CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Change Of Plans (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/48304-change-plans.html)

pcozad1 02-25-2011 10:50 AM

Change Of Plans

The plan was for my wife to fly down to Naples buy Genes Crossfire and spend a week at our home in Port Charlotte then drive back to Nebraska.My job will be slow for the next few weeks so, Last night we purchased another ticket . So not only do I get to drive ( when she lets me) the crossfire across the country but I also get to fish for a week If I'm not fishing I will be out in the Jeep. WOO HOO.
Two years ago we bought a vacation home in Port Charlotte Florida last year we bought a boat in Alabama and had some friends pick it up and haul it to Port Charlotte. I then shipped my 83 CJ8 Scrambler to florida from Nebraske because I needed something to pull my boat. Now we are buying a car in Florida to drive back to Nebraska.

Larry Hitze 02-25-2011 10:54 AM

Re: Change Of Plans

Sounds like a good time, enjoy!

Ed Mahoney 02-25-2011 01:42 PM

sounds like life is good !!!! No slow down for you !!! Can I be your driver next move !!!!!!!!!

pcozad1 02-26-2011 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ed Mahoney
sounds like life is good !!!! No slow down for you !!! Can I be your driver next move !!!!!!!!!

I wish I could slow down.We would love to live in Florida but the jobs are not available I run the restaurant division of this company
Restaurants

I currently work for a great company that keep me busy.They just bought a IFL football team ( The Nebraska Danger ) in an economy that is down, we are still moving forward with new businesses and growth.

oledoc2u 02-26-2011 02:36 PM

you need keep the old "8" out of that salt water though...they rust enough...

pcozad1 02-26-2011 04:45 PM

That picture was crossing the Platte river in Nebraska.
The Jeep axles never even get close to the water when I'm putting the boat in.This Scrambler was a rust bucket when I got it.

InfernoRedXfire 02-26-2011 05:15 PM

Enjoy the drive in your "new" Crossfire!

I like your youtube link. An old college friend of mine is Doug Sewell. Perhaps you are familiar with his amps?

Paul Reed Smith Original Sewell

pcozad1 02-26-2011 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Enjoy the drive in your "new" Crossfire!

I like your youtube link. An old college friend of mine is Doug Sewell. Perhaps you are familiar with his amps?

Paul Reed Smith Original Sewell

Yes top of the line amps

Jesus_Christler 02-26-2011 08:21 PM

Sounds like your firm should buy a FL chain for you to supervise :wink:

pcozad1 02-26-2011 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jesus_Christler
Sounds like your firm should buy a FL chain for you to supervise :wink:

I have been telling them the same thing

Squirrel Crusher 02-26-2011 08:49 PM

Oh My!! Your pulling a boat with a short wheel base Jeep.. May the force be with you..Squirrel Crusher

+fireamx 02-26-2011 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Squirrel Crusher
Oh My!! Your pulling a boat with a short wheel base Jeep.. May the force be with you..Squirrel Crusher

I think a Scrambler is a "Long wheel base Jeep....isn't it?

amx1397 02-26-2011 09:16 PM

well,, on your way, 100 miles out of your way, swing over to Ft Lauderdale,, love to see the car,, being i don't have mine here at this thme :( and i could get Randy and a few others ,,we could met for lunch ( we have McDonalds down here too. ) lol jim

pcozad1 02-26-2011 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Squirrel Crusher

It pulls it great. I have had it on the interstate a few times but prefer to keep it under 60

pcozad1 02-26-2011 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
I think a Scrambler is a "Long wheel base Jeep....isn't it?

It is 103" 10 inches longer than the cj-7 check out these pics
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-guy-here.html