Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Might have been mentioned: Chrysler Crossfire + 55 Kompressor = Krosspressor

Old 11-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Might have been mentioned: Chrysler Crossfire + 55 Kompressor = Krosspressor

http://jalopnik.com/5680691/chrysler...--krosspressor

The Chrysler Crossfire's 20% Chrysler and 80% Mercedes, but the best Mercedes engine given to us Americans was the SRT6 supercharged 330 hp V6. Someone's fixed this slight by dropping a very Bruce 55K V8 into a Crossfire. Krosspressor anyone?

If you've never heard of SPEEDRIVEN it's because, until recently, they haven't had much of a voice. Now that Jo Borras, formerly of Switzer and RENNtech's on board, expect to hear more of the loud, V12-powered screaming from the little shop in Palatine, Illinois.
Let's start with this Crossfire, which takes a 55K "Kompressor" mill and adds it into the engine bay of the underloved Chrysler-badged product. Note, the AMG 55K put out a maximum of 500 hp at 6100 RPM stock with a hair-rising 516 lb-ft of torque. Stock.
The physical swap was done by Rudy Coparty and all the work to make it work done by SPEEDRIVEN, including adding a rear differential from an E55K, programming the transmission, and giving it a custom manifld-back exhaust to give it the appropriate growl.
This car's a driving test bed for technology from the shop and, other than the PMY color, a good use of an extra engine. But why would you have an extra engine lying around? More on that later.

Photo Credit: Alex Bellus

***edited to add picture.

Last edited by LDNrevs; 11-03-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Might have been mentioned: Chrysler Crossfire + 55 Kompressor = Krosspressor

not much Crossfire love on that site. Bunch of teenage *****'s that'll never drive anything faster than a Kia Rio

Old 11-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Default Re: Might have been mentioned: Chrysler Crossfire + 55 Kompressor = Krosspressor

Hey, they used my photos and actually gave me credit this time! Woo hoo!

I'm glad to see Rudy and Speedriven, not to mention the Crossfire, are getting the recognition they deserve.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:18 PM

Actually not as much hate I was expecting - just a couple commenters taking cheap shots, and the article was pretty positive.

The quality of commenters on any blog these days is bad, and Gawker blogs (Gawker, Jalopnik, Gizmodo, etc.) are the worst. With that said I like Jalopnik's content the best of all of the auto blogs.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No one mentioned that the MB that engine came out of weighed in at about 1000 lbs more than the Crossfire. Can you say weight to power ratio? So Pauls car will most probably wave good bye to the MB. I got to see the rear end of that car pull away from my car way too easily on the straights at the Dragon. Stock he is about 7.2 lbs/hp. In comparasome the 2008 Ferrari 599 GTB with a 0-60 time of 3.2 sec. comes in at 6.5 lbs/hp.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by bri3d
Actually not as much hate I was expecting - just a couple commenters taking cheap shots, and the article was pretty positive.

The quality of commenters on any blog these days is bad, and Gawker blogs (Gawker, Jalopnik, Gizmodo, etc.) are the worst. With that said I like Jalopnik's content the best of all of the auto blogs.
You're correct, I was strictly referring to the comments. The article is very positive.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Forum Regular

I wonder how many of the negative posters have ever been in a Crossfire, let alone an SRT. Common theme seemed to be a regurgitation of Clarkson's view of the Crossfire. Oh well, at least we know what the cars are capable of.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Forum Regular

All publicity is good publicity. Congrats to Paul and Rudy and all involved. The word and work is getting around. I SOOOO wish I had the funds for the transplant. There are enough C6ZO6's around to be worth it.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:06 PM

Isn't Rudy's last name Compart, not Coparty ?! lol that must have been written on a Friday afternoon .

Last edited by downwardspiral; 11-03-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by downwardspiral
Isn't Rudy's last name Compart, not Coparty ?! lol that must have been written on a Friday afternoon .

How did I miss this thread, just crossposted the same thing in Rudy's "yellow is the fastest..." thread.

...like I said in the other one, I think SPEEDRIVEN may have taken a bit too much credit, but that's just my opinion. Not to mention the lack of attention to ALL parties that assisted (i.e. Needswings)

Old 11-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
How did I miss this thread, just crossposted the same thing in Rudy's "yellow is the fastest..." thread.

...like I said in the other one, I think SPEEDRIVEN may have taken a bit too much credit, but that's just my opinion. Not to mention the lack of attention to ALL parties that assisted (i.e. Needswings)
Everyone will get their just due's in do time....at least it is a start....

Old 11-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I thought it rather rude that Speedriven said they did ALL the work to make it work.... Rudy just did the transplant.....

I need to win the lotto so I can have one too.... and do a few other things.....

Old 11-03-2010, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by MikeR
I thought it rather rude that Speedriven said they did ALL the work to make it work.... Rudy just did the transplant.....

I need to win the lotto so I can have one too.... and do a few other things.....
yes sir, a lotto win....would be sweet...I could have one of everything...lol.....and the first thing....is to quit working....and take all those lotto winnings to the camans....lol

Old 11-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

While it was really cool to see a car that I had something to do with on jalopnik and not in some OMG, my eyes are burning sort of way, I'm saddened that there was no mention of Paul, no mention of Accelerated Industries, no mention of NeedsWings and they totally botched the who did what part. I guess I'm just being nit-picky. Just glad that it was on there. Oh, and what the heck, how can they screw up my name that bad? At least they got your name right Alex and gave you credit for your fantastic photography! LOL

Old 11-03-2010, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by rcompart
While it was really cool to see a car that I had something to do with on jalopnik and not in some OMG, my eyes are burning sort of way, I'm saddened that there was no mention of Paul, no mention of Accelerated Industries, no mention of NeedsWings and they totally botched the who did what part. I guess I'm just being nit-picky. Just glad that it was on there. Oh, and what the heck, how can they screw up my name that bad? At least they got your name right Alex and gave you credit for your fantastic photography! LOL
That is OK RUDE Monster, we know who did it, and that is all that counts....my new nick name for ya....old guys can do that....and, I haven't heard a thing back on your other matter...nothing, nada, sry......

Old 11-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

somebody should contact speedriven and ask them to correct the articles and give credit were credit is due. namely all the credit to rudy, paul and needswings!!!!

Old 11-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
somebody should contact speedriven and ask them to correct the articles and give credit were credit is due. namely all the credit to rudy, paul and needswings!!!!
Agreed totally

Old 11-04-2010, 11:29 AM

now now....let us let Rudy do what Rudy needs to do....this is his matter to deal with...I wouldn't want to burn any bridges that don't need to be burned...and put Rudy in a bad spot....he has a lot potential throughout the country to do the work he does, and from time to time, a loaner shop to work with will be an asset....it's hard to pack up your toolbox and welder and go on the road....but, we are here for support in anyway you need Rudy....if you need us to load up...we will be there for you....lol

Old 11-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
It's a misunderstanding guys and wasn't done intentionally. I do appreciate everyone's concern though.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by rcompart
It's a misunderstanding guys and wasn't done intentionally. I do appreciate everyone's concern though.
Cool, that's kind of what I figured....damn left wing reporter....lol

Quick Reply: Might have been mentioned: Chrysler Crossfire + 55 Kompressor = Krosspressor