Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

low tire pressure light on?

Old 03-15-2004, 03:16 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default low tire pressure light on?

but no low tire pressure. has this happened to anyone else? how did the dealer fix the problem? thanks!

Old 03-15-2004, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only time it's happened to me, I did have a low tire.

Old 03-15-2004, 04:44 PM

Yes, the same thing did happen to me - after the weather suddenly turned cooler. I just topped off each tire with a few pounds of air - even though they all read correctly - and it "fixed" the problem. I sometimes question the accuracy of the guages we use. I have 3 or 4 and they all differ by a pound or 2. My most accurate seems to be the one I bought for our travel trailer. It's got a higher pressure reading. My other ones are only good for 50 pounds and this one can read up to 80.

Old 03-15-2004, 05:33 PM
Administrator
Default thanks.

thank you for the info...i will try this!

Old 03-15-2004, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by dkomeshak
Yes, the same thing did happen to me - after the weather suddenly turned cooler. I just topped off each tire with a few pounds of air - even though they all read correctly - and it "fixed" the problem. I sometimes question the accuracy of the guages we use. I have 3 or 4 and they all differ by a pound or 2. My most accurate seems to be the one I bought for our travel trailer. It's got a higher pressure reading. My other ones are only good for 50 pounds and this one can read up to 80.
I had the same thing happen to me when the weather in my neck of the woods turned cooler last fall. Actually its typical for that to happen, which makes regular tire pressure checking a must do on the Xfire (and any other car for that matter). The amount of pressure in a "cold" tire will differ depending on the season.

Old 03-15-2004, 06:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How low does a tire go before the warning light comes on?

Old 03-15-2004, 09:22 PM
Administrator
Default tried it......

i adjusted the air pressure (was high) down to 36 psi and the light still remains on :?

any other ideas? where is our crossfire tech?

Old 03-15-2004, 10:31 PM
Default Re: tried it......

Originally Posted by andrew
i adjusted the air pressure (was high) down to 36 psi and the light still remains on :?

any other ideas? where is our crossfire tech?
The recommended tire pressure for the Xfire is: 32 psi front and 33 psi rear. 36 psi is too high.

Old 03-16-2004, 11:06 AM
Administrator
Default ok

i'll drop it again...thanks!

Old 03-16-2004, 11:08 AM

I'm one of those people keeping the car in the garage all winter, and yesterday was nice, so I brought her out. The tires were low, and after re-inflating them to the proper psi, I had to turn the key off and then back on again in order for the low pressure light to turn off.

Old 03-16-2004, 11:09 AM

i wonder if it's a "low" pressure sensor or if it's a pressure "deviance" sensor? would it also activate if the pressure is too high??

dan

Old 03-16-2004, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by houstondan
i wonder if it's a "low" pressure sensor or if it's a pressure "deviance" sensor? would it also activate if the pressure is too high??

dan
I think it is designed just to detect low pressure. At least that's my recollection from reading the manual after mine came on last fall. I seem to remember it saying it comes on when the pressure drops more than 20% before the "recommended" level (whatever that is set to be).

I religiously check my pressure every couple of weeks and keep it at 32/33. It's the most **** I've ever been in my life.

Old 03-29-2004, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by krusty_the_klown
I religiously check my pressure every couple of weeks and keep it at 32/33. It's the most **** I've ever been in my life.
Krusty - I want to thank you for this comment. I remember reading this thread weeks ago and you became the little voice in the back of my head saying "check the tires... check the tires..."

Last week I caught what I thought might be a problem with one of my tires - and turned out to be the shaft of a screwdriver banging around! I managed to catch it before any real damage was done. So, thanks again, as you might have saved me from having to start the fight of finding a new tire!

For everyone else: "check the tires... check the tires..." :wink:

Old 03-29-2004, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tdancer2
Originally Posted by krusty_the_klown
Krusty - I want to thank you for this comment. I remember reading this thread weeks ago and you became the little voice in the back of my head saying "check the tires... check the tires..."

Last week I caught what I thought might be a problem with one of my tires - and turned out to be the shaft of a screwdriver banging around! I managed to catch it before any real damage was done. So, thanks again, as you might have saved me from having to start the fight of finding a new tire!

For everyone else: "check the tires... check the tires..." :wink:
No problemo, which reminds me..... I am now one day late on my biweekly tire check. I drove it to work today however, so I'll have to wait until the morning to do the cold tire check.

Old 03-29-2004, 07:18 PM
Forum Regular

Make sure you drive the car after you add air.The sensors don't send signals under 20mph.

Old 03-29-2004, 10:46 PM
Default tires

Talk about ****, I just bought a tire gage and my own air compressor. The tires are so thin I'm almost afaid to hit a bump. Are the tires tougher than they look ?

Old 03-29-2004, 10:51 PM
Default Re: tires

Originally Posted by shawd
Talk about ****, I just bought a tire gage and my own air compressor. The tires are so thin I'm almost afaid to hit a bump. Are the tires tougher than they look ?
what's wrong with the tire guage and compressor in the car???

the tires seem to be able to take hard use ok but you will get wheel damage a lot easier. try to keep the curb-jumping down to a minimum. :lol:

dan

Old 03-29-2004, 10:54 PM

the tires seem to be able to take hard use ok but you will get wheel damage a lot easier. try to keep the curb-jumping down to a minimum. :lol:

dan
Back up to the back up system -- said I was ****... HA !!

Old 03-29-2004, 10:58 PM

dan
Back up to the back up system -- said I was ****... HA !!
i guess you've already got that compressor hooked to a diesel generator then. huh?
:shock: :shock: :lol:

dan

Old 03-29-2004, 11:20 PM
Default Re: tires

I'm way ahead of you. Isn't having your own air compressor great?

Quick Reply: low tire pressure light on?