truct driver to pass him in anyway.

I deserved a ticket today and i didnt get one Hence "LUCKY" in the thread. Now stop acting all lawful and look at yourselves in the mirror.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:10 PM

I know I'm not lawful. I can count at least 7 police jurisdictions off the top of my head that have just stopped even attempting to pull me over and if by happenstance a new guy pulls me over, once they run my tag they let me go scott free. 1 night i was clocked doing 43 in a 25 (I honestly didnt see the sign) but he just said "oh hey, its you, have a nice night."

Old 05-19-2010, 06:11 PM

One way to look at it ,,,At least if you brake check a LEO you may get a ticket, and or some roadside counciling,,,It won't cost you your life...

Quick Reply: WoW I got VERY lucky!!!