Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Where do you store CD's?

Old 05-02-2004, 05:05 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do you store CD's?

In my old car I stored my CD's in those sun visor storage things. But the crossfire has such small sunvisors that they don't really work. So I bought a bunch of slim jewel cases thinking the center consol would work well... got the CD's all put in and then tried to close the center consol... and come to find that the consol is 1/2" too shallow. So I tipped all the CD's at an angle and now they fit.... but can only fit about 25 in there.

What do you guys do... or do you old folgies have CD's? :lol: j/k

Old 05-02-2004, 07:15 AM
Forum Regular

I keep them right next to my 8 tracks.

Old 05-02-2004, 08:18 AM

This old fogey keeps his CD's in the bank. Folgie's makes coffee I think. :roll:

Old 05-02-2004, 08:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who needs CD's??? You're supposed to be busy driving and listening to the exhaust notes as you go through the gears!!! :P :P :P

Seriously... I also use the center console. I have a CD carrier I leave in the back. I just swap out CD's whenever the mood strikes. 25 CD's will get you a long way down the road. I'm happy. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Old 05-02-2004, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by CCrossfire
This old fogey keeps his CD's in the bank. Folgie's makes coffee I think. :roll:
Silly rabbit, he means the music kind... geez. And he didn't even ask about coffee :wink: :wink: :wink:

Old 05-02-2004, 08:40 AM

I offered it as humor AZ........Jezze

PS - I knew what he meant. :wink:

Old 05-02-2004, 10:18 AM

I offered it as humor AZ........Jezze

PS - I knew what he meant. :wink:
..and such was mine. Geez. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Old 05-02-2004, 10:32 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default cd storage

i store my cd's (case logic holder 6" by 6") in the vertical pocket/pouch between the two seats...this way when i open my center console lid...the damn thing doesn't slap against the plastic between the seats making an awful noise. :wink:

Old 05-02-2004, 10:44 AM
Forum Regular

:lol: This isn't the time to have CD's in the bank... throw that $$$ in the market or something. What are CD's paying these days, is it above inflation?

But back onto the topic, I have a large CD case that holds 224 CD's, but the average thief would see that as 224 CD's times $15 each... making an easy $3000. I've come out of stores many times to see people looking at and in the crossfire. Most of the people seem harmless, but you never know. I don't think any thief would want my CD's, but they'd have to break in before they realized that... I only own 3 store bought CD's and the rest are my own "mixes". I dont' know why the center consol couldn't be 1/2" deeper.

Oh, and Folgers makes cofee for Folgies to drink :lol:

Old 05-02-2004, 10:56 AM
Forum Regular

surely you mean where do you plug in your MP3 player?

Old 05-02-2004, 11:36 AM

F
Originally Posted by lordpercy
surely you mean where do you plug in your MP3 player?
Nope, meant CD's... an old Fogie here. I just mastered the use of CD's not that many years ago. What are MP3's??? :lol: :wink: :lol:

Old 05-02-2004, 12:09 PM

This isn't the time to have CD's in the bank... throw that $$$ in the market or something. What are CD's paying these days, is it above inflation?

Actually CD's are the best option right now, paying on average double money market rates. Stock market has been tanking recently, but if you know your stuff- a good time to buy - maybe - with the situation in the middle east and interest rates rising you just never know. I could be flip and say invest in a Crossfire, but we all know how that goes. :lol: No humor in the investment world right now unless your into real estate.

Old 05-02-2004, 12:20 PM
Forum Regular

I have 3 case logic cd cases, like 48 per case. I slide them behind the seats. Now that I have the MP3 cd player in the car, I will only need one. 8)

Old 05-02-2004, 12:59 PM

Just install a new radio with MP3/WMA capability ( these are files that you can create on your PC and them put onto a CD, not to hard to do, you can get about 8-10X the music on a CD this way ). 10 MP3 filled CD's in the console and your set with room to spare. See my album for pic of my Alpine unit.

Old 05-02-2004, 03:26 PM
Forum Regular

Actually CD's are the best option right now, paying on average double money market rates. Stock market has been tanking recently, but if you know your stuff- a good time to buy - maybe - with the situation in the middle east and interest rates rising you just never know. I could be flip and say invest in a Crossfire, but we all know how that goes. :lol: No humor in the investment world right now unless your into real estate.
I like living on the edge with my portfolio... 12 month rate of return ~40%... of course im young and can afford to gamble. 8)

Old 05-02-2004, 03:45 PM

This isn't the time to have CD's in the bank... throw that $$$ in the market or something. What are CD's paying these days, is it above inflation?

Capital Preservation....Ahhhhh....

Retail... Pimco Long Term US Government Fund PFGAX....
Wholesale... I can negotiate short term Jumbo for $500,000 or above.
Institutional... I can stage a ladder personal bond fund for $15,000,000 or above.

You can pay me later for the advise. HEHEHE!

Old 05-02-2004, 04:09 PM

Thanks, my FA will be in touch :wink: :wink:

BTW I keep my compact disks in the glove compartment. Elvis and Mireille Mathieu mostly but an occasional Englebert Humperdink NOT :twisted:

Old 05-02-2004, 06:35 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default cd

wow....i can remember less than 4 years ago my 12 month cd's were around 6.5%. how times have changed.

Old 05-02-2004, 07:57 PM

andrew I can remember when 12-13% CD rates were not unusual. ChrisG has it right, it's all about capital preservation in a buyers (credit) market.

As this thread has gotten completely off-track let me offer the benefit of my years to the younger posters here. - It is not what you make, it's how much you keep and how you invest it. My wife and I have never lived up to our incomes (early on very meager), we have always been savers and investors. That is not to say that we have not lived well because we have. We have always invested in real estate and have not had a mortgage or any debt at all in over 15 years, not unusual for those of my generation. The Crossfire not withstanding, be prudent with your income. If you could afford a Bentley and bought a Crossfire instead, congratualtions. If you bought a Crossfire (a totally impractical purchase) and should have bought a Civic, you may already understand what I mean. Buy Suzie Orman's Financial Library and study. Knowledge is wonderful, it's also power.

Now let's get back to where we store our music media in the totally impractical Crossfire....... :lol:

Old 05-02-2004, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by AZ Outlaws
Seriously... I also use the center console. I have a CD carrier I leave in the back. I just swap out CD's whenever the mood strikes. 25 CD's will get you a long way down the road. I'm happy. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Ditto.

Quick Reply: Where do you store CD's?