Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

A new first for me!

Old 05-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile A new first for me!

Just for the heck of it I decided to enter both of the Xfires into our local annual spring car show. I was always hesitant to do so &, frankly, have always hated the time of the year when they hold the show because May in N.E. Wisc. is always unpredicable; it's usually cool & damp & a crappy time to hang around outside for hours on end.
But this year we've had an excellent early spring so I thought, what the heck - for the enormous sum of $5 per car (& most of it goes to charity) how could I go wrong?
All week long the weather was warm & dry & gorgeous......until yesterday, the day of the show.
Of course !
After spending probably a collective 20 hours cleaning, polishing, waxing, etc., etc. I figured both cars were ready to go!
The weather was cloudy & it had been misting & drizzling all day but by the time of the show, 5PM, the rain had stopped, the roads were drying up & things looked good. We all got staged & moved out onto a now-blocked Main St., parked & settled down for the show.
And then it started to rain - a nice steady rain, enough to make everyone close their hoods & force the awards ceremony up an hour & a half.
I didn't win anything (wasn't expecting to) but overall the experince was a blast. Had several people ask questions about the cars but the most fun of all was watching people stare at the Coupe & then at the SRT & then back at the Coupe trying to figure out what was different between the 2 ("OK, we can see the engines are different but, but....").

Might just have to do this again ..........

A few pics. of the show are in my Gallery.

Oops - forgot - We managed to park almost directly in front of our State Farm insurance agency. As soon as we had gotten both cars settled one of the agents came zipping out with a camera, said "Hey, we insure both of these, right?" & proceeded to snap a few pictures. One of the funnier parts of the evening.

Last edited by Kurts; 05-22-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: A new first for me!

Originally Posted by Kurts
I didn't win anything (wasn't expecting to) but overall the experince was a blast. Had several people ask questions about the cars but the most fun of all was watching people stare at the Coupe & then at the SRT & then back at the Coupe trying to figure out what was different between the 2 ("OK, we can see the engines are different but, but....").
Might just have to do this again ..........

Oops - forgot - We managed to park almost directly in front of our State Farm insurance agency. As soon as we had gotten both cars settled one of the agents came zipping out with a camera, said "Hey, we insure both of these, right?" & proceeded to snap a few pictures. One of the funnier parts of the evening.
As they say...."Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there".

Sorry to hear about the rain, but sounds like you and the Wife had a good time inspite of it.
I never care if I win anything or not, (but it's always nice to, just the same). But I get the biggest kick out of the "confusion" my car causes. Surprisingly, many people know a lot more about our cars than we give them credit for.
Kurts, I bet your two Crossfires were the only ones there, right?

Old 05-22-2010, 01:11 PM

Oh yeah.....to the best of my knowledge there isn't another Crossfire for 40 miles around us. Plenty of Mustangs (8 in various forms) & Camaros (5, including a nice '69) & a Viper RT-10.
A couple of Benz's too.
And you're right about one thing - we had one guy who was impressed that each SRT engine is hand built. I asked him how he knew & he mentioned that he's been eyeballing the Crossfire for years. It just isn't practical for him since he has 4 kids.
I told him to wait until the kids are outta the house. Once those money-sucking parasites are on their own things can get a little bit easier!

Old 05-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kurts
I told him to wait until the kids are outta the house. Once those money-sucking parasites are on their own things can get a little bit easier!
Those money sucking parasites may be outta of the house, but they are never outta your pocket.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by snowtop57
Those money sucking parasites may be outta of the house, but they are never outta your pocket.
Oh, don't we know it!

Kurts-glad you had a good time. Show 'em off!

And BTW, did Deb enter the wet t-shirt comp?

Old 05-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

10-4..................lol

Old 05-22-2010, 03:58 PM
Received 512 Likes on 353 Posts

I second that. My 40 year old son still calls mom for money.

He calls me on my birthday. After mom reminds him.

Not complainin' cause that's kinda normal for the generation.

Or so I'm told.

Besides, they breed grandchildren. I have found that grandchildren are much like free kittens. They come with fees and hidden costs.

roadster with a stick

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 05-22-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
I second that. My 40 year old son still calls mom for money.
Wow...sounds almost like wealth re-distribution.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kurts,

Good stuff, Sounds like you had a grand old time.