Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Ticket :(

Old 09-04-2010, 06:12 AM
Forum Regular
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ticket :(

Well, after being ticket free for almost 5 years, i just received one. a GOOD one . I received a 64mph on 45mph construction zone today, around 4 am. I honestly thought I was going around 55mph and when he asked me that i said around 55mph but he said 64. It was a bit shocking to me but I didnt say anything. He went ahead and wrote me a ticket for the exact speed. I was very polite but he was pretty cut and dry. I wish he cut me a slack on the speed department. maybe give me 10-15 over. Anyway, just like anybody else, I am not happy about it but hey i am the one who did it. I will stand behind my actions and move on. I have to go to court and god knows they will do / say at court (this is a first for me).

good bye to $375.00 and welcome to increased insurance..

drive safe folks.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:58 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Ticket :(

Sinner..........Sinner..

Old 09-04-2010, 08:59 AM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Ask for supervision. Given your record, you'll get it, and won't go against your record = no insurance increase..

Old 09-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris L.
Sinner..........Sinner..
now, now....where did it say "Thou shall not speed"...........it doesn't cost a thing to plead "not guilty". He then has to prove in court how he knew you were doing 64. Some officers have a hard time doing that. Just a thought. If he was lazy, didn't save the facts...then it's his word against yours, and the judge will decide based on the evidence he presented.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My advice is plead INSANITY ...... LOL ..... If the judge asks you why you were going 64mph in a 45mph zone ... just tell him you weren't planning to be out that long ....(Steven Wright joke)
Seriously .... FP is right , if you take a plea, they may make you take a drivers course (that can be done on line) and with supervision it won't go against you if you maintain ticket free for the supervision time. It still will cost you ......
In the meantime, if you get sentenced for a long time, can I have your car????

Last edited by IBLUBYU; 09-04-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Ticket Clinic will save you!!!

Old 09-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Less than 20 over, you should be able to just send in your check and do the traffic school thing (it's online now). Might be different because it was a construction zone.

It's impossible to drive anywhere around here these days and NOT be in a construction zone.

Some kid just got hammered on 75th street in Naperville for doing 100 in a 45. That's going to cost him seriously. Told the cop he was drying off his car. Cop said he's never heard that one. He must be new as it's been a recommended practice for decades (driving to get all the water out of all the nooks and crannies, no necessarily at 100 mph). I do the same thing, but I hit the interstate (and I usually keep it at 90 or below).

Last edited by Joliet John; 09-04-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Forum Regular
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

cop told me that I could get a supervision. I will take a supervision gladly but what is supervision exactly? I am gonna be on a probation?? Man I hate this. I truly dont think I was doing 64 but I guess I was. I am not going to fight anything. I was speeding and got caught. I am just wishing, hoping some mercy

Last edited by Musclefan21; 09-04-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:38 PM

AAHH!!! Supervision = yes it's like a "probation" and probably for a term of 6 months, that you do not receive ANY moving violation citation ..... You will have to take the on-line Traffic Schooling (and pass within the time specified), BUT they do let you print off a graduation diploma. LOL
That's if you take a plea ...... A bailiff will probably talk to you just prior to the case being heard and advise you of your choices of plea. That's when you can decide to plead not guilty and state your innocence, OR, to take a plea of guilty and ask his honor for leniency. The bailiff, if he's worked with the judge previously, sometimes can tell you what your chances are either way. If you plead innocent, and the cop happens to be present and gives his evidence of guilt, and you lose, you not only get fined but are assessed court costs on top of everything else. At that point you lose the chance to go on "supervision" and the results go on your record immediately, and that's what the insurance industry picks up. If you take the guilty plea, and get thru the supervision period, AND pass the traffic school, the record is squashed and dies in the court records. This is what you should do UNLESS you can prove your innocence. Like DOC has said, sometimes the officer didn't bring his paperwork, or can't prove his side, OR, doesn't show up for the trial (sometimes happens, and the bailiff will advise you sometimes if the officer is there or not) .... then it's your word against his ..... up to you ....
You also can hire an attorney (they hang out at the court) and sometimes he can argue your case, but for a fee. No guarantee that he can do better then you ..... so ... let the games begin...

At least that's what I have heard with a "normal" speeding ticket, when your previous record is clean. Don't know about the construction zone thingy.
Hopefully someone else can chime in about whether this is still the procedures or not.

Again ..... if you're sentenced for a long stretch ... can I have your car?

Last edited by IBLUBYU; 09-04-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Forum Regular

But doesent online driving school still cost about $175?? When I got my first bad speeding ticket I was thinking of doing it, but the ticket only way $185, so I would've saved $10. I rather kept the opportunity to do driving school for worse tickets to come

Old 09-04-2010, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Germany
But doesent online driving school still cost about $175?? When I got my first bad speeding ticket I was thinking of doing it, but the ticket only way $185, so I would've saved $10. I rather kept the opportunity to do driving school for worse tickets to come
HMMM !!! I had to take the course about 10 yrs ago for a speeding ticket ... and I don't remember paying for it .......maybe its changed since then .... anybody else?

Old 09-04-2010, 05:55 PM

Did you consider the increase in your insurance?

Old 09-04-2010, 06:48 PM

Just be a man, ...tell the @45!13ing judge you're glad the cop didn't catch you 5 minutes earlier when you were doing over 100....tell them all to kiss your ****. Suck it up & just consider it a "Road Tax", just one of the expenses of sports cars ...like the way the XF eats tires like they were candy!!

Old 09-04-2010, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u[SIZE=2
]now, now....where did it say "Thou shall not speed"...[/SIZE]........it doesn't cost a thing to plead "not guilty". He then has to prove in court how he knew you were doing 64. Some officers have a hard time doing that. Just a thought. If he was lazy, didn't save the facts...then it's his word against yours, and the judge will decide based on the evidence he presented.

I think I heard on the History channel that Moses actually received over 600 commandments from God, not just the 10 we commonly hear about......I think it was # 547 or 548 (not sure).

Old 09-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Our cars are cop magnets!

Only speeding tickets I ever got was in my crossfire. I just requested probation and the judge reduced the cost and it never showed up on my record because I made it through 6 months without another one!

Construction zone is bad! If there are workers present the ticket is even worse!

Old 09-04-2010, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by blackcrossfire07
Construction zone is bad! If there are workers present the ticket is even worse!
Exactly. In Texas, the fines are doubled.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Did you consider the increase in your insurance?
No increase in insurance since it was my first speeding ticket.

I was doing 80 in a 45. Cop said he would actually have to throw me in jail cause its criminal, but he only wrote me down for 65+.

Normally MCSO is not that nice......

Old 09-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

just a couple of followups here...I can only speak of IN laws, but IL may be the same....if you plead not guilty, a trial date is set. You come back, whenever that is, that can be soon, or months later. You will pay courts costs whether you plead guilty or not guilty. Since this was a construction zone citation, I doubt traffic school is offered...it isn't in IN, it's an automatic "double your pleasure" fine. Like I said, that's IN, you will have to talk to someone in the court system where he booked you in...usually it is in one of the local jurisdictions. They can advise you what your options are...but, never admit guilt. Don't say I was doing 50 in a 45, because speeding is speeding...he will slam the gavel....just tell them I was not speeding or if that isn't possible, I was doing the speed limit, period....good luck.....

Old 09-04-2010, 11:50 PM

Everything is spelled out right on the ticket. It tells how much the fines are, how much driving school is, what your options are. You don't even have to go to court to ask for supervision and driving school any more, just check the boxes, mail in your check.

Old 09-04-2010, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by IBLUBYU
HMMM !!! I had to take the course about 10 yrs ago for a speeding ticket ... and I don't remember paying for it .......maybe its changed since then .... anybody else?
Yeah, I just did it about a year ago for speeding less than 20 over (the cop gave me a break). I think the total for the fine, and the school was around $175. Maybe.

Quick Reply: Ticket :(