Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Bye Bye Crossfire Hello Subaru WR1

Old 03-16-2004, 03:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bye Bye Crossfire Hello Subaru WR1

Its a sad (ish) day here as I put my deposit down on a replacement for the crossfire yesterday.... After much deliberation I've opted for the Subaru STi WR1 as a replacement. It wasn't easy getting rid of the CF but its finally come down to looks (CF) vs. performance (WR1), the CF was just to much of a pain, popping out of gear in 1st & 3rd, slow top end, etc. etc. but I cant complain too much as its been great fun and a real head turner.. just need to move on. The dealer (UK) has offered me 22.5K GBP as a trade so im cutting my losses now (5.25K for 3 months driving).

Bit of a shame as I had it on order for 11 months only to sell it on after 3 months driving! any of you guys feel the same? :?

Old 03-16-2004, 04:33 AM
Forum Regular

nope not really apart from the depriciation can't fault the car, nothing personal but i always associate scoobys with the green donwlighter brigade.

best of luck

Old 03-16-2004, 06:25 AM

To each his own..... I know the Subaru is pretty quick. But it sure doesn't have what I would call good looks. I wonder how long that engine will last. My guess is, like most Japanese High performance engines is not even close to 150K miles, before it needs an overhaul.

Good luck!

Old 03-16-2004, 07:00 AM
Forum Regular

What did you get for your Crossfire--did you trade or sell it out right? Curious how the depreciation has hit...

Old 03-16-2004, 07:36 AM
Default Re: Bye Bye Crossfire Hello Subaru WR1

Originally Posted by Liam
Bit of a shame as I had it on order for 11 months only to sell it on after 3 months driving! any of you guys feel the same? :?
So how much was the value lost + the amount of money put down for the Mud-ruckin ricer...

Add those together ... im guessing you lost about 5 - 6,000 + 5 - 6,000 for the new car... Well for 12,000 you could have added engine mods... you would have had a car rather close in speed and looks WAY better... plus its not at ever rich mall parking lot... At least here in Michigan ... It seems all the 16 year olds with rich mom + dad's have bought their kid one of these or a 350z ....

Old 03-16-2004, 08:17 AM

[quote="Liam"]Its a sad (ish) day here as I put my deposit down on a replacement for the crossfire yesterday.... After much deliberation I've opted for the Subaru STi WR1 as a replacement.

Too bad about the Crossfire, but the WR1 is a great little car with rave reviews. Congratulations.

Old 03-16-2004, 08:19 AM

A moment of silence for LIAM. As he/she is still in mourning...But alas, you are still welcome to participate in this forum, but I am sure that you will be in the Suby forum and will be spending another 4-5k modding the new toy. Have fun. Cars are about having fun and enjoying what you have. They were never an investment and never will be. If we cared about resale value so much, this would be called MakeMoreMoney forum and we would be driving 10 yr old volvos and talking about Alan Greenspan. :lol:

Old 03-16-2004, 09:31 AM

Thanks gents, really refreshing to see Im not hung, drawn or quartered for changing the CF!! ... Who knows what the future holds, SRT-6? The best quote ever landho = "Cars are about having fun"

I never posted much but enjoyed reading all your posts guys, thanks & regards.. Liam.

PS - Lord Percy where do I get the green downlights :lol:

Old 03-16-2004, 11:21 AM

im doing the opposite, im selling my us spec wrx sti to get a crossfire, its a big drop in performance but the looks make up for it i think. 8)

Old 03-16-2004, 11:39 AM

Liam, you could get a good Cerbera for that money - did it not appeal?

I'll always keep the Cerbera and use the Crossfire (if it happens) as my runabout.

Old 03-16-2004, 02:43 PM

22.5K was a good deal, I have posted elsewhere that I am also moving on. I only managed 21.5K against an SL500.

I have also really really enjoyed the Forum as well as the car and will be kind of sad to see her go on Thursday.

Still I have gadget heaven coming on Thursday, radar Distronic cruise control, Intergrated Sat/Nav/TV, A/C seats, etc etc.

I guess in a way, again linked to some of my other posts, I am a gadget freak and the Crossfire definelty dissapoints on that front which also led me to think about moving on.

On the times I got to actually 'REALLY' drive the car it was Heaven but on the old long haul down the M4 or up the M5, you need comfort.

I will certainly miss the admiring looks, she sure is a looker, of that no one can argue!!

Best of luck everyone, I guess this will be my last post as a Crossfire owner but you know I have kind of getting used to posting , so I may pop in every now and again.

Old 03-16-2004, 04:05 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by adf3786
Best of luck everyone, I guess this will be my last post as a Crossfire owner but you know I have kind of getting used to posting , so I may pop in every now and again.
Make sure you do! Take care and enjoy the new motor, remember to wave at the crossfires as we whizz past :lol:

Old 03-16-2004, 04:16 PM

I dont blame ya. I think you guys see the writing in the wall with the crossfire but stopped short of saying that. The new price's on them should be a good indication. I too am really considering a trade, Like you said it is a nice looking car. and fun. But it just does not do it for me. All I have to do is talk the wife into it and its gone. 8)

Old 03-16-2004, 10:31 PM

I think you should do whatever works for YOU. I'm very happy with the car. I will probably get something else in a year or two and keep this as something fun to drive. I didn't buy it as an investment, I bought it because it is in my opinion, one of the best styled and best built cars around! Plus, it's FUN to drive! The biggest problem I have, is trying to get the stupid grin off of my face when driving it.

If it doesn't work for you, get rid of it. I'll keep mine.

Old 03-16-2004, 10:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Subaru STi WR1? (ugly) Mitsubishi EVO (ugly) All of these econo-boxes with 'souped up' engines.... :roll: .... After years driving econo-cars im sick of 'em and decided to finally get a car with class and looks. The Crossfire is everything I thought it would be and more. Driving it is like eating a quality steak.... of course some people seem to prefer big-macs or even kid cars for that matter. :shock:

Old 03-16-2004, 11:50 PM

I hate to do this... but Quoted from 2 fast 2 furious...

Where did you get those cars, from the bottom of the cereal box?
I though that was needed ... no matter how much everyone should HATE Fast and Furious!!!!

my friends and I have memorized the movies only to use their quotes in every day life to help make fun of the movie and its way of life... the sup'ed up Cavaliers out there...

Old 12-20-2004, 10:53 AM
Talking Re: Bye Bye Crossfire Hello Subaru WR1

Originally Posted by Danwell
Subaru STi WR1? (ugly) Mitsubishi EVO (ugly) All of these econo-boxes with 'souped up' engines.... :roll: .... After years driving econo-cars im sick of 'em and decided to finally get a car with class and looks. The Crossfire is everything I thought it would be and more. Driving it is like eating a quality steak.... of course some people seem to prefer big-macs or even kid cars for that matter. :shock:

~what good are looks if you can't back them up...it's pretty sad when a "souped up" econo-box will blow the doors off you from every aspect...sure makes you look very stupid. Looks are prefrence, performance is fact....the crossfire to me is ugly (IMO) with no performance (FACT), where as the STI is beautiful in its own way (IMO) and is at the top of the food chain performance wise (FACT)....enjoy "looking good" in your xfire...and i'll enjoy embarrassing you

Old 12-20-2004, 03:56 PM
Forum Regular

any tesco's car park on a sat night Liam

Old 12-20-2004, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by murphrx8
~what good are looks if you can't back them up...it's pretty sad when a "souped up" econo-box will blow the doors off you from every aspect...sure makes you look very stupid. Looks are prefrence, performance is fact....the crossfire to me is ugly (IMO) with no performance (FACT), where as the STI is beautiful in its own way (IMO) and is at the top of the food chain performance wise (FACT)....enjoy "looking good" in your xfire...and i'll enjoy embarrassing you

do you have an sti or an rx8?

Old 12-20-2004, 09:58 PM

i had an rx8, and now own and sti

Quick Reply: Bye Bye Crossfire Hello Subaru WR1