Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

new owner...question

Old 06-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new owner...question

hello all, my names josh, im 19 and ive recently bought a 2004 silver/greyish XF june 1st, had 60k miles on it. im from long island, new york. never seen one of these cars until i bought the car. now i think theres about 2 or 3 i know of in my area. gotta say i love the car. just replaced the right headlight and left brake light.. brake light was simple. but im having a hard time with the right headlight. the metal clip that holds the light in place popped out all the way and dosnt wana fit back in...the right way atleast. right now i have it wedged between something but its staying in... how can i get it back to its original position? im having a hard time looking in to the headlight to see exactly where it goes seeing as its such a small space to work in. is there a small slot im overlooking?
car3.jpg

Last edited by shadow872; 06-27-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:50 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: new owner..question

Compare it to another light. They are the same.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:51 PM
Default Re: new owner...question

i tried that but i couldnt see in far enough to see exactly where the metal clip clips

Old 06-28-2010, 01:59 AM
Default Re: new owner...question

this just happened to me last week. the drivers side one is a easy to pinch back in but it is very difficult to squeeze the passenger clip back in because of tight fit. After an hour or so of trying and several bloody knuckles later I finally took it into one of the local garages and had them place it back in. the hand a mirror and tiny clamp tool and were able to reattach it within about 30 minutes. The only other way of reattaching it myself would have been to remove the headlight assembly. The labor rate for that shop ran me $15 dollars.